Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    they need a all round nerf in pve and pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Using Skorpyron dps as some sort of reason to justify DH's not being overtuned is silly, FWIW DH's are the top melee spec at that and 3rd highest overall with DH's at over 4mil dps too.
    Look to my last post, you can clearly see 4 other melee ahead of Demon Hunter. Frost DK, Ret Pally, Windwalker Monk, and Fury Warrior. Please stop spouting random shit that the facts prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Lmao, Just hilarious.

Firstly DH's a strong in CD's and a wet noodle without, As soon as the opener ends they trickle back down until CD's are back up. That's a weakness.

Funny how you also mention Krosus, The 1/10 fight in the raid where DH's dominate. Great example bruh.

Are you also one of the people who complains about DH's aoe? Shouldn't you be doing that now?

"Let me just ignore this fight because it doesn't fit my rhetoric"

What about the other 8 where DH's are average on?
    How does it not fit my rhetoric? Demon Hunters are one of the top performers on Skorpyron too, 3rd highest spec. It shouldn't be counted in statistics because people are ignoring mechanics entirely and cheesing the fight in an unintended way, causing Warcraft logs themselves to remove it from the all-star ranking system. Honestly you DH's need to grow a pair and stop looking selectively at the parses when people are discussing numbers.

What you're gonna tell me next that Protection Warrior needs a nerf because people are doing 3million dps on Skorpyron by cheesing the adds? As if that's relevant for anything. It's an outlier situation that has no relevance or application in the rest of the game, and if Blizzard were to hotfix the fight to kill the tactic it would have no relevance on Skorpyron either.

As for the rest of your post if you think DH is wet noodle without cooldowns you're just shit. I play and have played with 2 DH's in dungeons and raiding since the start of Legion, and they absolutely destroy 100% of the time. There is no "I dont have cooldowns so my dps will suck for this pull" that you have with many other classes, they wreck face all the time. I'm not accounting for you being crap in my discussion.

Problem is with discussions like this is that you on the defensive take the subject way more personally and way more seriously, I'm just passing comment casually and you're here ready to stab people in the face with the knife like they took a dump on your breakfast, so I'm going to leave it here, feel free to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Look to my last post, you can clearly see 4 other melee ahead of Demon Hunter. Frost DK, Ret Pally, Windwalker Monk, and Fury Warrior. Please stop spouting random shit that the facts prove otherwise.
    Oh yeah totally

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=4&dataset=100
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-01-28 at 08:22 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

LOL You linked only Skorpyron. Look at real statistics, which is overall kid. A couple fights don't make a statistic.

(look at this one, bottom 5 WOW SO OVERPOWERED!) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=4&dataset=100

If you only look at a single fight you could say the same about any class, any spec being too strong. I just linked you 5 different fights where Demon Hunter isn't the top melee, in fact they're under middle of the pack in most of what I just linked you.

Deleted
    Yes, they do need a nerf. Or better, buff the other classes. As long as I'm competing with our Guildi DH and pulling 90+ Logs while he is pulling 50ish Logs with almost the same DPS something is definitely wrong. Give them a niche as every class (SHOULD!) have right now. Enhancements for Example has good to very good ST / Cleave DMG but lacks AoE. Why is a DH allowed to have decent AoE and also Dueling me in ST?

ITT: "DH in my guild does highest dps, must be broken cause I should do highest dps" DH are good but not op, some classes need buffs, no one is really pushing 7.1 shadow nerf territory

As for the rest of your post if you think DH is wet noodle without cooldowns you're just shit. I play and have played with 2 DH's in dungeons and raiding since the start of Legion, and they absolutely destroy 100% of the time. There is no "I dont have cooldowns so my dps will suck for this pull" that you have with many other classes, they wreck face all the time. I'm not accounting for you being crap in my discussion.

Wow such big dips without CDs, Going from 3.8mil on the pull then dipping to under 300k

You don't understand DH's one bit if you think they're not wet noodles outside of CD's.

It completely invalidates anything you have to say.
    Last edited by Lolsteak; 2017-01-28 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    Not sure which logs you refer to but shadow is pretty bad atm. Nerfs after 7.1.5 were too much.
    then L2P maybe our shadow priests again are like finger ahead from every one if there are adds even more

As a Demon Hunter main, I disagree with this statement. But we're not amazing and we don't warrant nerfs. As I already linked in the last page, statistics show better than anything else:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...0&difficulty=4
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=99
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=95
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=90

Its not until 80th percentile that we push into a top 5 spot. The only thing that says about Demon Hunter is that Havoc is easy to play and to do good numbers with, but even a top tier player won't beat certain specs. These threads seriously need to go away when people have no idea what they're talking about.
    Thank you ! So many clueless people here :/ they probably perform in the 60th percentile and then wonder how they get beaten , must be that other specs are overpowered ..

- - - Updated - - -

Thank god people like OP are not in charge of balancing is all I can say

- - - Updated - - -

Just to put my 2 cents , DH are in a strong place atm. We do strong DPS on single targets and on AoE. And yes our DPS drops down outside of CDs , but in no way it becomes a wet noodle. You should deffinetly be upholding a strong DPS though out the whole fight .

Is the DPS OP? Don't make me laugh . Fury warriors, spriest, mages (not sure which spec is dominant ATM ) , enh shammies , ret pallies and outlaw/assassination rogues (depending on the encounter ) are all more than capable of keeping up or overtaking DHs depending on RNG procs and other shit. And this just of the top of my head , from our progression group. Overall all of us stay within reasonable ground of each other .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

LOL You linked only Skorpyron. Look at real statistics, which is overall kid. A couple fights don't make a statistic.

(look at this one, bottom 5 WOW SO OVERPOWERED!) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=4&dataset=100

If you only look at a single fight you could say the same about any class, any spec being too strong. I just linked you 5 different fights where Demon Hunter isn't the top melee, in fact they're under middle of the pack in most of what I just linked you.
    I linked only Skorpyron because I was bloody talking about Skopyron in the post you were directly quoting. Don't quote a post about a specific subject unless you mean to discuss that specific subject, and if you do mean to discuss something else then you need to be clear about that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

Wow such big dips without CDs, Going from 3.8mil on the pull then dipping to under 300k

You don't understand DH's one bit if you think they're not wet noodles outside of CD's.

It completely invalidates anything you have to say.
    And in todays news at 10! DPS classes do more dps during Bloodlust with full cooldowns!

I linked only Skorpyron because I was bloody talking about Skopyron in the post you were directly quoting. Don't quote a post about a specific subject unless you mean to discuss that specific subject, and if you do mean to discuss something else then you need to be clear about that point.
    You're the one who needs to not quote or post in a thread that's discussing an overall situation. Judging a spec off one or two fights is absolutely absurd. All I can say is thank fucking god morons like you aren't in charge of class balance.

You're the one who needs to not quote or post in a thread that's discussing an overall situation. Judging a spec off one or two fights is absolutely absurd. All I can say is thank fucking god morons like you aren't in charge of class balance.
    You specifically quoted part of my post talking about Skorpyron, stop being such a baby.

You specifically quoted part of my post talking about Skorpyron, stop being such a baby.
    You're the kid posting in a thread about the overall place of Demon Hunter picking out a SINGLE FIGHT that we happen to be good on. One of 3 in the instance, then you cry when people provide proof to counter your argument that Demon Hunter isn't all powerful and that we don't justify needing a nerf. You're posts are so ignorant to what the whole tread is about. It's insane how asinine you are.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    they need a all round nerf in pve and pvp
    fortunately blizz looks at actual performance and doesn't just go by the word of some rando who died in pvp this one time...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Thankfully the dev dont base their nerfing on the feeling of players but based on actual facts.

may be hard numbers will do better:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11

Demon hunters are nowhere the top.
    5th out of 24 is "nowhere near the top"? lmao

Yes they need a nerf. One killed me in PvP.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

You're the kid posting in a thread about the overall place of Demon Hunter picking out a SINGLE FIGHT that we happen to be good on. One of 3 in the instance, then you cry when people provide proof to counter your argument that Demon Hunter isn't all powerful and that we don't justify needing a nerf. You're posts are so ignorant to what the whole tread is about. It's insane how asinine you are.
    I'm not a kid, I'm probably older than you. And no I'm not picking out a single fight, you didn't read the conversations and posts leading to this point.. The funniest thing here is that originally Skorpyron was used as a defense for Demon Hunters and through the amazing lack of reading comprehension it's now being used against me in an opposite fashion.

It just shows the level of deep seated insecurity some of you guys have over people discussing your spec in this light, it's emotionally difficult for you to take in and you respond with irrational and emotional posts rather than reading and taking in what is said and replying in context, with a level head. Like I said feel free to vent but I'm not discussing this with you any more because you don't read it anyway.

Glass heart babies, the lot of you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Demon hunters are part of the top classes, which means that they have the potential to excel.

Class performance depends a lot on the type of boss and the raid you have. Can the demon hunters top meters? Yes they can, but just like warriors, shadow priests and other classes. The demon hunter gains a big boost if they have the right legendaries, which should be the target of the nerfs, not the class itself.
    Nighthold is quite melee friendly, so their increase in performance is noticed because other classes perform worse due to dealing with mechanics.
    PvE wise, demon hunters are in a good spot, they don't need any more nerfs, but rather weaker specs should get buffs.

In PvP the demon hunter excels versus low communication adversaries. If you can unload your burst (which is its strong point) unhindered then you will blow someone up (like many other classes in the past). Random bg's are a good place to show its advantages because almost everyone there are either bad or they just play with no coordination. You can easily shut down a demon hunter with a strong stun lock or roots, especially in its meta phases (similar to ret pallies with their wings in previous expansions). It's mobility is high but easy shut down too, by slows or roots. Fel rush is a highly risky skill to use with slows if your target jukes you or if you simply miscalculated the distance (or simply you charged downhill/uphill).
    In competitive play, or high skill arenas / RBG it's imperative that the dh burst gets shut down (like ret paladins in the past) and good coordination can limit a lot of the demon hunter's perks.
    With a coordinated team they are strong in PvP (just like other classes).
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-01-29 at 01:20 AM.

I'm not a kid, I'm probably older than you. And no I'm not picking out a single fight, you didn't read the conversations and posts leading to this point.. The funniest thing here is that originally Skorpyron was used as a defense for Demon Hunters and through the amazing lack of reading comprehension it's now being used against me in an opposite fashion.

It just shows the level of deep seated insecurity some of you guys have over people discussing your spec in this light, it's emotionally difficult for you to take in and you respond with irrational and emotional posts rather than reading and taking in what is said and replying in context, with a level head. Like I said feel free to vent but I'm not discussing this with you any more because you don't read it anyway.

Glass heart babies, the lot of you.
    You're not "discussing" anything. You literally were arguing that Demon Hunters are strong on Skorpyron and that warranted a nerf. You refuse to look at the big picture then you go on a rant when the proof is put right in front of your face. No one cares about a single fight and judging a class on a single fight is idiotic. Your posts make you look more and more asinine by with each character you put. Its absurd how you attempt to twist this into a "glass heart babies" and "seated insecurity". You had no obligation to post on this thread, but instead you decided to come here with some random bullshit claiming that because we're good on a couple fights it warrants a nerf. You really need to learn to look at a big picture and learn how to read statistics otherwise you're not going to make it in the real world.

You're not "discussing" anything. You literally were arguing that Demon Hunters are strong on Skorpyron and that warranted a nerf.
    This is the funny bit and I point you back to my previous post, READ THE POSTS. I actually was arguing that Warlocks doing silly damage on Skorpyron is not confirmation that DH isn't doing too much damage overall, and infact that Skorpyron should be ignored because of excessive cheesing being irrelevant in the grand scheme, also pointing out that WCL already does ignore Skorpyron for all-star rating.

It's amazing what happens when you read posts instead of making it up as you go along, maybe you should work on that and then I will have a discussion with you. Until then I have no intention in playing part in this circle jerk of teary eyed defensive DHs.