Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I agree that Destro doesn't feel good. But Destro does have good priority add damage. Which is very valuable in Nighthold. Destro might not look great on damage meters, but when it comes to nuke adds down fast Destro is great. For example eyes at gul dan. You havoc them, conflag chaos bolt chaos bolt and do like 3-4 million damage in a couple of seconds. As affliction I am happy if I can manage a third of that damage in the same time.
    I acutally disagree, focusdmg feels much worse compared to mop/wod, but maybe its just melees being too good right now.
    But I guess thats gonna change with mythic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    I acutally disagree, focusdmg feels much worse compared to mop/wod, but maybe its just melees being too good right now.
    I hadn't been that impressed by it, getting the 2 set has really helped though.
    I thought really lowly of the 2set since cast time on CB is usually less of an issue than output / quantity, but with WH being unusable so often, being able to spew chaosbolts out really fast within that now limited Havoc window feels incredibly nice.

Been getting screwed on NH loot and have only really got 2 set and nothing else, but it feels like it's made a massive improvement to performance. Can't wait to get the 4 set and / or a decent legendary. Makes me both incredibly sad the magistrike bracers were gutted so much, but also almost understand why - if they still worked properly alongside 2 set you'd be able to do some pretty stupid burst-cleave if you could get enough embers rolling in.

Deleted
    Honestly, Destruction is still the way to go. After the buffs it's ST dmg is not much worse than Demo and Affli's, its burst aoe is superior to both and its cleave and priority target damage is unmatched.

So nope, no more buffs needed. Assuming you got the right legendaries, I can't help but feel the shoulders make a big difference. (Yes I have them.)
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-01-27 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Honestly, Destruction is still the way to go. After the buffs it's ST dmg is not much worse than Demo and Affli's, its burst aoe is superior to both and its cleave and priority target damage is unmatched.

So nope, no more buffs needed. Assuming you got the right legendaries, I can't help but feel the shoulders make a big difference. (Yes I have them.)
    You have any proof for your claims?

Remember MoP when destro was fun. Good times.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    You have any proof for your claims?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&class=Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    hmm interesting. I thought destro burst with tier set would be great, but I am playing affliction right now and affliction burst/priority damage is pretty bad so I can't really speak for destro

yeah melees are super strong. seems like the LEGION theme that will stick with us for the duration of this expansion pack.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm I don't get what you are trying to say/show us

Quote Originally Posted by Dopplegager View Post
    Remember MoP when Warlock was fun. Good times.

fixed it for you, miss mop warlock so bad
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    hmm I don't get what you are trying to say/show us
    I suspect its showing that all 3 specs are fairly well represented in the top 50 vs last week where in Heroic it was pretty much just demo and aff.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely no high parse player, but i find that Destro started to have too many damage sources and buttons to press, especially at opening. Double lifetap, potion, immo, Soul Harvest, portals, Service Imp, Service Greater Demon, CDF etc... Destro starts to remind me of Enhancement shamans in Cata/MoP where they had like 30-40 different damage sources in their logs. That being unfun, i seriously started thinking to go back to Soul Conduit and Eradication just to get rid of the two extra buttons. Or i should start piano/keyboard lessons, that might help a bit...

15+ Year Old Account
    I really did believe in Warlocks, but after leveling a DH I understood, that there is a reason warlocks are taken into raids on lower priority than almost everyone else.

Just re-roll another class. Considering range DPS there's not much to choose from, but SP, Moonkin or even Fire mage are all pretty solid choices. Don't torture yourself and wait for the class to get a proper class-designer who actually cares for it.

With this, signing out of the Warlock section till at least next xpac. Good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    That post was almost a week ago, at that time Affliction was parsing quite worse then it is now.
    Yeah I just noticed that >< my bad

Thanks anyways!
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Some one have A link to method 2 Destro locks??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    Some one have A link to method 2 Destro locks??
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...erzdots/simple

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...rdiisha/simple

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    Im sitting at 896 equipped with 4 piece, 34% haste, feretory and neclace/cloak. My damage is absurd in certain conditions. Nobody can touch Havoc CB spam. (with 4 piece bonus) However it is a very difficult and obnoxious spec to play. Im not good enough to maintain perfect ELT, Harvest, portals, havoc, triple conflags all while spamming CB inbetween. Its beyond my capability and patience to master.
    I felt myself in that same situation last week being 898 equipped with 4 piece, destro begins to feel like the same Demonology Blizzard didn't want us to play except it isn't nearly as fun and the mechanics don't seem to flow well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    I really did believe in Warlocks, but after leveling a DH I understood, that there is a reason warlocks are taken into raids on lower priority than almost everyone else.

Just re-roll another class. Considering range DPS there's not much to choose from, but SP, Moonkin or even Fire mage are all pretty solid choices. Don't torture yourself and wait for the class to get a proper class-designer who actually cares for it.

With this, signing out of the Warlock section till at least next xpac. Good luck to everyone.
    But right now Warlock is doing great in nighthold unless you are talking about gameplay which in that case I am agree with you in destro which feel right now even more complicate and boring than demonology or affliction with SE

Regardless of subjective opinions, let's check the latest data/parses from warcraftlogs on heroic nighthold raids. Out of the top 200 wl parses, how many are affliction, demonolgy, and destruction? Let's also see how the 5th best destruction warlock is competing with other dds.

Skorpyron:
    2017-01-20 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 195, demo: 4, destro: 1
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: , demo: , destro: 0

Chronomatic Anomaly:
    2017-01-20 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 107, demo: 80, destro: 13
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: , demo: , destro: 25 ++ the 5th best destro is overall at position: 1226

Trilliax:
    2017-01-20 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 137, demo: 57, destro: 6
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: , demo: , destro: 14 ++ the 5th best destro is overall at position: 2327 lol

Spellblade Aluriel:
    2017-01-20 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 104, demo: 95, destro: 1
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: , demo: , destro: 8

Krosus:
    2017-01-20 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 91, demo: 98, destro: 11
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: , demo: , destro: 15 ++ the 5th best destro is overall at position: 2289

Tichondrius:
    2017-01-20 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 140, demo: 35, destro: 5
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: , demo: , destro: 12

Atraeus:
    2017-01-20 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 159, demo: 41, destro: 0 (zero)
    Really? 0?
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: , demo: , destro: 2 ++ the 5th best destro is overall at position: 1204 (just wait for more parses)

Botanist:
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 51 , demo:66 , destro: 83 ++ the 5th best destro is overall at position: 552 (just wait till more shadows (90% of rankings) get to that boss)

Elisande:
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 10 , demo: 18 , destro: 172 ++ the 5th best destro is overall at position: 14

Gul'dan:
    2017-01-28 heroic out of top 200 available wl parses: affli: 59 , demo: 69 , destro: 72 ++ the 5th best destro is overall at position: 358

Keep in mind that there are still some awesome WL players who play destruction. Just imagine what would happen to the statics if those few players would not be counted.
    Last edited by HeroicMythic; 2017-01-28 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I suspect its showing that all 3 specs are fairly well represented in the top 50 vs last week where in Heroic it was pretty much just demo and aff.
    Many of the top locks are affliction/demonology in the few mythic fights with logs available, only the scorpion had a destro warlock doing a bit better than some others warlocks.

I'll see only affliction on top
    So?
    I

It's so funny seeing that destro is the best performance-wise in pvp at the moment, while affliction is dead last.

I wonder if it's intentionally made that way so that pvp/pvers have to feel the annoyance and suffering of having to swap specs and put some more artifact power into that spec.

Blizzard loves warlock tears, confirmed.