In Azor's guide, he says to go Trick shot build if you have the belt, so I simmed different scenarios on my character:

1) Warbelt with PS
    2) Warbelt with Trick Shot
    3) No Warbelt with PS

I repeated all of the above scenarios with 1,2 and 3 targets and LightMovement vs. HeavyMovement (24 different sims) and 1) gave substantially higher DPS every time. Even 3) beat out 2) in most cases.

Things to note:
    1) Non-warbelt sims used Prydaz (damage absorb neck)
    2) 2nd legendary was always Zevrym (marked shot ring)
    3) Both pieces replacing legendaries (neck/belt) were 880 with Mastery as the higher secondary stat and haste or crit as lower secondary stat.
    4) All other gear and talents remained constant (i.e. LnL, Explosive shot, Volley, etc)

Can someone with more knowledge in simming shed some light on why this may be the case?
    Last edited by ridiculous87; 2017-01-25 at 07:43 PM.

I'd usually macro in the current potion and set the tool tip to show the cooldown on that. After all if you are popping all your cooldowns, you are probably going to want to be popping your potion as well.

It's compatible with pre-potting since if you hit the macro while the cooldown is active on the potion it will just not use it.

Between /use, /cast and /#showtooltip, I've found that covers pretty much all of my basic macro command needs.

/#showtooltip Potion of Prolonged Power
    /use Potion of Prolonged Power

Quote Originally Posted by dalierin View Post
    I wouldn't macro that stuff, on most times you lose potential dps if you just spam them mindlessly.
    A macro like this is not something you're going to want to hit all the time and to some extent this kind of macro is a legacy of when we had a lot more cooldowns and on use trinkets, but for most players hitting one button to pop everything when Timewarp/Bloodlust/etc... is cast, is a definite improvement over having to trigger multiple abilities/items individually.

I'd agree it's not ideal if you're a top player in the world, but pretty much by definition, most people aren't and stacking buffs is a key to doing good DPS.
    Last edited by Akainakali; 2017-01-25 at 08:46 PM.

Has anyone got a TMW version of the Vulnerability bar posted in the Discord? Cba with WeakAuras as well as TMW and I much prefer the latter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akainakali View Post
    I'd agree it's not ideal if you're a top player in the world, but pretty much by definition, most people aren't and stacking buffs is a key to doing good DPS.
    That's true and I see your point in using one.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Ive been running Call of the Wild bracers and Sephuz's for my 2 legs. Yesterday i got my Apex Predator's ring. So naturally i thought bracers and new ring is the best route for me. Sims say its better to use bracers and apex ring. I was just wondering if sims took into account the up time ( which is almost used on cd thanks to the tenacity pet) i would have on sephuz's with both rings equipped?

Testing this on target dummies shows it doesn't really play well together. I was under the impression that charge would go off a lot more.
    Last edited by Trialtm; 2017-01-25 at 11:34 PM.

GSS-E for macros, nuff said.

Browse lazymacros for an idea of the possibilities.

Got my mantle yesterday in +15 weekly cache. My god it rly changes the spec, i no longer waste any direbeast procs especially those special ones that decide to proc 1sec before Dire beast comes off cd. For mythic however (raiding) i still feel BM might be the better choice largely due to so much movement fights, for example Chromo/Tril have so much movement already i cant imagine Krosus/Star/Botanist. MM however will 110% outshine BM on some fights as well, the only thing BM lacks atm imo is consistant dps (without cds) since in mythic progress u mostly use your cds to kill PRIO ads...which most people dont understand.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/s...nd/Sh%C3%AEft/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Some of your CDs trigger the GCD, so you would probably have to spam the macro multiple times until everything is used. I tend to use a macro for BM that does bestial wrath, murder (GCD), AotW, and any trinkets or rings off the GCD (just got legendary trinket last night). I then use KC and DB, and then use Titan which should give pets enough time to reach the boss/target before Titan is activated.

As Draco said, your BM potential is more about your single target traits and legendaries than basically anything else (including macros). If they hadn't nerfed the ring by half, it would be as overpowered as belt currently is, but together they are REALLY powerful. If you play BM for any length of time, and see how focus starved you are in BW--especially outside of AotW--then you'll see why the belt will continue to be so valuable. The best you can do right now is pool ~90 focus before any BW outside of AotW and do as many KCs as you can. Macros may help, but just focus on your priority list and if you're going to go BM, you really need to switch your loot specialization and be stubborn about it until you get 2 good legendaries for BM.
    Thanks for the help! Managed to rank 99% for my ilvl on 2nd boss NH on my first ever raid as BM! The first few seconds feels really messy when I'm popping everything in going into a normal rotation so still working on that.
    Tried to do like you said and pool focus before every BW but I feel very focus starved quite a lot of the fight, guess having the right Legendaries will really help with that!

Thanks for the help, now time to improve before the next raid .

Are bracers still regarded as a better legendary than boots for BM? Sims does not prove it for me, but I might be doing something ultimately wrong .

Deleted
    Hello,

so i played the meme build last raid in NH, and a few questions came to my mind.
    with MS and getting out MT proccs(in order to cast MS) is higher in prio then AS, it feels like i only cast very few AS. Is that how the build works?

Is the correct rotation for TS just ArcS/MultiS - MS - ArcS/MultiS - MS? This makes the 4set pretty much useless right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fri3drich View Post
    Hello,

so i played the meme build last raid in NH, and a few questions came to my mind.
    with MS and getting out MT proccs(in order to cast MS) is higher in prio then AS, it feels like i only cast very few AS. Is that how the build works?

Is the correct rotation for TS just ArcS/MultiS - MS - ArcS/MultiS - MS? This makes the 4set pretty much useless right?

Yes I am curious about this too, it seems the 4 set is absolutely useless for the meme build. Are we supposed to be dumping focus during true shot by using aimed when focus >90? According to azor's guide, marked shot > aimed shot now in priority, so ive been focus capping often and continuing to just arcane-marked during trueshot, even on ST.

Is this correct? or should we be casting aimed when our focus >90 during true shot to dump focus, even if it does less damage than arcane-marked ST?

Also does the 4p bonus reducing the cost of spells mess with piercing shots damage? I'm thinking of conpletely forgoing the 4p because it doesnt seem to help the meme build at all....

Deleted
    Afaik you cast AiS to prevent focus capping.

AiS should still be > MS (ST) due to traits and proccs and the requirement of ArS beforehand, the reason why you go MS-ArS-MS-ArS is because you empty your bar with Piercing Shot first. And since MS is better per-Focus-damage, you want to use as many MS as possible without capping focus.

If it's 2targets or more, it's MS all day every day.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-28 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

AiS should still be > MS (ST) due to traits and proccs and the requirement of ArS beforehand, the reason why you go MS-ArS-MS-ArS is because you empty your bar with Piercing Shot first. And since MS is better per-Focus-damage, you want to use as many MS as possible without capping focus.

Thanks kray! That seems intuitively correct. glad to know that the 4p bonus then should be a little helpful with the meme build, since towards the end of trueshot we often have >100 focus to go with 3x aimed. or should we be going aimed only once to dump focus and then go back into arc-ms?

Also if we are going 3x aimed at the end of trueshot, should we be saving the troll berserking racial for that moment? Or just pop berserking on pull?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

What about Lock'n'Load Proccs during Trueshot, do they have higher priority? U get during Trueshot very fast focuscapped and i wonder if its really a dps loss if i still spam AS - MS (LnL AiS)?

How much of a dps loss is it on single target to refuse to take patient sniper in any situation, and should i still take true aim and trick shot w/o patient sniper on single? I don't have gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yevon View Post
    What about Lock'n'Load Proccs during Trueshot, do they have higher priority? U get during Trueshot very fast focuscapped and i wonder if its really a dps loss if i still spam AS - MS (LnL AiS)?
    LnL aimed>Marked Shot during Trueshot.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies,

so for the meme build, do we cast AiS to prevent getting focus capped even if a MT proc or MS is ready? Because of the high proc rate of MT, i end up using ArcS while at focus cap. That feels kinda wrong because of the golden rule focus capped=dps loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Some of your CDs trigger the GCD, so you would probably have to spam the macro multiple times until everything is used. I tend to use a macro for BM that does bestial wrath, murder (GCD), AotW, and any trinkets or rings off the GCD (just got legendary trinket last night). I then use KC and DB, and then use Titan which should give pets enough time to reach the boss/target before Titan is activated.
    (snip)
    Would it not be more optimal to use amoc befoure bw and swap it with kc? As it doesnt tic initially anyway, so you gain 1 gcd in the bw window.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    No. It was 10 seconds long before beast cleave existed. Then they buffed it to 15 seconds in length during WoD and it's been 15 seconds ever since. I don't know why Wowhead tooltips are showing ten seconds. Maybe there's some inbuilt thing that you get at some point during the leveling process that's not obvious since they decided to remove all sorts of significant passive info from the spellbook (and none of us would have noticed since we were all 100 when 7.0 hit). Regardless, it's hilarious that Mavick of all people is the one that doesn't even know how long a significant ability for BM lasts and is making up nonsense to try to make himself less wrong.
    Beast cleave was an arena comp that was popular in the middle of Wrath after enhancement shamans got an ability that made them mostly impervious to cc for ~10 seconds or something. Between BW, bloodlust, and wolves, it was extremely easy to zerg someone down within 20 seconds. It was braindead easy to play and hardcountered RMP (the most popular comp at the time). To nerf the comp without destroying BM in PVE, BW was changed from 18 seconds to 10 seconds and BM hunters gained a flat 10% damage boost at all times.

The AoE ability beast cleave is named after this comp.

WotC feels a bit awkward with the BM Shoulders+Boots

I mean, yeah you have tons of dire beasts so in theory it should work well. But you also spend A LOT of time using kill command with all of the CD reduction you get. It feels like I rarely get to cast cobra shot sometimes. I know it's a first world problem, but I wonder if Dire Stable would be of more use.