Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The Next Alliance Race?

We know that the Horde will probably get ogres at some point, but what could be the next playable Alliance race?

High elves are extremely unlikely considering that lore-wise they're a minority of a minority and aren't really different enough from blood elves.

WoD would have been a great time to introduce arrakoa as playable, but that time has passed.

Naga and dryads/keepers would basically break established game mechanics and ultimately end up as a conceptual clusterfuck for Blizz to try and implement.

So, here's my candidate for a possible playable race:

Dragonman or another Dragon/Reptilian race

While drakonids and dragonspawns present problems that prevent them from being playable, another humanoid dragon-like race is feasible. You have dragonmen which are already in-game and with a few tweaks they could easily fit within the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres are definitely not a shoe in to be added to the Horde, but that is another discussion. I also suspect we MIGHT be getting new races in the next expansion...either that or we will be getting sub-races or something. Definitely something race rather than class related.

Remember, for a new race to be viable it has to be seeded in the game world as it exists now (the Draenei, awesome as they are, taught Blizzard that lesson) AND it has to make sense within the context of the expansion they are added in.

At the moment, the hints are genuinely for an Azshara/N'zoth expansion to kick start a void lord arc. How would Dragonmen work?

Nightborne for next neutral.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just want another pretty race, please.

Hopefully there will never be any more playable races. We have enough.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Why do you hope there won't be any more?
    Even if you don't care about playing anything new, it doesn't affect you in any way if they add more races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    pretty much, Nightborne are sorta being set up as another potential player race simply because of their return to the world being decided by two factions coming together. I'd be surprised if Nightborne don't end up as a neutral race like Pandaren, simply because Thalyssra has been working this entire time for the 'nightborne shall return to Azeroth as its saviors, not its conquerors'.

Only wierd thing is that they are kinda like Blood Elves already socially, and would need some work model and animation wise. Can't really tell what kind of customization's they would have.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    More races? nah bruh.

Deleted
    I think the next we will get will be a neutral. Just think about all the armors they have to fit new races ! Neutral means only 2 instead of 4 (male and female).
    If the nightborn assists us with the final blow (for now..) against the Legion, then it would make sense.
    Something like "you saved us! We owe you our life" kind of thing.
    People have been asking for High Elfs. Elfs seems to be pretty popular (BE on hordes specially..) so why not?

I'd rather have another 100 playable races then 1 more new class. Or 1 race instead of 100 classes. Whatever. Race > Class

I don't think Horde will ever get Ogres. I hope someone (preferably Horde) gets Nightfallen and/or Nightborne Elves. They are gorgeous.

I would like if they make races from Illidari playable. Shivara, Nagas and Broken... Just not sure how it would work with Horde & Alliance so probably nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think we'll get new races in the next expansion, i think we'll get sub races of existing races.

dark iron dwarves for example.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Bigger humans

^ This.

Why do some people want new races? What's the point having 6, 7 or 10 races? It's not content.

10+ Year Old Account
    ALLIANCE:
    High elves
    Valkyr
    Furbolg
    Drakonid
    Jinyu
    Ethereals

HORDE:
    Ogre
    Saurok
    Tuskarr
    Arakoa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    ^ This.

Why do some people want new races? What's the point having 6, 7 or 10 races? It's not content.
    diversity, expansion of current lore into future. Wanting to belong to that which is not represented. imagination, faction pride, lore, expanditure, progression, development, after 12 years and 7 races, people want more. story progression
    Last edited by Benomatic; 2017-01-28 at 09:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa for Alliance. Either from Outland or Draenor, I don't mind.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves are NEVER going to be a playable race. Get over it. They're just Blood Elves, with a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard said they wouldn't be doing neutral races again.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    diversity, expansion of current lore into future. Wanting to belong to that which is not represented. imagination, faction pride, lore, expanditure, progression, development, after 12 years and 7 races, people want more. story progression
    Not sure a new race is worth the development time.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    OP, pls use your brain before posting next time, there's actual lore reasons behind why Naga would be our next race while a random hybrid dragon that we've seen twice in the game is so idiotic it would make no sense.

And it does not break game mechanics at all, there's easy ways for them to use mounts, etc. While I doubt they'll be a playable race at all, it still is a possibility, this dragon hybrid on the other hand. 0% chance

I'd rather have subraces to become a thing, that way the Alliance can have high elves after all. We already have to many playable races as it is, so I'd rather see them trying to customise the existing ones a lot further.