Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Except for the rep grinds you need to do to get the big AP drops from the NH questline. GL starting that over.
    Even the Guldan quest only gave 750k at AK25. I logged in today and had 900k AP from WQs on my map. There have been days where i've logged in and there's been more than double that.. Even order hall missions give close to 200k with the bonus at AK 25. Not a huge loss if you don't do that quest chain.

I got around to working on my rogue. I bought him some 815 gear to up his ilvl for better WQ rewards and he's got real lucky with upgrades and hit 845 in just a few days. The lock I worked up I didn't get anything for and he's still 805.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I THINK it's charmäääääääzing! im so motivated to level my alts now and it is GREAT JOY

Go back a month: "Waaaa Legion is so bad for alts"
    Today: "Waaaa Legion is so fast for alts"

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

I have had 6 alts (plus my main) reach AK 25 naturally, and all of them are at or above rank 35 in their primary weapon.

I've had 4 additional alts be able to benefit from the AK20 tome, some from AK0-20, one from AK17-20.

On those 4, they're all like 2 or 3 days from AK 25, at which point I will do suramar on them. The only exception has been my shaman, who I did Suramar on with a friend. Clearing all of Suramar (except the exp. gated content) with AK20 will result in like 34.5/35 traits. Waiting to get AK21 or 22 will likely result in all 35. AK25 will reach 36 or 37 iirc

Normally I just do really basic content on my alts while they accrue their AK25, with the changes to the tomes, it made the wait like 15 days instead of ~100.

It definitely makes my late levelers catch up much more quickly. I honestly lost interest in leveling alts around early November, because my alts would be around six weeks behind everyone, and everyday compounded the issue. I rushed a bunch to 110 in preparation for 7.1.5 though. Missing my DK now.

I do agree with it "feeling" silly. Getting 35-37 traits in a few hours once you're AK25 is really silly. Your power just flies up. It's honestly not much different from old catchup systems. Getting full 695 gear within a few minutes of hitting 100 had similar effects in player power, it just didn't feel silly.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-01-27 at 11:09 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

If you got to itemlvl 865 quickly, that means you're doing endgame content, either mythics or raiding. It's fine to get to that itemlvl a couple weeks after hitting maxlevel. That isn't faster than previous expansions-- it's the equivalent of getting to itemlvl 670 early in patch 6.1. You need to raid to do it, but not at hard difficulties, and it's just not a big deal.

I look at AP35 as baseline, not really aspirational. AP after 35 is a long, slow slog. What really matters is gear, like always in WoW.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Go back a month: "Waaaa Legion is so bad for alts"
    Today: "Waaaa Legion is so fast for alts"

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
    Different people, different opinions. Amazing, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Different people, different opinions. Amazing, I know.
    Thats not an opinionm, thats just being a self entitled baby that needs everything handed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I have had 6 alts (plus my main) reach AK 25 naturally, and all of them are at or above rank 35 in their primary weapon.

I've had 4 additional alts be able to benefit from the AK20 tome, some from AK0-20, one from AK17-20.

On those 4, they're all like 2 or 3 days from AK 25, at which point I will do suramar on them. The only exception has been my shaman, who I did Suramar on with a friend. Clearing all of Suramar (except the exp. gated content) with AK20 will result in like 34.5/35 traits. Waiting to get AK21 or 22 will likely result in all 35. AK25 will reach 36 or 37 iirc

Normally I just do really basic content on my alts while they accrue their AK25, with the changes to the tomes, it made the wait like 15 days instead of ~100.

It definitely makes my late levelers catch up much more quickly. I honestly lost interest in leveling alts around early November, because my alts would be around six weeks behind everyone, and everyday compounded the issue. I rushed a bunch to 110 in preparation for 7.1.5 though. Missing my DK now.

I do agree with it "feeling" silly. Getting 35-37 traits in a few hours once you're AK25 is really silly. Your power just flies up. It's honestly not much different from old catchup systems. Getting full 695 gear within a few minutes of hitting 100 had similar effects in player power, it just didn't feel silly.
    I completely agree with all your sentiments.

It's also interesting to know just how much AP is in Suramar without even touching the quests that require exalted rep. I just might do that now. Or as soon as the char reaches AK 25, anyway.

Worth mentioning that if you level to 110 without doing a lot of questing, there are plenty of quests in the rest of the Broken Isles that reward AP although I don't know if it's a whole lot. And if you wait a while after 110 to finish the order hall campaign you'll have a good few AK25'd Greater Glory of the Order waiting for you. The question is if holding off on either of these things is worth the exp you're opting out of. Might actually lose time trying to level exclusively by chain running dungeons, especially as a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    I completely agree with all your sentiments.

It's also interesting to know just how much AP is in Suramar without even touching the quests that require exalted rep. I just might do that now. Or as soon as the char reaches AK 25, anyway.

Worth mentioning that if you level to 110 without doing a lot of questing, there are plenty of quests in the rest of the Broken Isles that reward AP although I don't know if it's a whole lot. And if you wait a while after 110 to finish the order hall campaign you'll have a good few AK25'd Greater Glory of the Order waiting for you. The question is if holding off on either of these things is worth the exp you're opting out of. Might actually lose time trying to level exclusively by chain running dungeons, especially as a DPS.
    The quests offer like 100 or 200 base - which turns into 25k, 50k ish at AK25. Not tiny, but no more than a world quest to be honest.

Your best use of time will be chain running M+
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Boah as sensashunal and gentle sucka's gotss' we already celebrated everydin'? It's likes some resurrecshun uh little people - de twinks. Many great joy be spilled.

10+ Year Old Account
    But none of my mains have high Artifact Knowledge, the alt I'm leveling right now is pretty screwed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    But none of my mains have high Artifact Knowledge, the alt I'm leveling right now is pretty screwed...
    Thats your fault. AK was supereasy to get to 25 - you just had to login every few days and keep the research going.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the dozens of people who made threads about how Legion was the worst ever expansion for alts will be relieved.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This has to be one of the most garbage threads I've seen on these forums in a VERY long time, and that is saying something.

As someone pointed out, Trait 20 isn't even 1% of the way to maxing your artifact. Even if ALL you care about is 35 on your alt, you're STILL not even 1% of the way to THAT.

Alt progression should NEVER be as painful as main progression. If you level an alt months after a main, your alt shouldn't be perpetually months behind your main. It should never fully catch up to it, mind you, but having NO catch up mechanic at all to help lessen the gap is a one way ticket to killing off a large portion of people who play WoW. Many people have alts. So far, this expansion has easily been THE least alt friendly expansion to date, so ANY catch up mechanic is not only welcomed but mandatory for the health of the game.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2017-01-28 at 02:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with WoW is not that alts are too fast.

It's that mains are too fast.

Alt's should get catchup and some welfare, mains not.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    well nobody caresi f you have 35 traits anylonger, i have had 54 for like a month now.

in my opinion people who aren't 54 yet, are just underperforming by default.

I expect people to have 54 traits, if not they are just doing less than what I expect of them. simple as that.
    Or maybe they aren't no lifers and have exams.

I just wish the 100-110 was faster.

It's fine for your first few toons, but I have 22... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Well... @ the OP, then, I don't think that's unfair or "too easy" at all. For you guys that have played 4-6 hours per day since Legion launched, yeah, you're gonna have an advantage. For people like me who have to unsub for final exams or other RL issues and come back later, it's not like they're giving away AK on the street corner. And as was stated in the second or third post in this thread, even 20AK is a small fraction of the maximum artifact power.
    You didnt have to unsub. It takes just a few hours a month to get the gold for a token. It takes maybe an hour a day to do the emissary cache and get enough orderhall resource to put in a work order for AK. Really if you had just done the bare minimum you wouldn't be behind. Im not saying school isn't important. But shit, an hour of relaxation is gonna much more for your grades than stressing to the point you fail out.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    People complained Legion being the most unfriendly expansion for alts at the start, that's why they put in the AK20 for alts.
    Lazy people complained. I've been able to keep multiple characters ready to Raid since legion launched.