Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love being the only one to dps on trash in raids.

Trash is part of the raid, its not just bosses, stay focused and preform until there is a break, if something is urgent - type in chat and inform your officers/RL like "omg im exploding, brb taking a dump" or "my cat is burning, need to call about my viasat license", they'll be more understanding.

Dont go afk every bit between bosses, since most of the time, there isnt only 1 person doing that, leaving a handful to do what the entire raid should be doing. From start to end, atleast try to be present, you set time out of your scheduel to raid, so do that, and leave FB/mobile/TV until after. Common courtesy while in group content, you set time aside, others did to. dont waste their and expect the same from them.
    Last edited by Addict; 2017-01-28 at 04:14 AM.

I don't really mind people afk'ing during trash, it tends to go down quickly regardless.

HOWEVER, people who afk after wiping drive me fucking insane. It shouldn't take 10 minutes to pull the boss again holy shit.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Eh obviously I mean once in a while not at every single trash pack. Fact is some of these guilds take no break or only take a break every 2 hours. People have lives so of course they will use trash to get things done.

- - - Updated - - -

It's way worse to not pull your weight on progression and get carried to loot.
    The people have lives argument is pure trash. People all make a commitment to be at a certain place at a certain time. OP, and by extension of you defending him, you, think your time is better than other peoples. If you cannot commit to raiding then leave the guild. It is as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    its pretty circumstantial though. taking less than a minute to run upstairs during loot distribution or during trash to get more water isnt a crime. You raid with people not robots.

however it sounds like op was gone for an extended period of time during trash and was punished for it, thats inexcusable and i dont agree with it

sometimes im trying to do trash with one hand (razer naga) and eating a sandwich with the other hand, doing lazy dps. sue me?
    AGAIN (christ, people rtf thread...), it's not an issue if it's once in a while some raids. But if people have noticed he's not focusing on trash enough to mention it, it's probably a chronic thing... that's just different than occasionally doing something (however the the damn sandwich before the raid... it's not like you don't know the raid is happening).

Plus, he's 2-3 months in... and already made this impression. If you're a RL, you tend to cut this behavior off early before it gets out of hand.

its trash, your guild needs to lighten up

I have found that when I have fun while doing something, I am less likely to be annoyed by others actions. While the reverse seems to be true too. Don't be offended by the threat, I am more than sure that there is a guild out there for you.

They don't sound like a true casual guild then, in the guild I was in back in TBC, the best time to go AFK was during trash, just put someone on follow. Worst time to go AFK was always at the boss.

I am pretty sure my current guild doesn't care either, some of our members with kids have been known to take a quick AFK.

Personally, if you don't like their rules, I'd find a new guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifewish View Post
    I don't think we're talking about a bio-break here and there. If he's AFK during trash so often that the Guild Leaders notice it then he is slowing the raid down. If everybody took the "it's just trash" attitude...progression would slow to a crawl.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-01-28 at 05:19 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmits View Post
    Again people taking stuff literally, I'm not saying I'm pissing like a water feature but on the odd times I need a bio break in the middle of the raid
    And you cant tell this to the raid because?....

When we need to go the bathroom,my guild leader which is a guy very rigid btw, he give us a break of 2 minutes to do that for all of members of the group, for your part it seen you don't communicate with your officers

Lurked here from the start and gave into my curiosity....I too wanted to see logs of this overachiever yet he sadly disappeared when asked. I got curious and found a lovely post where he linked his logs this past year (september) asking for dps help. Lo and behold, though people had responded, the OP had no link to said logs.....but wait, what's that I see? A time stamp where he went back months later (hint: tonight the exact same time he was asked for logs) and deleted the link from his post....why delete your logs from a months old post tonight, when asked to show the asked proof of your trash performance? Ops full of shit like we all knew.

Edit: adding the link to his post, the timestamp is so amusing.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ps-(with-logs)

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    Lurked here from the start and gave into my curiosity....I too wanted to see logs of this overachiever yet he sadly disappeared when asked. I got curious and found a lovely post where he linked his logs this past year (september) asking for dps help. Lo and behold, though people had responded, the OP had no link to said logs.....but wait, what's that I see? A time stamp where he went back months later (hint: tonight the exact same time he was asked for logs) and deleted the link from his post....why delete your logs from a months old post tonight, when asked to show the asked proof of your trash performance? Ops full of shit like we all knew.

Edit: adding the link to his post, the timestamp is so amusing.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ps-(with-logs)
    Yeah, a lot of the time it's easy to spot the people that are full of shit.
    If they don't get the reaction they want right away they'll just add to or change their story in an attempt to get people on their side. It's funny that he deleted the logs in an attempt to cover his tracks...but by doing so sent up a huge red flag to anyone that looked, though.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    Man people super fucking serious about trash.

Kinda wonder how casual everyone ripping on the op is.
    I'm casual as hell, I still don't have patience for the fuckwits who think they can just afk so we can clear for them.

Ppl that slack on trash should be lootbanned and later replaced if it continues.

I usually allow a couple people to take a short afk between bosses, but it's when more than that I have to call people out. People see others afk then they go afk, then suddenly half the raid is afk during trash.

People that mock the idea of people taking participation in trash seriously never seem to argue the objectivity of not being able to kill trash if everyone (which goes without saying as all players are equal) had the mindset that they could do their daily chores once the boss is dead. Let alone the disrespect shown to other raid members.

A majority of the people mocking participation in trash also seem to ignore the context of the situation OP described and the repeated offenses he acknowledged on his part.

If you're going to call out people who take trash seriously without having any sort of defense for the holes in logic made clear by those posters, you're only making your side look more unjustified. You sound elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Ok! Continued to browse the OPs older posts and found yet another link to logs (albeit from WoD). Using the information there I discovered our friend raided on a paladin, following this cookie trail intrigued me so I continued! He switched to a demon hunter before then switching to a warrior and joining his current guild. Using wowprogress i looked up that guild and confirmed their progression to match the ops original post as wel as the timeline for his joiNing (they also mention being a tightnit group who has played together for sometime, like he said). I then noticed the logs I found to be uploaded by the....dun dun dun....Same person, the OP.
    I'd like to thank the OP for giving me a fun way to waste some time lol. Feel free to look over his logs, filter to trash and you'll start to see the picture.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22674

Oh, his character is Rexxr on thoselogs.
    Last edited by velren; 2017-01-28 at 07:33 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    If I were you I would just leave. In todays age of WoW you dont have to put up with any players you dont like. Why on earth would you want to play with people who would kick you for this or in any guild that wants to kick you
    Thing is their reputation can haunt them, I have seen it happen many times.. When that particular players previous guild will give the players new guild a heads up on that player..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    When you're part of a group and you're dragging your ass because you're texting someone or checking your facebook, you kind of have it coming.
    Agree on that. When you raid YOU RAID. You don't do anything else at that time. Yeah trash cans be annoying and boring, but imagine if everyone else in your group do what you do? Your raid would never get to any of the bosses...
    You really need to get some disciplin and manners. Your actions are incredibly selfish and childish.

And I understand that it is a casual guild, but that is no excuse for slacking.

Now man up and help your guild!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifewish View Post
    The thing is: It's not really an issue per se for the raid as a whole if one player has that attitude - however, now imagine everyone having a similar one. You should behave like you expect others to behave, and if you don't want to waste time, it would be good to not constantly slack.

Going to the toilet if you have to is one thing, and fine - but it really should be possible for everyone to go 4 hours without checking Facebook and Co. I doubt that anything on there is so important that it can't wait until the raid is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you bit. Don't be lazy.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥