Frost, best mythic+ talent setup??

Which talents is best for raid and mythic+?

Deleted
    For raid OBRA, for M+ usually FS+GA.

I don't lke BoS, put some people prefer it. Choose what you like and can play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    For raid OBRA, for M+ usually FS+GA.

I don't lke BoS, put some people prefer it. Choose what you like and can play.
    BoS is better than OBRA.

Deleted
    I have exp up to +17 in time (/character/eu/burning-legion/Luxipux on wowprogress for reference) and I can recommend you either 3123232 or 313212(with scythe you can also go frozen pulse so 323212), so main choice lies between gathering storm or frost scythe. It also depends on your legendaries and whether you have tiers or not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    BoS is better than OBRA.
    Sure, but only if you can play BoS as well as OBRA. Nobody gains anything by playing something he doesn't master. You need the proper stats and legendaries for BoS, and then only outperform OBRA by a small margin.

Thats why I said play whichever of both you can play better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Sure, but only if you can play BoS as well as OBRA. Nobody gains anything by playing something he doesn't master. You need the proper stats and legendaries for BoS, and then only outperform OBRA by a small margin.

Thats why I said play whichever of both you can play better.
    Wrong, BoS is probably the least stat dependent build and even without legendaries BoS performs better if played properly. But like you said if it's uncomfortable/too hard then don't bother

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    Wrong, BoS is probably the least stat dependent build and even without legendaries BoS performs better if played properly. But like you said if it's uncomfortable/too hard then don't bother
    The legendaries certainly make it much more forgiving though. Seal is so, so good for BoS.

This is what I'm running when I play as Frost. X means personal preference.

BoS Raid Build: 332XX32

BoS Dungeon Build:
    - 3223X32 (Gathering Storm with Frozen Pulse for a good balance between AoE and ST)
    - 3223X12 (Frostscythe with Frozen Pulse for massive trash cleave, useful if your group has low AoE or it's a high M+ with Fortified)

I found these to be quite good builds, especially with the seal of necrofantasia legendary.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In dungeons when I actually play frost, I use a standard raiding BoS build, but I use freezing fog instead of horn of winter. Personally, even in a raiding setting I find that I can keep pretty large BoS uptime without actually having horn of winter. Having BoS up for a long time is still good, but it's not like you gain a huge portion of damage by having it going past the CD window (for example when your PoF falls off).

I go with a pretty standard BoS in M+ because just baseline frost does a lot of AoE (more than the majority of specs in the game for essentially free). Frost fever does decent damage, RW with gathering storm does a lot of damage, and of course rime procs do a boat load of damage as well. When I know I'm coming up on a large pack I pool some resources before finishing off the pack prior, and will just use BoS (with PoF of course) without popping my hungering rune weapon. Normally without popping hungering rune weapon, and w/o having horn of winter it's still pretty easy to keep BoS up for the entirety of PoF anyways. Regardless, most packs aren't going to last in much excess of 20-30 seconds, even on higher M+ if you have good enough DPS for them.

Personally while there is certainly different builds to go, I found this one works best. You do amazing damage on trash, you have high priority add damage, and you can light up trash packs if you so choose. The only button I save for bosses is hungering rune weapon usually, because it feels like massive overkill on trash packs, and because of how long trash packs typically last you don't really need it to keep high BoS uptime (note I'll use it on really high M+ that actually has a dangerous trash pack of course). This build (whether you take horn or not, doesn't really matter) makes you still amazing at trash and a beast on bosses, which is one of my major complains about using obliteration with a frost scythe variant in the past. You kind of either did one or the other, and with BoS you get just as good ST damage (better) and still competitive AoE.

My stats certainly aren't ideal because I main blood DK (although I have 54 traits into frost), but my equipped iLvL is really high at 901. I have 0 pieces of tier right now and my frost legendary items are Prydaz and my blood DK bracers. Zero problems consistently getting 40-45+ second BoS, so I'm not sure where the notion that frost is really legendary dependent comes from. The tier would certainly make it better, and the legendary items would certainly boost DPS or have some rather large QoL fixes (ring, belt for example), but I wouldn't call frost legendary dependent at all. Felt super competitive in M+ and I'm pretty sure if I had a competent tank to tank on our heroic clears, I would perform around the top for the majority of the fights in Mythic NH.

I mean look at WCL for proof of how well frost DKs are performing. They perform well on AoE, they perform well on cleave and they have impressive boss damage. Last I checked the highest DPS on Krosus was a frost DK using BoS. Been awhile since I've seen a DK, let alone a frost DK as one of the best, if not the best ST class in the game. Probably won't last long though because DKs (blood, unholy or frost) in general aren't allowed to be the best for any amount of time lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    BoS is better than OBRA.
    Proof? 10char

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    Which talents is best for raid and mythic+?
    like others said some talents are up to you and which legendaries you own. Scythe is still great EXCEPT ON SKITTISH WEEKS.

F skittish.

I've been running just the standard BoS raid spec for dungeons. At 892 equipped ilvl I can pull anywhere from 700k to 1mil+ dps on most trash packs just using RW and Rime procs (I do have 4P, so I get a lot of Rime procs). On M+ 1-9 I can up BoS for pretty much the entire duration of boss encounters, usually resulting in 800K+ dps, 1mil+ on bosses with adds.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    Having the ring or the helm with 4 piece is a big increase, both on dps and the gameplay. Someone linked a SIM someone did for set bonus' and it had frost DK's getting 4% damage increase in total from both 2 and 4 piece. The tank was getting set pieces before me.

Finally got my first set piece last night in our normal run that we do on weekends (which is also cleanup night from actual raid). Got my 2 piece, though it doesn't change BoS until I get 4 piece... I can see where it is going to make BoS crazy strong.

Then the helm with the 2 piece is crazy, I now want this helm.

The ring is amazing to keep it up.

I have the belt and to be honest, the RNG blows. Sometimes it is amazing and BoS up time is crazy, other times I get zero procs and it blows.

You then do need proper stats, it is something like 25% haste and 20% crit, after that it doesn't matter to much.