Poll: Warchiefs of the Horde

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    misspelling Sylvanas check, misspelling circle-jerk, impressive. Blowing things out of proportion because you cant stand a character. You truly do belong in the lore forums.
    o my god, im misspelling things, someone call trump to deport me

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    o my god, im misspelling things, someone call trump to deport me
    Seriously, when your main argument against something is misspelled or you just scream circle-jerk why would anyone take anything you post clearly? You make it pretty damn obvious lore comes second to your own opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    Voted Thrall.

I was considering Garrosh as he was a true warrior and very strong and interesting character before MoP decided to twist him into a bad guy.
    But Thrall was a great leader - he never backed off a fight, but wasn't a mindless berserker either, he understood war as much as politics.

I'm surprised by Sylvanas having 2nd result - she might be smart, but she ain't no warchief, she doesn't give fuck about horde, that selfish bitch has no honor whatsoever and doesn't understand the meaning of "Lok'tar ogar", which she has proven again on Broken Shore.
    The good old "Horde should have all died meaningless deaths at the broken shore"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Sylvanas because boobs

^ am I doin this right ?
    Fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    Voted Thrall.

I was considering Garrosh as he was a true warrior and very strong and interesting character before MoP decided to twist him into a bad guy.
    But Thrall was a great leader - he never backed off a fight, but wasn't a mindless berserker either, he understood war as much as politics.

I'm surprised by Sylvanas having 2nd result - she might be smart, but she ain't no warchief, she doesn't give fuck about horde, that selfish bitch has no honor whatsoever and doesn't understand the meaning of "Lok'tar ogar", which she has proven again on Broken Shore.
    Horde will never survive to current day if every Orc leader executed "Lok'tar ogar" literally. You only use that when there is a chance to win and it is meaningful to push hard for it. Most of horde warchief (maybe except Garrosh) will call a retreat and fight for another day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    Most of horde warchief (maybe except Garrosh) will call a retreat and fight for another day.
    Actually even Garrosh shown a liking for tactical retreats. You may "Lok'tar Ogar" as much as you want but no one wants to die like a chump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Stonetalon was a fluke.
    Garrosh was always going to be evil
    It wasn't just stonetalon, in general his attitude wasn't some genocidal maniac, at least not at first. It wasn't until mop that that came up, and its that reason alone I have to assume the guy was bipolar.

Garrosh Hellscream

That guy could've gave us Orcs the world and everything in it if it wasn't for our so called 'allies'

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    To be fair, the question is "Who is your favourite Warchief" which is just another way to ask "who's your favorite character among the list".

If the question was "Who was the best Warchief" than you would have had a point, even though such question would have automatically eliminated Sylvanas, Vol'jin and Garrosh, since two did nothing worthwhile as Warchief and the third screwed things up to biblical proportions.

No person is truly honorable when said honor is thrown out of the window the very moment it becomes inconvenient upholding certain values.

It's also pretty damn hilarious voting Garrosh for what he was supposed to be in the players' minds rather for what he objectively was. "My vote goes to pre-MoP Garrosh" really?

No, thats just called bad writing. He was, then RANDOMLY flips around.

Quote Originally Posted by fsdhjte View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream

That guy could've gave us Orcs the world and everything in it if it wasn't for our so called 'allies'
    Most orcs turned on him too.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Have you seen the majority of people who make the anti sylvanas arguments? Majority of them are "people only like her cuz boobs!"
    Real awesome knowledge of the lore there.
    Maybe they ARE right? Did you ever notice that playable undead females look quite different?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

If we are looking at the Horde from a War standpoint then I have "two" favorates but narrowing it down ill go by this:

Number 1: Ogrim Doomhammer:

Undeniably the most successful Warchief the Horde ever had in terms of actual warfare barring the second number on this list because the origional Horde stormed through most of Azeroth under Ogrim's command. Not only did he successfully kill Lothar in one on one combat but was it not for Turalyon betraying the agreement made by them the Horde would have won and conquered the Alliance.

That being said, Ogrim's sense of actual honor and pride in warfare made him both honorable and yet excelent, he was still a strategist despite his honor. He knew when to put it to one side for the sake of a victory and thats what made him especially successful.

His only major achilies heel was trusting Gul'dan after being very much weary of his loyalty from the start. He knew GD would betray him eventually but GD's timing was too perfect that it destroyed Ogrim's last available power which would have secured absoleute dominion of the Alliance.

In terms of a military warchief, I vote Ogrim, he was by far the most successful Horde leader, even if Blackhand managed to sack Stormwind, Ogrim did *alot* more damage before finally being subdued.

The Second on this list is: Garrosh Hellscream.

Im sorry, But What did Thrall actually do as WAR-CHIEF? Nothing, he mostly worked on being a Peace-Chief, aspiring to unite his clans and work with the locals, while that made him an excelent diplomat and one of the Horde's best *Leaders* that does *not* make him its best warchief.

By far that award goes to Garrosh.

In terms of military success, Garrosh actions cant be denied, even if he was a controversial hero, the damage he did to the Alliance was monumental on a level neither Ogrim, Gul'dan or Blackhand could rival put together. He managed to push a campaign through several major alliance lands using Sylvanas to get most of the eastern kingdoms, while forcing his way into Ashenvale and ploughing through the barrens on a warpath.

He even assured the complete security of the Horde from an attack from Theramore by destroying it, assuring the Alliance had no actual way into the backdoor (until later being betrayed by Vol'jin).

If it wasnt for Garrosh listening to the Sha and going crazy, he would have been *the* most effective warchief of all time.

Runner Up: Sylvanas.

While Sylvanas is far from a good character, no one can deny her actions have given her people massive territorial gain. She has completley retaken most of the western half of Lordaeron, made it virtually impossible to allow the Alliance a foothold there (with Gilneas a plagued wasteland and Arathi a rogue undead kingdom) and aside from a nusience in the Hinterlands and the North eastern provinces of Lordaeron (The Argent Crusade) she has no real enemies that she needs to worry about.

However, Sylvanas conquests arent as memorable or grandscoped as Garrosh because her campaign lacked ambition, while the Alliance is fighting the Legion this would have been the perfect time for Sylvanas as an undead leader to attack Alliance/Argent territories and conquer the remainder of Lordaeron, forcing the Blood Elves into vassalage by fear of consequences of defiance.

Instead, she tries to focus on a quest for immortality gone horribly wrong that has now damned her entire race to absoleute genocide over time. This, topped with the fact Sylvanas clearly has no redeeming qualities anymore makes her only *partially* successful as a commander of her people, but a Warchief, she is not.

And as for Vol'jin:

The lowest member of this rank for multiple reasons:
    - Wasted potential, should have had alot more screentime in MoP+WoD.
    - His only real accomplishment if *any* was to Appoint a new leader, that being said he did manage to secure an uneasy truce with the Alliance for a while.
    - His other only real accomplishment was rebelling against his own faction, which is hardly something worthy of praise, even if he was successful in doing so.
    - He might not yet be gone for good, as hinted by devs who refuse to speak on the potential of his return.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Im sorry, But What did Thrall actually do as WAR-CHIEF? Nothing, he mostly worked on being a Peace-Chief, aspiring to unite his clans and work with the locals, while that made him an excellent diplomat and one of the Horde's best *Leaders* that does *not* make him its best warchief.
    Now just to be clear, I agree that Doomhammer is #1 and Garrosh is second but Thrall did shit loads for the Horde. Thrall freed the rest of the orcs and destroyed Durnholde Keep after Doomhammer died. He brought the Darkspear Trolls, the Tauren, the Blood Elves and the Undead into one united force. He went with Grom to kill Mannoroth (Sure, he got wrecked but the point is he was there willing to fight for the Orc's very souls)Thrall fought at the Battle of Mount Hyjal against Archimonde and helped save the world. He built Durotar and Orgrimmar so the Orcs have a real place to live instead of hiding in human lands. Thrall brought Shamanism back to the orcs too.

To say Thrall did nothing for the Horde and was a bad Warchief is simply false.

Deleted
    Vol'jin.Fuck the haters.

Thrall as Warchief was the perfect leader in every possible way. Sad to see what he's become now.
    Vol'jin, despite his very short duration, was a great one too.

Lol'jin and Slyvanus have essentially done absolutely nothing as warchief. Lol'jin got one shot by a trash mob and Slyvanus literally placed her trust in a dreadlord. Haha. The bitch is pretty dumb to do that. Thrall and Garrosh are much better but even they are pretty shitty. The horde needs to change their motto since "Lok'tar ogar" don't mean shit to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall got my vote.

I like that Sylvanas is Warchief but I wanna see how it plays out before I decide if I think shes good or not. I voted Thrall because although the Alliance was his enemy, he was open to diplomacy with them, it's just sad that at the time Varian was a massively against diplomacy at the time.

Garrosh Hellscream, with Orgrim coming on the second place and Thrall on the third one. Under Garrosh's rule the Horde actually felt like a powerful "nation". Thundering war machines, airships and armies fighting and marching against the Alliance and every other enemy of the Horde. With the help of the Goblins the Horde also advanced with their technology: The first time where the Horde was actually on par, or close, with the Alliance in that aspect (guns, airships and regular ships out of metal, demolisher). Red and black actually felt like it meant something.

Coming in second is Orgrim. Mainly, because he is simply the classical orc warchief, leading the Horde in the second war. And like it was said in a book, he was the one who gave the Horde honor back.

Thrall is number three on my list. Well, it's Warchief Thrall nothing much to say here. He was actually a cool guy, before Blizzard decided that the title "Green Jesus" would fit him. It's more or less nostalgia, as he lead the Horde during the earliest days of WoW.

Now on to Vol'jin and Sylvanas. Vol'jin was entirely wasted. The potential he had, the possibilities, hell he even got his own book: Thrown out of the window in Legion. He can simply be called the warchief who actually achieved nothing (to say it in Gul'dans words). He did nothing, and died to some trash. The Horde video of Broken Shore shows more Varian than Vol'jin, and that probably says everything there is to say.

Now, Sylvanas. I don't like the character (she's fun to play in Hots though), I don't like the fact that an undead elf is leading an organization called "the Horde", I don't like the fact that her military record shows more fails than wins. It doesn't feel like it is the Horde anymore. The red and black banner died when Vol'jin fell on the Broken Shore. The Forsaken should have stayed this untrustworthy partner in the Eastern Kingdoms, they should have continued to work in the shadows, as this ruthless and sinister group who works with the Horde, mainly because both sides benefit from it. They never should have become the face of the Horde.

Blackhand was just a pawn, and Gul'dan was never really a good warchief. He works better from the backseats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to figure out how sylvanas has lost more than she won, her forces beat zuljin when he attacked, she lost to arthas, she took over lordaeron and beat the scarlet crusade and scourge in the arena, she lost it to varamathras but got it back , she took gilnaes, then lost it, then took it back and forced the worgen and 7th legion back and blockaded gilnaes, the alliance was drove from the western plaugelands and desestroyed in hillsbrad, Galen left the forsaken ( I guess you could say that is a loss) she with everyone else lost the broken shore and failed to get odyn's Valor girl. That's more wins than losses. Unless there are other defeats I can't think of.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Number 1: Ogrim Doomhammer
    That being said, Ogrim's sense of actual honor and pride in warfare made him both honorable and yet excelent, he was still a strategist despite his honor. He knew when to put it to one side for the sake of a victory and thats what made him especially successful.
    Yeah, knowing when to forget about honor is well-known trait of any "excellent" Orc. Thanks, but we know than already.

The Second on this list is: Garrosh Hellscream.

Im sorry, But What did Thrall actually do as WAR-CHIEF? Nothing, he mostly worked on being a Peace-Chief, aspiring to unite his clans and work with the locals, while that made him an excelent diplomat and one of the Horde's best *Leaders* that does *not* make him its best warchief.

By far that award goes to Garrosh.
    If draining your faction of life in endless wars is your goal then of course, "by far that award goes to Garrosh". But they say sensible people prefer to end wars.

He even assured the complete security of the Horde from an attack from Theramore by destroying it, assuring the Alliance had no actual way into the backdoor (until later being betrayed by Vol'jin).
    ...and almost assured with that Orgirmmar and 99% of Orc population is wiped from map if not for intervention of that Peace-Chief, you know? That's perfect security right here! Nobody would ever kill any Orc if there would be no more Orcs to kill, after all.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Maybe they ARE right? Did you ever notice that playable undead females look quite different?
    Arthas was keeping sylvanas body preserved to torment her, she got her body back undeath keeeps away decay, the run of the mill forsaken is a mauled corpse that was raised ina battle or from a grave they are bound to look different.
    Holy shit lol

Arthas was keeping sylvanas body preserved to torment her, she got her body back undeath keeeps away decay, the run of the mill forsaken is a mauled corpse that was raised ina battle or from a grave they are bound to look different.
    Aw, come on, do you REALLY, REALLY think they made her attractive for no reason?