It's baffling to see people already complaining the raid is overtuned simply because Star Augur lasted two days. The last bosses may be unkillable this week for regular mythic guilds, but so what? There is nothing wrong with bosses requiring the grinding of prior bosses for a few lockouts before people have enough gear to move past them.

Do people not realize we only have actual progression on WoW once every few months? Why is it a problem for it to last longer than a week?

Let me give you some perspective. The Burning Crusade launched on 16 January 2007. Tempest Keep as a raid (after attunements) was available at launch. Nihilum got the world first kill of Kael'thas on 25 May 2007, after over four months. The next tier, Black Temple, was released on 22 May 2007. That's right, Kael'thas wasn't killed until after the start of the next tier.

That may be overkill, but it shows the world won't end if the hardest difficulty mode of a raid lasts a few weeks. It definitely shows a boss that lasts two days isn't overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Watch this space.
    Blizzard has invested way too much money into creating the "eSports scene" to not have WoW included.
    In the next year of two, WoW will be angled as an eSport - maybe it's not going to be about WF raids, but there will be eSports mode other than PvP. I guarantee that.

And it's inevitable that all these investments need to be turned into dollars at some point - which means WoW eSports need to get rid of assholes and build respect.
    Unless they turn it into wrestling variant of eSports, actors and "personalities" instead of athletes - that would be so hilarious.
    They'd have to do things like make PvE progression streamed with voice comms and everything to even have a chance at gaining any kind of popularity necessary to justify any of the things that you'd expect from a sport.

The problem is that progression lasts a long time, and this stuff would be used by them to see what other people are doing, and that would change a lot (as well as make really good strategic decisions less of an advantage since everyone would quickly catch on).

I don't think it's going to happen, and I don't think WoW is situated to make it happen. Blizzard would need to actually make raiding truly competitive instead of just "pulls + prep = win > skill" in large part, and that's not going to happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by Djem View Post
    It's baffling to see people already complaining the raid is overtuned simply because Star Augur lasted two days. The last bosses may be unkillable this week for regular mythic guilds, but so what? There is nothing wrong with bosses requiring the grinding of prior bosses for a few lockouts before people have enough gear to move past them.
    Congratulations for not playing Legion or reading at all.

I found this for you: https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    They were not prepared.
    But now they are (read: they got mountains of cash, they'll force it)
    I mean they're already trying to force it on other games and failing gloriously. HOTS will never have the success of Dota or LoL simply because it's a dumbed down version. Hearthstone being a card game is rng by default and what they do is introduce more rng constantly. I'm not an Overwatch player so I don't know what's going on there but again, CS is too big now for overwatch to even touch it.

Making a successful esport doesn't require just money, it requires developing in a specific way that blizzard isn't capable of doing. They had even bigger mountains of cash during WoW's peak years and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    I am 100% sure that if Kuznam / Officers were not pleased by his skill he would be booted. Which is not the case here, since he's still there after 2 raids.
    I was not making a statement about Slootbag's skill one way or the other; just trying to clarify what @Jdance was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    I am 100% sure that if Kuznam / Officers were not pleased by his skill he would be booted. Which is not the case here, since he's still there after 2 raids.
    They wrote not to long ago that they were looking for a tank on their wowprogress page.. could be for whatever reason though.
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    They wrote not to long ago that they were looking for a tank on their wowprogress page.. could be for whatever reason though.
    They've been looking for a tank ever since the method split to pair up with sloot (regardless of sloot's performance). They went through multiple trials that failed during HFC and ended up using pottm (I'm p sure they prefer him on rdps due to char versatility etc).

That being said, sloot staying with them for 2 raids doesn't prove much yet, as like I said they hadn't had a 2nd "stable" tank to begin with. Also, this is the first "real" test for sloot (and all of serenity for that matter), EN and ToV were much smaller raids. I would say that if they decide to stick with sloot for ToS, then yes, that would prove he is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Right before the start of EN, their other tank Naowh(?) dropped a bomb on them by saying he had a new job and was quitting. They had one of their dps guys switch to tank for quite awhile before Dottm stepped up. THAT was probably the reason for the recruitment post.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I was not making a statement about Slootbag's skill one way or the other; just trying to clarify what @Jdance was talking about.
    I quoted the wrong person sry.

Deleted
    I hope Exorsus wins just so everyone, including Serenity and Method will look at each other for a while not really knowing what went on.

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Right before the start of EN, their other tank Naowh(?) dropped a bomb on them by saying he had a new job and was quitting. They had one of their dps guys switch to tank for quite awhile before Dottm stepped up. THAT was probably the reason for the recruitment post.
    Ah ok cool
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Yep, it's pretty hard to have a job and nolife at the same time. Good for him for getting a job.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/825176923680677888
    Top World of Warcraft guild boots raider over sabotage scandal http://bit.ly/2kCntpR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    I mean they're already trying to force it on other games and failing gloriously. HOTS will never have the success of Dota or LoL simply because it's a dumbed down version. Hearthstone being a card game is rng by default and what they do is introduce more rng constantly. I'm not an Overwatch player so I don't know what's going on there but again, CS is too big now for overwatch to even touch it.

Making a successful esport doesn't require just money, it requires developing in a specific way that blizzard isn't capable of doing. They had even bigger mountains of cash during WoW's peak years and failed.
    Agreed. But that won't stop them from trying :-) It'll be glorious (fail)

Right can Serenity get a huge lead and get Grand Magistrix Elisande killed today!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Yep, it's pretty hard to have a job and nolife at the same time. Good for him for getting a job.
    its kinda funny how you can call slootbag a nolifer when he got a Girlfriend & traveled quite alot in the past couple Years

i realy wonder what your definition of nolife is. please share your amazing view on this

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/Daddyfrag/status/825305859731369985

Oh shit boys, ready up your pop corn

Ok so i assume he has been "unbanned" now or the ban timed off and he is still in the raid id? If so wtf blizzard haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    Ok so i assume he has been "unbanned" now or the ban timed off and he is still in the raid id? If so wtf blizzard haha
    I did a /who and he's actually not inside NH atm, just in suramar so we can hold on to our pitchforks.

Also serenity is using 3 healers, rei, mandrai and kuznam on pala

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    I knew it! Cuff em boys.
    fak exposed
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    Exorsus 8/10