Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Top ranks destrolocks using BD with 4-bonus

It was suppossed that once you have 4 tier bonus RB should outperform BD by a large margin. But if check some logs the top parse/ranks destrologs are still using BD even having 4 tier bonus, is it due to having less margin of error? I've only got the 2T bonus and im running BD in most of the cases due it's easier to play and imo you have more freedom (i just use destro for 3-4 bosses).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look what a wonderful surprise, right?

The thing I was talking about from the beginning happened again.

- - - Updated - - -

In before RB flaggelants rushing in to defend their unicorns.

Deleted
    RB in theory is better. In practice BD is.

And then there's the fact that when you want for example priority add burst BD is way better, cause you can get it in more chaos bolts faster.

meh i dont realy care since im not raiding in a top guild and we (as a guild )dont care about running mythic. i just want to have fun with friends and kill shit on heroic. BD or RB at the end of the day it dosent really matters if the boss is dead and its not the few hundreds or a few thousand on the dps chart that will make a big difference imo

Deleted
    Well. I've got the 4p and the shoulders / belt legendaries.

With ELT and CDF, the RB cycle is fucking cancer. I'm not used to it yet, so it's better for me to use BD for now. i don't know if i will be able to play it someday. it's a fucking mess... When you see an affliction warlock putting better numbers than you with less effort it's kinda sad.

The Destruction rotation is so aids nowadays I don't even bother, not counting RB. ELT is aids, BD is also aids especially with 4set since you cap on 4 charges.

Deleted
    destro rotation is aids. Adding even more aids to it doesn't seem like a good thing to do.

Deleted
    flexibility is more important than tunneling and maintaining a perfect RB.

I don't even know what all these fucking abbreviations mean.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dendaros View Post
    meh i dont realy care since im not raiding in a top guild and we (as a guild )dont care about running mythic. i just want to have fun with friends and kill shit on heroic. BD or RB at the end of the day it dosent really matters if the boss is dead and its not the few hundreds or a few thousand on the dps chart that will make a big difference imo
    Thanks for your contribution. Only here, we're trying to find the optimal way to play our class and spec. Optimal means highest possible dps in a certain raiding scenario (Nighthold in our case). Many ppl here really care about giving more to their raid guild, being hardcore or not, so thanks for your super casual contribution (which is fine by itself, but not helpful in our discussion) and bb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Noone's gonna come. Some people said they like RB, but i saw noone defending it it as the pinnacle of dps and skill combined. Given the mess our priority is currently, i doubt anyone will find the optimal way to introduce RB in it. Maybe after 3-4 months people start experimenting and we might see a huge parse or two with RB.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    I don't even know what all these fucking abbreviations mean.
    Then please do an effort and open your talent pane and try to figure them out.

With the changes they made to the belt and CB BD is now something like 1-2% behind RB instead of 4%, which makes BD just better since RB is extremely impractical.

Its similar to what happened at the start of the xpac, where RB was simming 3% ahead of BD and everyone still used BD.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Let me tell you a story.

With all the hate for destro, (my myself included) I switched to affliction. Even with two stat stick legendaries I really found it so much more rewarding.

Fast forward a couple weeks to iLevel 900 , 4 pieces, Feretory, and bubble neck. I switched to destro for Heroic Botanist and had a "Holy fuck" moment. Not only was I having fun but I was destroying every in the raid on the charts. (Except final push spriest)

Then Elidande. I kept destro and again, top charts AND super fun. I got Guldan down last night for the first time and hit 1.1 Million phase 1. 700k phase 2 and 600k phase 3 with shit rotation and a death.

Long story short the 2 and 4 piece with belt made the class a fucking blast. Without these bonus the class is clunky as fuck and obnoxious.

Now I am running affliction AND destro and couldn't be happier.

It's like affliction between contagion and absolute corruption.

Try playing soul effigy, malefic grasp, and contagion. Now try that with AC instead of contagion.

Infinitely more manageable. Even more so with soul conduit, and the difference is so small that the practical talents win out.

It's reassuring to know even the best Warlocks in the world just have to go with a talent that sims slightly worse but is insanely more forgiving. I don't know how I'm going to manage my shards even without RB as I gear up and maybe get 4pc and/or Feretory
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

How could you not think this was gonna happen..... seriously, our tier bonus almost spells it out. Quite literally one of the reasons I stopped playing destruction as a main spec. No shadowburn sniping takes out a lot of skill on top of that.

Haven't proved it, but with more ilvl (and with the destro ring), if you go RB i think one RoF could enter into the rotarion for the last 8s of the inmolate, this way it would be easier to get all those shards spent before next RB cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomognomo View Post
    Haven't proved it, but with more ilvl (and with the destro ring), if you go RB i think one RoF could enter into the rotarion for the last 8s of the inmolate, this way it would be easier to get all those shards spent before next RB cycle.
    I know the point of this idea is to bleed shards for the RB cycle, but I wonder if having Feretory might make this more palatable ... still instantly burning 2 shards if you get the proc
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you acting like this is / was some grand revelation?

Wasn't this discovered more or less on launch when there were plenty of people saying ELT (or whatever the name was before it was redesigned) + RB was technically superior, yet literally no one played it and none of the locks that did try it could achieve any noticable gains?

Yes, tier looks great with RB but it was still marginal gains after all the other tweaks and nerfs, it's not surprise that the exact same shit we've already seen months ago happens - the more flexible and ergonomic option wins out over a theoretical minor gain that makes playing more obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    How could you not think this was gonna happen..... seriously, our tier bonus almost spells it out. Quite literally one of the reasons I stopped playing destruction as a main spec. No shadowburn sniping takes out a lot of skill on top of that.
    What?
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2017-01-29 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Why are you acting like this is / was some grand revelation?
    Because people act like RB is just infinitely superior and have been peddling that since 7.1.5 was on the ptr. You should see some of the shit people say in the discord.

I mean, people perpetuating that is literally the reason you see the OP making this post. Also the gap widened between the two was why people were freaking out about it in the first place, but between the feretory change and the CB buff it brought it much closer.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Too bad tier 2 pc bonus screws eradication uptime. ELT, unfortunately, is here to stay. I'm still not convinced Cata is close to ELT in real situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomognomo View Post
    I wouldn't drop Feretory or Prydaz for the shitty Alythess. It's only purpose in game is a stat ring. There's no way you can make RoF(l) work as a buff to RB, consistently and without forsaking tier 2pc.