Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    quick question:
    stat weights atm?
    what % should my haste and crit be on and what is the proper amount of mastery?

I changed from destro to affliction recently and im having troubles with figuring out the exact sweet spot as it comes to stats.

With the Stretens Sleepless Shackles legendary, should that alter my MG rotation at all? Or just happens to sometimes increase my DPS doing the standard rotation?

What trinkets from NH do you think Will be ot are bis for affli?
    Thanks for all terryn you rock!

I'll try to explain as best I can...

Taking Star Augur
    Talents: 3211111
    I may be doing the rotation wrong but I'll do my usual Agony/SL/UA*2/Reap then Drain.
    Now I've read that you continue to drain until all UA has dropped off?

However, at times I find that Agony is about to drop off from Effigy whilst I should still be draining (based on the above).
    My question is, which is priority, keeping Agong at 10 stacks on Effigy, or draining as best I can on Main Boss?

Hope this makes sense.

How many people think blizzard is going to fix our artifact weapon. I was looking through the list of artifacts and our weapon is the only one with a RNG on-use mechanic. I don't mind the way the artifact works, i quite enjoy it. I do feel though that blizzard needs to fix the consistency of the RNG.
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetster View Post
    I'll try to explain as best I can...

Taking Star Augur
    Talents: 3211111
    I may be doing the rotation wrong but I'll do my usual Agony/SL/UA*2/Reap then Drain.
    Now I've read that you continue to drain until all UA has dropped off?

However, at times I find that Agony is about to drop off from Effigy whilst I should still be draining (based on the above).
    My question is, which is priority, keeping Agong at 10 stacks on Effigy, or draining as best I can on Main Boss?

Hope this makes sense.
    The idea is to renew agony/SL even early/above pandemic range if you have to so you don't have to interrupt soul drain in the UA's at all.

That's what's yielded better results for me. A lot of people are stuck with only renewing dots on the pandemic range but I simply renew dots whenever I'm moving and don't need to life tap, so that my time standing is spent on draining instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Will be doing some updates to the guide this weekend, including talents and updating some stuff with NH heroic bosses, and some stuff prepped to plop in mythic bosses.
    Hey Terryn, was just curious about a trinket. I'm currently at ~115% mastery with Metronome and Urn w/ a socket. I have 4piece so shard generation isn't too much of an issue - however I was curious if it's worth losing that ~12% mastery by dropping the Urn for the Gul'dan trinket?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    Hey Terryn, was just curious about a trinket. I'm currently at ~115% mastery with Metronome and Urn w/ a socket. I have 4piece so shard generation isn't too much of an issue - however I was curious if it's worth losing that ~12% mastery by dropping the Urn for the Gul'dan trinket?
    Simulationcraft.org Try moving your gear around and compare results. The issue with legion gearing is theres so many possibilities with gear there is no blanket "This item is good and this item is bad" (outside of trinkets lmao)

As far as trinkets, your current priority is:

Whispers > Stat sticks > everything else. Metronome is on the higher end of the "Everything else" camp, but for the most part everything else is WAY below your stat sticks.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Deleted
    As far as trinkets, your current priority is:

Whispers > Stat sticks > everything else. Metronome is on the higher end of the "Everything else" camp, but for the most part everything else is WAY below your stat sticks.
    What about kill'jaden''s?

Deleted
    Is it worth swapping out a M+5 Naxxramus Siked Tongue (ilevel 850) for the Metronome (870)? Aside from Whispers the Nighthold lock trinkets seem sucky for afflocks because of the stats and poor proc rates

Never mind. Gul'dan just dropped something nice rendering the question moot
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-01-28 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by insuline View Post
    What about kill'jaden''s?
    Check Not's sims, they are updated. KJ trinket is bis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    "BiS" is kind of meaningless now, isn't it? Especially for legendary items. Of course the legendary trinket is the best possible trinket in the game. It'd be ridiculous if it wasn't. But at issue is that rather than competing against other trinkets for a trinket slot, it's competing with your other legendary items for one of your two legendary slots.

So everyone with KJ's trinket and 3+ legendary items has to make a very personal calculation. What's my second best trinket, and how much better is KJ's trinket? What are my other legendary options, and how good are the benefits each of them brings to the table? Is KJ's trinket better enough than my normal trinket to not equip one of my other legendary pieces?

Really, I think we need to rank legendary items in a priority list the same way relic traits are. Throwing about "BiS" is just pointless for them.

Deleted
    I'd use it, except as a legendary it's not particularly good, I have the hood and wrists which are superior, except possibly for an AOE fight with a critical burn phase.

Outisde of Whispers the trinkets for affliction are rathe rpoor fare imho

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    "BiS" is kind of meaningless now, isn't it? Especially for legendary items. Of course the legendary trinket is the best possible trinket in the game. It'd be ridiculous if it wasn't. But at issue is that rather than competing against other trinkets for a trinket slot, it's competing with your other legendary items for one of your two legendary slots.

So everyone with KJ's trinket and 3+ legendary items has to make a very personal calculation. What's my second best trinket, and how much better is KJ's trinket? What are my other legendary options, and how good are the benefits each of them brings to the table? Is KJ's trinket better enough than my normal trinket to not equip one of my other legendary pieces?

Really, I think we need to rank legendary items in a priority list the same way relic traits are. Throwing about "BiS" is just pointless for them.

Lucky you.

My 4 legendaries are Pillars, Norgannon's, Sephuz, and Sacrolash ring.

RIP

By this point I'd be ecstatic to get the damn trinket.

Lucky you.

RIP

By this point I'd be ecstatic to get the damn trinket.
    lol my two are Norgannon's and Sephuz (in that order). I'm assuming I get 4 shared ones before getting a Destro one, although yeah my current trinks are my worst items so I'd be pretty happy with the KJ trink actually.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Lucky you.

Well I didn't say I had it. Thanks to a spec swap my three are Prydaz, Pillars, and Sacrolash's Dark Strike.

Though I'll say again, I think a lot of people underestimate the power of utility legendaries that aren't easily simmed. I'd seriously love to have Norgannon's, because those have to be a major DPS upgrade for Afflic. I use Prydaz as a brute force alternative where I just stand in the fire if it'd mean losing MG right after dumping some UA in. Dark Strike isn't always useful but when it is it's huge. The hat or the cape might be a better DPS upgrade, but they're the boring sort of upgrade that doesn't change anything in what you can do or how you play. All you see is bigger numbers when you check the damage meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Well I didn't say I had it. Thanks to a spec swap my three are Prydaz, Pillars, and Sacrolash's Dark Strike.

Though I'll say again, I think a lot of people underestimate the power of utility legendaries that aren't easily simmed. I'd seriously love to have Norgannon's, because those have to be a major DPS upgrade for Afflic. I use Prydaz as a brute force alternative where I just stand in the fire if it'd mean losing MG right after dumping some UA in. Dark Strike isn't always useful but when it is it's huge. The hat or the cape might be a better DPS upgrade, but they're the boring sort of upgrade that doesn't change anything in what you can do or how you play. All you see is bigger numbers when you check the damage meter.
    A couple of my guildies strongly disagreed with me when I was praising Norgannon's when a few of us got them fairly early into Legion. But even then (playing Destro) I thought they were amazing, and now they're just insanely good. Honestly they feel too strong. Or maybe I'm just not doing challenging enough content yet with them since the buff (as in, right now I get to stand still for 8 seconds in order to get the buff, whereas I won't be getting as often in harder content possibly).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    A couple of my guildies strongly disagreed with me when I was praising Norgannon's when a few of us got them fairly early into Legion. But even then (playing Destro) I thought they were amazing, and now they're just insanely good.
    I know, right? They're basically a more balanced Kil'jaeden's Cunning. Hands up if you remember how brokenly good KJC was.

Norgannon's can be decent, but unfortunately there are various fights where you're forced to stutter step often. Star Augur during Fel phase, Trilliax is a bitch to casters period. Botanist and Gul'dan can be annoying. Spellblade during Arcane phase sucks.

More importantly, there are enough opportunities to dump UA's and drain uninterrupted and shards can be banked for those opportunities, so the benefit is diluted as well.

The biggest benefit I see with Norgannon's is during Krosus.

To be honest, for Tichondrius, Botanist, and Guldan, I find pillars more useful because of the large distances I'm required to travel.

And both hood/cloak just give pretty large boosts regardless of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    lol my two are Norgannon's and Sephuz (in that order). I'm assuming I get 4 shared ones before getting a Destro one, although yeah my current trinks are my worst items so I'd be pretty happy with the KJ trink actually.
    I have the exact same Legendaries, in the exact same order. I do have one good trinket though, an 880 Arcanocrystal, though I'd still be thrilled with the KJ trinket. Especially since then I could use it for all 3 specs and not have to worry about spec exclusive ones.