Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As other people have noted, Blizz has learned to seed races ahead of time. That does not mean that we aren't going to receive two new races next expansion, only that the options presented make it unlikely.

Truth be told, there aren't that many plausible options either. Ogres are the best remaining choice. I could see arguments made for Furbolg. After that, it gets iffy. Naga present several model problems, Blizz has expressed regret for neutral races so the Nightborne are unlikely, high elves are out, arrakoa would be an expansion much too late, etc.

Basically, ogres or furbolg, and neither have quite the draw that previous additions had. I'm banking on another hero class for the next xpac, or an incredible feature to make it worthwhile (our own transportable ships, maybe?).

I really feel that the next expacs big feature will be 2 parts
    1. New races/sub races and character creation overhaul
    2. A few new race/class combos
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I want neutral Mecha-Gnomes,running around as one in BM spec with a pair of mechanical pets would be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    OP, pls use your brain before posting next time, there's actual lore reasons behind why Naga would be our next race while a random hybrid dragon that we've seen twice in the game is so idiotic it would make no sense.

And it does not break game mechanics at all, there's easy ways for them to use mounts, etc. While I doubt they'll be a playable race at all, it still is a possibility, this dragon hybrid on the other hand. 0% chance
    Actually there was a comment made by Afrasiabi that a dragon race was one of the possible playable races planned for Cata. The Dragonman model even comes from repurposed concept art for that race.

Also, a jumping naga would be ridiculous and how many many mounts would they be to wrap around or just lay on?

Playable races have always been pulled out of Blizzard's ass with a bunch of retcons and new lore. How many people expected blood elves to join the Horde, pre-BC? What about draenei? Worgen? Pandaren?

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    ALLIANCE:
    High elves
    Valkyr
    Furbolg
    Drakonid
    Jinyu
    Ethereals

HORDE:
    Ogre
    Saurok
    Tuskarr
    Arakoa

- - - Updated - - -

diversity, expansion of current lore into future. Wanting to belong to that which is not represented. imagination, faction pride, lore, expanditure, progression, development, after 12 years and 7 races, people want more. story progression
    High elves will not happen . High elevs are almost non-existent . When will people get it through their heads ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    High Elves are NEVER going to be a playable race. Get over it. They're just Blood Elves, with a different name.

This ! Thank you

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Open up Goblins to Alliance.

There is absolutely zero reason why Goblins are not treated the same as Pandas.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Open up Goblins to Alliance.

There is absolutely zero reason why Goblins are not treated the same as Pandas.
    Then you would have to do away with an Alliance existing race due to the fact they would have one more than Horde so no.The only way it could be a yes would be if you opened up Worgen to Horde as well.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I would love to play a Drakonid, but I could see Blizz introducing a Hero Race, that when choosing a class/spec it has its own unique spells and animation for those spells, for example if the Hero Race is Ethereal - class: Priest spells like Holy Fire would have its own unique name and spell animations, but still do the same numbers(so its not a balancing nightmare for Blizz).

So i would love to see Hero Race: Ethereal, but i think next expansion will include sub-races....blizz has been throwing alot of sub races out there these 2 expansions, with sub-races including their own starting zone, and quest.
    Last edited by Role Unknown; 2017-01-29 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the Whisps and the Two-Headed Ogres (playable by two players), I don't see any interesting known race to add to the game at this point.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I really really really really want ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    (playable by two players)
    Oh god no, that'd be horrible.
    Who would control the feet? Who does what? Attack or heal? Both?

Gear, transmog.
    It'd be a clusterfuck.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    The Game has enough races, nobody needs more of that Crap. We need Legacy Servers and the removal of Stuff - not more cosmetic crap!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Blizz said they wouldn't share models for races ex pandas for races in the future, however I think having flightless arrakoa and their still flying brothers and sisters on opposite sides cool, and sneaks around that rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    While I would vote for High Elf, easily. I would assume Vrykul, specifically Odin's Vrykul.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    I really really really really want ethereals.

Oh god no, that'd be horrible.
    Who would control the feet? Who does what? Attack or heal? Both?

Gear, transmog.
    It'd be a clusterfuck.
    Both were actually April Fool's pranks from Blizzard.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Nightborne would be the most natural and fitting choice, but Blizz has expressed that they didn't really like the whole netural race thing with the Pandaren. I suppose the Nightborne could be shoe-horned into picking a side, but they just seem like such a better fit being neutral.

I have personally wanted to play Jinyu since MoP came out because I have long wanted an aquatic race and I believe Naga have way too many technical hurdles. The new Guardian druid form coming in 7.2 has also re-ignited my interest in playing Furbolg. The Alliance could use another shamanic race.

All that being said, I think sub-races are the most likely and I would welcome them as well. Especially if some new character creation options across the board were thrown in with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Actually there was a comment made by Afrasiabi that a dragon race was one of the possible playable races planned for Cata. The Dragonman model even comes from repurposed concept art for that race.
    Wow, I am so glad they didn't do that. Even the mess that is the female worgen is better than a dragon race. No offense. :P

I don't ever see Blizzard wasting their time with 'ugly' races. They already don't like devoting resources to aesthetics, so why would they design races they know only a small percentage of people would play?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

If we end up beating the Legion for good this expansion, we might be up against the Void next, which opens up Ethereal as a possibility.

I've wanted to play as an Ethereal since I saw them in Outland. Make it happen Blizz.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Blizz has expressed that they didn't really like the whole netural race thing with the Pandaren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Blizz said they wouldn't share models for races ex pandas for races in the future,
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard said they wouldn't be doing neutral races again.
    Why? And when did they say this? Since several people repeat the same line I presume Blizzard indeed said it somewhere I must have missed it, maybe it was even long ago in MOP, but any reasoning they said for it? All I remember is they "didn't want to deny any faction the awesomeness that are Pandaren" (whether people find them awesome or the opposite is completely personal preference ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Not sure a new race is worth the development time.
    Generally in most expansions seemed to me the graphics / sound / visual design team managed on time but the system and class balance team didn't. If any expansion releases something unfinished it's usually in the department of class balance or scrapped questlines, sometimes messy professions. The only time visual design team was behind is when they had to revamp all of the old races, which was 10 races not 2 (since they skipped goblins / worgen), and they didn't manage in time so Blood Elves got delayed and some races got super rushed (male Night Elf for example, Trolls I think as well had lots of animation tweaks later on, female Draenei faces were tweaked 2-3 times too).

Personally I'd rather get 2 new races in Legion than remodel of squirrels, bunnies, bears, moarg demons and succubi. If that's the opportunity cost, I'm fine with it. Some people might disagree.

But that's what the graphic team is doing, for sure it wouldn't "cost us a raid tier" at worst the bosses would have re-used models from somewhere or only slightly modified ones. And for sure it's not the same team that caused all the Legion pet peeves like specs being clunky to play, pvp imbalance or stupid legendary system. All of these are nothing related to 3d graphics or animation team.

High elves for the Alliance and ogres/Mok'nathal(alternate timelines and whatever, they could just migrate over) on the Horde side.

Having no female model doesn't even make for a real arguement against having ogres on the Horde side. Just put in that they're extremely patriarchal and that's it. It would get backlash online and negative publicity - especially from women who don't even play WoW, but have heard that there is this MMO that doesn't allow you to create a female character.

Any other races don't make too much sense of having on either side. All the other options given could to a certain degree form a third and fourth faction or something, but definitely shouldn't be included into the current ones.

In terms of the suggested drakonids... I'd rather see no additions to either faction, instead of seeing them added.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-01-29 at 03:48 AM.