Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Artifact Power for Gold was a bad idea!

So now when you are able to sell your Artifact Power for gold I thought its time to discuss how terrible of a decision this is.
    The reason I do not like this decision at all is quite obvious. Who needs gold this time around?
    For example someone like me that has 54 in both talents on my Demon Hunter and have gold that I can survive for entire expansion.

What I would like them to add instead for people that have been doing this grinding to get their 54 traits is that you will be able to sell theese Artifact power for tokens that you can use towards getting thoose shiny legendaries. Because if you think about it, you might have 54 traits in every single talent, but you still sit on 3-4 legendaries. You feel its unfair that you have been doing this grinding for a long time now and not got that specific legendary you are looking for.

I am not saying that theese tokens should be cheap obviously to get and I think they should only be obtainable once you have got all talents to 54. It should still be a grind to get theese tokens to buy your legendary. But just think about it, you have been playing maybe like 50 hours total on level 110 and you are sitting on thoose extremly terrible legendarys and still have to relay on that stupid RNG for your legendary to drop!

Would like to hear what other people thinks about this!

Artifact Power for Gold was a bad idea!
    said no one ever

upd. ok 35% it's a troll post or something
    upd2.
    100% troll post

Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-01-28 at 02:10 PM.

I'm waiting to see what the devs idea is towards legendaries. If you could transfer AP to alts that would be good.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-01-28 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Who gives a shit about 5g ?

Seriously, blizzard are so out of touch with the game, in so many areas, it makes me wonder just how much development is outsourced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Who gives a shit about 5g ?

Seriously, blizzard are so out of touch with the game, in so many areas, it makes me wonder just how much development is outsourced.
    This is exactly what I meen, nobody cares about 5 Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhrly View Post
    This is exactly what I meen, nobody cares about 5 Gold
    Probably because no one is selling their artifact power. Use it for an OS or bank it for the next set of talents they are adding in. No real reason to sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the point is so that you don't have to type delete every time you want to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Probably because no one is selling their artifact power. Use it for an OS or bank it for the next set of talents they are adding in. No real reason to sell it.
    No point in banking it. All AP tokens collected before 7.2 can't be used once you upgrade your artifact to unlock the new traits they are adding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Here is the thing though, Im currently sitting on 54 in all talents possible. So I am kind of forced to sell theese for 5 gold wich is why I think they should have added a token vendor instead of 5 gold. So you actually can get something out of this until 7.2 gets released. As there is no point in banking AP at all.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I'm pretty sure the point is so that you don't have to type delete every time you want to get rid of it.
    This. It's a quality of life fix for when you've capped out your legendaries, not a system designed to reward you for being ahead of the curve.

The amount of poeple with one artifact maxed to 54, let alone 2, are a small minority compared to the total playerbase. Blizzard changed the tokens to sell for gold purely so they had some marginal use after you feel you have used all the ap you can/want for your artifacts.

Also the ability to pick a specific lengendary is vastly unbalanced compared to all the rest who would still be relying on rng. And druids would have to farm 2 times the ap to benefit compared to a demon hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamora View Post
    This. It's a quality of life fix for when you've capped out your legendaries, not a system designed to reward you for being ahead of the curve.
    Its also a sympton of shockingly short sighted game dedign.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the majority of players selling their AP tokens, or even being capped out on one artifact.
    So it isn't short sighted.

Its no different than quests giving you gold instead of experience once you've hit max level. They could instead just not give you anymore AP tokens once you've maxed.

So now when you are able to sell your Artifact Power for gold I thought its time to discuss how terrible of a decision this is.
    The reason I do not like this decision at all is quite obvious. Who needs gold this time around?
    For example someone like me that has 54 in both talents on my Demon Hunter and have gold that I can survive for entire expansion.

What I would like them to add instead for people that have been doing this grinding to get their 54 traits is that you will be able to sell theese Artifact power for tokens that you can use towards getting thoose shiny legendaries. Because if you think about it, you might have 54 traits in every single talent, but you still sit on 3-4 legendaries. You feel its unfair that you have been doing this grinding for a long time now and not got that specific legendary you are looking for.

I am not saying that theese tokens should be cheap obviously to get and I think they should only be obtainable once you have got all talents to 54. It should still be a grind to get theese tokens to buy your legendary. But just think about it, you have been playing maybe like 50 hours total on level 110 and you are sitting on thoose extremly terrible legendarys and still have to relay on that stupid RNG for your legendary to drop!

it was a good idea if you could sell it to a player. bad idea that it is only a pittance of a vendor amount.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    said no one ever

upd. ok 35% it's a troll post or something
    upd2.

100% troll post

Infracted
    might not want to call people out on troll posts. The moderators support trolls on this forum, so you'll probably get infracted for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I'm waiting to see what the devs idea is towards legendaries. If you could transfer AP to alts that would be good.
    I would support that. It would make legion more alt friendly.
    Considering how Legion is with RNG and legendary stuff, I think that this is needed. Farm AP on main (more activity means greater chance for legendary) and then mail the AP to alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, They can't account for extreme no lifers who filled 3 artifact's to 54 already.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that's coming in 7.2. But for now you're the exception to the MMO. Blizzard isn't going to cater to those who rush through the content this fast.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

The sell price isn't a reward. It's a work around so that there is something to do with tokens instead of delete them. It's not meant to be an attractive use. The fact that there is this kind of whining post that they are not good enough is evidence Blizzard hit the mark.

Here's an easier solution: delete AP altogether. It wasn't a good idea, it still isn't a good idea. This artifact is just useless until you click on little thingies, and has incredibly weak power unless you put some gems in it? Sounds like a Facebook game level of design.

Way to make every single item of lore completely garbage.