Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Having bio breaks or handling an emergency are ok, but just toying with social media while the rest of the group is fighting is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    I kicked someone because he wasn't running back after any wipe(early tbc).
    Healers are not your slaves and you are wasting our time, even if its 1 second.
    Then there are those slacking piles of shit who release and start running back when they are already being ressed...

It's another thing if you really need to do something afk of course, but in that case you should explain it.

Allen Iverson practice youtube. That's my opinion. It's just trash it's not even a boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    But the thing is we don't get a break, were expected to raid solid for the 4 hours we raid, like what do they expect us to do? Have a piss bucket under the desk?
    Sounds there is a lot to this than just not DPS on trash. If it is just once or twice, I doubt it is that big of an issue. If it is a regular thing, then even though it is trash, you are slacking, And this impression can extend to beyond trash pulls. Raiding is more than just showing up on time. Any guilds serious about raiding, even at a casual level and raiding just normal, expects a certain level of commitment.

You are also new to the guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Wrong. You have to be real tight in the ass to start 'threatening' with gkicks because of shit like that.
    Gkick is obviously way over the top, but it's up to the leadership to nip that behaviour in the bud and make sure AFKing on trash doesn't become an acceptable practice, or more people will start doing it because they know they can get away with it. Repeat offenders should be benched for it at minimum, after being given an adequate amount of warnings over it. "If you keep AFKing on trash, I'm gonna have no choice but to bench you."

Again it's situational... sometimes people have legit reasons to go AFK but those people will usually state why they're AFKing or at least write "brb" in raid chat. If you are repeatedly AFKing every single time there is trash, that's when there's a noticeable problem. Raiders will easily notice if the same people AFK all the time.

Edit: Obviously raids should have a break time too especially if they're 4 hours long. If your raid has no breaks, that's a problem with your guild and the leadership. If they refuse to give breaks during raid time, they hold some of the blame for AFKing on trash and maybe they should address it by giving a break.

Deleted
    So much bullshit in this thread, but bottom line, if you don't get on with your guild, find a new one. Personally, in my guild, we have people who disappear completely between bosses. Being pregnant and close to term gives you the right to say that the game isn't the most important thing in the world. We've stopped mid-raid for half an hour while ppl sang their babies to sleep. It's just a fucking game, and having fun with your fellow players is the most important part of it.

Edit: and if teamspeak/ventrillo/whatever isn't more fun than the actual raid, you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc047bb4337b; 2017-01-28 at 01:03 AM.

So the guild I'm currently (only been in it for 2/3 months)in the officers/gms are threatening to kick me from the guild because apparently I slack on trash, admitted I do use that time to reply to /w and texts on my phone/change music/bio break stuff like that but their argument is that if I can't perform on trash I don't deserve to be on the bosses/raid, on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me, when I joined they advertised them selves as a social relaxed guild of a few fellow friends that have been playing together for years, progress is what you'd probably expect from an average guild, 2/3 mythic kills in EN and just venturing into Heroic NH. My question to all of this is do they have a fair point to gkick/bench me for not giving 110% performance on trash mobs or are they just being elitist while thinking they are casual?
    Well, it's not a reason I would kick someone for, but they are kind of justified.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Sounds like a terrible guild. I used to slack on trash because let's face it, it's trash. If the keeners want to go all out then good for them.
    That's not how it works. There's always gonna be some hardcore no lifers in most guilds who will be using pots and going all out.

Fact is, some of us want to grab a glass of water, check up on family members or answer emails. What's wrong with that?
    Haha, what a terrible guild, they have people who try and work hard!

Quote Originally Posted by murosfw View Post
    So much bullshit in this thread, but bottom line, if you don't get on with your guild, find a new one. Personally, in my guild, we have people who disappear completely between bosses. Being pregnant and close to term gives you the right to say that the game isn't the most important thing in the world. We've stopped mid-raid for half an hour while ppl sang their babies to sleep. It's just a fucking game, and having fun with your fellow players is the most important part of it.

Edit: and if teamspeak/ventrillo/whatever isn't more fun than the actual raid, you're doing it wrong.
    In a casual guild sure, wasting 19 other peoples time because you want to check your emails or send out some texts in a mythic raid is unacceptable, bottom line. If you want to play the game as a game and not get anything done, sing to your kid while 19 other people are waiting on you, mythic raiding isn't for you, sorry not sorry. But don't jump down the guilds ass when you get removed from the guild or lose your core raiding spot because you consistently pull stunts like that.

When you have limited time to raid and down new bosses it sucks with people decide to not help on trash or hearth to change talents then tell us to summon when we get to the boss or go afk at the last boss until the group gets to the new one.

In the end it just means the trash takes that much longer to kill reducing time spent on the next bosses.

I would be fine if a guild I was in wanted to prune those people off of our roster especially when they do it over and over again.

So the guild I'm currently (only been in it for 2/3 months)in the officers/gms are threatening to kick me from the guild because apparently I slack on trash, admitted I do use that time to reply to /w and texts on my phone/change music/bio break stuff like that but their argument is that if I can't perform on trash I don't deserve to be on the bosses/raid, on bosses I perform as to what is expected of me and in many cases I out perform the other same classes even though they have superior weapon levels etc than me, when I joined they advertised them selves as a social relaxed guild of a few fellow friends that have been playing together for years, progress is what you'd probably expect from an average guild, 2/3 mythic kills in EN and just venturing into Heroic NH. My question to all of this is do they have a fair point to gkick/bench me for not giving 110% performance on trash mobs or are they just being elitist while thinking they are casual?
    Try putting the shoe on the other foot. What would happen if everybody treated trash the way you do? Would it ever get done? Would you be able to actually fight bosses or not?

It seems to me that you are being pretty self-centered here. I doubt they are expecting everybody to be 100% focused on trash and never take a bio or whatever. It's likely that you do it all the time. Maybe start considering the fact that your time is no more valuable than their time and try to be considerate of that fact.
    It's "should have" and "could have." When a native English speaker uses of in place of have, he or she looks ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Wow. I read this thread and did not see what I expected. At all.

We routinely have at least 1 person go afk for a bit on trash packs. We don't really do official breaks, you just get up when you need to. If it turns out that's too many people to keep going, we just make it an official break.

Because, shockingly, we all want to raid, so we all naturally want to minimize our downtime away from the raid. If you have something else you need to do, you just let the raid know and go do it. And, because we're all reasonably mature, we just move on. So long as we don't have both tanks, all the healers, or most of the dps go at the same time, it's not like it's difficult to deal with the trash down a few people. The number of times we have to actually stop because too many people go afk is vanishingly small.

If they're insisting you take no breaks and give 110% the entire time, they're not doing casual raiding. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but you can't claim to be casual while you're demanding that level of focus and dedication.

Hell, even when we were doing heroic raiding in Cataclysm we didn't act like that. That's something I'd expect from guilds going for realm firsts on Mythic fights, nothing less.
    It's not about 110% and never walking away. Read the OP again... he's coasting during trash while he texts, etc. That's VERY different from saying "Hey, quick afk, Gotta bio/grab a drink/etc" No one really care about a 2 min AFK that you need to take if you say something. It's slacking on all of the trash (or most of the trash) because hey, it's trash, right? That attitude puts out the message that you're too good to pay attention and help get the trash down, you have texts to send and playlists to change. It's not really the performance it's the attitude. See Tennisace's reply for an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Yah know, if you're pregnant and close to term it's fine to stop raiding for a few weeks. This is the same "But my kids!!!" excuse. It's FINE if you have other, more important things to do than raid. Then don't raid.

Also, you're guild seems to have made a *collective* decision that it's fine to dick around, go AFK and sing to your kid etc. That's NOT what we're talking about here, that's a group decisions not one person unilaterally deciding to slack off. Note that OP has been with this guild for a couple of months too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    In a casual guild sure, wasting 19 other peoples time because you want to check your emails or send out some texts in a mythic raid is unacceptable, bottom line. If you want to play the game as a game and not get anything done, sing to your kid while 19 other people are waiting on you, mythic raiding isn't for you, sorry not sorry. But don't jump down the guilds ass when you get removed from the guild or lose your core raiding spot because you consistently pull stunts like that.
    They're obviously not a mythic/progression oriented raid so your point isnt really valid. HOWEVER... it's a culture thing that they've all bought into. If one of them changed guilds and expects the new guild to deal with that, well...
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-01-28 at 02:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's not about 110% and never walking away. Read the OP again... he's coasting during trash while he texts, etc. That's VERY different from saying "Hey, quick afk, Gotta bio/grab a drink/etc" No one really care about a 2 min AFK that you need to take if you say something. It's slacking on all of the trash (or most of the trash) because hey, it's trash, right? That attitude puts out the message that you're too good to pay attention and help get the trash down, you have texts to send and playlists to change. It's not really the performance it's the attitude. See Tennisace's reply for an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Yah know, if you're pregnant and close to term it's fine to stop raiding for a few weeks. This is the same "But my kids!!!" excuse. It's FINE if you have other, more important things to do than raid. Then don't raid. Now, in a tight knit group, people might say "Look, she's been with us for years, we're cool it she takes time out of the raid.".... but a) that's a group decisions not one person imposing their lack of effort and b) note that OP has been with this guild for a couple of months.
    Exactly. It's the attitude. If you feel like you're above clearing the trash, you are a selfish player and you're not a team player. People like that are not good for a roster and should be removed.

Well as this thread has quickly tunred into why am I not going to the toilet before raid fest, it's clear that most people think I should put in the exact same amount of effort you do with bosses so thanks all for the replies
    AKA: I'm going to post sarcastically to cover that I'm a shitty raider who wants to only have to play for bosses. I hope your guild sees this thread and gets rid of you today for whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    In my guild we have 3 raid groups, 1 pushing hard progression, second semi hardcore and third casual. Everyone in all 3 groups are using potions and all other consumables. You know why? Because we respect each other in the guild and we want to make raid smooth and fun experience for everyone.

And how would you kill those bosses if everyone in the raid would just go afk on trash? Or how fun would be raid when you kill maybe 2-3 bosses because clearing trash take forever due 80% of the raid being afk? Who deserve to be afk and whos dont?

Use LFR then?
    Yeah right dude. Your casual group is using potions on trash?

Obviously the entire raid isn't afk on trash. However nothing is wrong with us busy folk taking some afk time to handle our affairs.

Deleted
    Whiny OP cannot be a princess and AFK for trash.

Expect any decent guild to be there for trash and to have same expectation for you as a raider, quick bio breaks not withstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah right dude. Your casual group is using potions on trash?

Obviously the entire raid isn't afk on trash. However nothing is wrong with us busy folk taking some afk time to handle our affairs.
    Get your shit done before raid or after it. Your shitty time management isn't the raid's problem.

10+ Year Old Account

nothin more fun than waitin half an hour for ur ass to be back (y)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Get your shit done before raid or after it. Your shitty time management isn't the raid's problem.
    I've never been kicked or even bothered by anyone for afking during trash. It seems my method works fine.

Deleted
    I've never been kicked or even bothered by anyone for afking during trash. It seems my method works fine.
    I guess your guild tolerates it, which is up to them. You'll still be slowing them down by not helping them though, that's an undisputable fact.

What a bunch of nerds. Trash is serious business I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.