Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Suddenly no one's doing mythic+?

I've been trying to run some m+ at varying levels(5-11) and I sit around for 15+ minutes without a single dps applying. Getting groups for the desired dungeons used to be easy now I can't put together any sort of group for a cos 11. What the heck happened?

Everyone rather do nighthold ?

simple no1 wants to do m+ with new raid out

Deleted
    that is blizzards fault.

People who run a lot of mythics+ don't need AP anymore. They have atleast one, if not multiple weapons, at 54 and since the loot is inferior to tier set nighthold and the odds of getting something ultra titanforged is incredibly low, people don't have the motivation anymore.

There are still a lot of m+ groups, but I see it at my mates. They can't be really arsed anymore.

Blizzard would need to increase the loot by about 10 ilvl throughout the board and introduce some new trinkets or rings with equip effects or something.

The chances of getting really good loot from m+ is laughable. Doing NH, even on normal and heroic, is much more rewarding, especially with the tier sets and trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    The chances of getting really good loot from m+ is laughable. Doing NH, even on normal and heroic, is much more rewarding, especially with the tier sets and trinkets.
    Not really, you can get really good gear from weekly chest after m+ buff (up to ilvl 900). Normal gear from NH is not that good if you are already around 890ilvl and sometimes its not even worth to change the gear for 2 pc normal set.

A lot of people are pugging NH instead i would expect, there are a lot of NH groups in the group finder. People have stopped pugging because they are hitting 54 traits also, so not as much need to do them.

I myself would much rather spend my time raiding, m+ dungeons are fun with friends but over the past month have become increasingly unpleasant with pugs.
    Demo is fine... play better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Not really, you can get really good gear from weekly chest after m+ buff (up to ilvl 900). Normal gear from NH is not that good if you are already around 890ilvl and sometimes its not even worth to change the gear for 2 pc normal set.
    I am not talking about the weekly chest. Do the math. Be smart. Use logic. One 900 ilvl a week doesn't give you as much as it think it does. Factor in :

- It might be on a slot where already you have a legendary
    - It might be a crap item with the wrong stats
    - It might be a trinket that is worse than ilvl 840 trinkets
    - It might be a relic with a crappy trait
    - It might be the same slot you got an ilvl 900 from last weeks chest.
    - It might be a slot where you have tier set (if you raid)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    A lot of people are pugging NH instead i would expect, there are a lot of NH groups in the group finder. People have stopped pugging because they are hitting 54 traits also, so not as much need to do them.

I myself would much rather spend my time raiding, m+ dungeons are fun with friends but over the past month have become increasingly unpleasant with pugs.
    yeah a friend of mine doing nothing but NH pugs. She cleared normal and heroic (not guldan) completely. In pugs ! With ilvl 890 tier sets and 900+ trinkets etc. etc.
    m+ is completely shit right now if you are not super lucky

that is blizzards fault.

People who run a lot of mythics+ don't need AP anymore. They have atleast one, if not multiple weapons, at 54 and since the loot is inferior to tier set nighthold and the odds of getting something ultra titanforged is incredibly low, people don't have the motivation anymore.

There are still a lot of m+ groups, but I see it at my mates. They can't be really arsed anymore.

Blizzard would need to increase the loot by about 10 ilvl throughout the board and introduce some new trinkets or rings with equip effects or something.

I've had such terrible luck with raid drops that the weekly chest continues to be my only source for upgrades.
    That said, I agree that the decline in M+ runs was predictable with so many players AP-capped. I'm running maybe a fifth of what I used to, and fewer guild mates are asking me to tank them. All I really care about is that one +15 for the week.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not talking about the weekly chest. Do the math. Be smart. Use logic. One 900 ilvl a week doesn't give you as much as it think it does. Factor in :

- It might be on a slot where already you have a legendary
    - It might be a crap item with the wrong stats
    - It might be a trinket that is worse than ilvl 840 trinkets
    - It might be a relic with a crappy trait
    - It might be the same slot you got an ilvl 900 from last weeks chest.
    - It might be a slot where you have tier set (if you raid)
    Yep, your math adds up; it's my rng that's wonky. Even after coining, I've yet to claim an upgrade-drop from NH. Did hours of mythic trash, too, before they nerfed it. Resorted to the AH for my BoEs. RNG is RNG. My luck will turn eventually.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I had no trouble last night finding dps for HoV 11 and HoV 13. Carry groups arent hard to form either.

I haven't given a shit about M+ for weeks. Just run some rando one in guild for the 15 dust and call it a week. Plus I never got anything other than worthless garbage for months so pushing a +15 so I can vendor a 900 instead of an 880 is laughable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I've had such terrible luck with raid drops that the weekly chest continues to be my only source for upgrades.
    That said, I agree that the decline in M+ runs was predictable with so many players AP-capped. I'm running maybe a fifth of what I used to, and fewer guild mates are asking me to tank them. All I really care about is that one +15 for the week.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, your math adds up; it's my rng that's wonky. Even after coining, I've yet to claim an upgrade-drop from NH. Did hours of mythic trash, too, before they nerfed it. Resorted to the AH for my BoEs. RNG is RNG. My luck will turn eventually.
    yeah its roughly the same for me. Some people in my guild have 4 piece T19 heroic 890+ and erratic metronome 910 with socket. Others still have yet to see a single set piece.
    LEGION is RNG

Maybe there's less people boosting due to them having 54 traits already?

/shrug

There is no point farming Mythic+ dungeons bellow 10 once you have like 880+ gear. Most of the people who was doing boosts are already at 54th trait so thats another reason. As Conflux said, Blizzard should up the base ilvl from 7+.

yeah its roughly the same for me. Some people in my guild have 4 piece T19 heroic 890+ and erratic metronome 910 with socket. Others still have yet to see a single set piece.
    LEGION is RNG
    This is the same as every other expansion. Stop the idiotic insinuation that its a new development

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had issues doing M+ today at all (Outside of ~9am-noon). Maybe try checking when the realms in general aren't dead?

7+ Year Old Account
    LEGION is RNG
    What you are saying about RNG is the same every expansion since the introduction of the bonus roll token. Has nothing to do with legion design.

On Topic, people who already have their weapons at 54 AP usually only go for a mythic 15 run to get the cache at the end of the week or are still hunting down legendaries.

At a push I will do 3 per week 3-9, sometimes might do a 10 or 11, but usually "forced" by guildies, rarely will I want to voluntarily do one. I simply can not be arsed. Been like this for a good couple of months now. My gear is fine like 886 for a heroic raider is fine for the content we're doing now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    At a push I will do 3 per week 3-9, sometimes might do a 10 or 11, but usually "forced" by guildies, rarely will I want to voluntarily do one. I simply can not be arsed. Been like this for a good couple of months now. My gear is fine like 886 for a heroic raider is fine for the content we're doing now.
    Seconding this, and pretty much only thing i do for m+ is to do few high keys and be done with it for the rest of the week since there is no need for ap atm (which is great!) and other than that just pretty much progressing my outdoor stuff that has been left off and doing the raids every few days.

Mostly because people are doing nh the m+ gf is rather slow atm. Eventually people will get to their alts and start doing m+'s again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teeming/skittish/fortified weeks always drop off a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Maybe there's less people boosting due to them having 54 traits already?

/shrug
    Yeah. And Nighthold being out. And with 7.2 adding more AK ranks it better to wait with alts.
    Perhaps people also need to tone down a bit now after farming those for months now?