Quote Originally Posted by Arker42 View Post
    The damage is designed to amp up during Fast Phase. Accordingly, you must cycle through your rotation much faster to keep up with the increased damage intake. Try to resist the urge to spam your abilities during this phase and instead focus on simply executing your rotation at a faster cadence to ensure both effecient Rage generation and use (i.e., don't fuck up your Vengeance weave)
    Yup. It still feels bullshit though that the DoT doesn't give us any RPDT (like the Grip on second boss in DhT), and Shield Wall is the only mitigation CD that works on it (outside of Reflect that's up for less than 40% of it).

Just gonna take my Druid, I think... I love my Warrior & prefer playing it, and it's obviously doable, but the effort it requires compared to pressing Ursol & having every defensive CD work on it? What's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Yup. It still feels bullshit though that the DoT doesn't give us any RPDT (like the Grip on second boss in DhT), and Shield Wall is the only mitigation CD that works on it (outside of Reflect that's up for less than 40% of it).

Just gonna take my Druid, I think... I love my Warrior & prefer playing it, and it's obviously doable, but the effort it requires compared to pressing Ursol & having every defensive CD work on it? What's the point.
    DoTs should still give RPDT. I can't imagine why that one should be any different.

Yes, Druid tanks are in a good state and are generally recognized to take 'less effort' to be effective; however, Warrior is still completely viable in all fights and excels in fights where mechanics are Blockable. I personally enjoy the extra complexity of Prot War, but if you're not having fun with it, by all means, switch to a more enjoyable class for you.

DoTs should still give RPDT. I can't imagine why that one should be any different.

Yes, Druid tanks are in a good state and are generally recognized to take 'less effort' to be effective; however, Warrior is still completely viable in all fights and excels in fights where mechanics are Blockable. I personally enjoy the extra complexity of Prot War, but if you're not having fun with it, by all means, switch to a more enjoyable class for you.
    I enjoy it. It just seems that in a raid like this Warrior's are gonna have to do more to accomplish less, and I cba with that. Will probably still use my Warrior for Trilliax, Spellblade & Tich, though.

It doesn't give me rage. The Grip on the second boss of DhT doesn't give rage either, but it contributes towards Frenzied Regen healing. It's shit like that which is pushing me away.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I agree, but in all seriousness this preemptive absorb just doesn't work with rage mechanics at all. It would be so much more appropriate if we had something similar to energy. Basically its a paladin's version of the heal: You get hit -> You get rage -> You spend rage for absorb. This preemptiveness doesn't work with this mechanic.
    Your not suppose to have IP up all the time, if you did, you would take no dmg at all. Warriors are fine atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Your not suppose to have IP up all the time, if you did, you would take no dmg at all. Warriors are fine atm.
    ^This. Your goal as a Tank should not be 'Preventing as much damage as possible'. It should be 'Sufficiently smoothing out the incoming damage so that it is manageable and ensures you are not at risk of being spiked out'.

If you were to judge the worth of a tank solely on the metric of 'Healing Done/Total Damage Prevented', you would be mischaracterizing what's actually important for tanks, which is probability of survival within a given period of time. The metrics and mathematics behind actual 'good' tank performance has more in common with a FICO score (i.e., your credit score), as illustrated by the work by Theck and Meloree: http://www.sacredduty.net/theck-melo...ence-document/

Deleted
    make magic damage blockable for us, that would fix alot of issues. or actuely have IP scale with health like in the early beta so that it wont end up being shit like right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Where did I said anything about IP being up all the time? And nobody said that warriors are horrible or something, stop assuming things. They're just not on the level of other classes like bears and paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    make magic damage blockable for us, that would fix alot of issues. or actuely have IP scale with health like in the early beta so that it wont end up being shit like right now.
    Magic damage is fine. The way to fix warriors lies in SB uptime. We have to sacrifice a lot of stats to reach haste breakpoint while druids triple-quadruple stack their iron hide while pumping big numbers in Versatility and Mastery (both straightforward increasing their mitigation/hp and healing recieved).
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-01-29 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    PSA: Do NOT use your artifact while using the special ability shield against skovald in HoV. Naughty suprise. Rip 3 chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    PSA: Do NOT use your artifact while using the special ability shield against skovald in HoV. Naughty suprise. Rip 3 chest.
    Haha I learned this the hard way too. Thankfully it was just M+2
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Kinda silly question, but does shield block work for mobs attacking from behind? The tooltip says it blocks every melee attack against you, but I seem to remember you needing to be facing the mob for shield block to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Perr View Post
    Kinda silly question, but does shield block work for mobs attacking from behind? The tooltip says it blocks every melee attack against you, but I seem to remember you needing to be facing the mob for shield block to work.
    you can only dodge/block/parry attacks from the front.

Did CA on my Druid and it was countless times more comfotable. Went back to Warrior for Trilliax and that worked out pretty well (off-tanked it using Intercept on the Arcane Slash thing). Time to try Spellblade! *Gulps*

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    I was under the impression if you channel the special button you can't use any ability, or it will break the channel. Not just artifact ability.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I was under the impression if you channel the special button you can't use any ability, or it will break the channel. Not just artifact ability.
    You can use any ability except the artifact ability. So you are telling me you never did any damage while that phase since the start of legion? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    You can use any ability except the artifact ability. So you are telling me you never did any damage while that phase since the start of legion? xD
    And devastator doesn't work. You can't autoattack while channeling it for some reason.

Deleted

"excels in fights where you can block" is just a fancy way of saying that you can't block most things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I enjoy it. It just seems that in a raid like this Warrior's are gonna have to do more to accomplish less, and I cba with that. Will probably still use my Warrior for Trilliax, Spellblade & Tich, though.

It doesn't give me rage. The Grip on the second boss of DhT doesn't give rage either, but it contributes towards Frenzied Regen healing. It's shit like that which is pushing me away.
    yeah but we have things like spell reflect working on dark slash in maw. or being able to solo phase 2 of BRH last boss with the legendary bracers. so the little things cut both ways.

(also does anyone else have this issue that in M+ DHT on the tree boss, every time you use shield block, your shield loses its texture/turns white? i have 2 set and using the balance of power apperance)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    i don't mind magic damage not being blockable (would be nice to have though), but special attacks that do physical damage (and arent bleeds) that can't be blocked annoy me. especially if other tanks active mitigation does work on them.

early legion i was like "spell reflect reduces damage by 30%, finally something to use on boss abilities! amazing! just what i always wanted!" and then i found out just about every important boss ability now does physical damage. great.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-01-30 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    Hi, this is my log from our Skorpyron kill yesterday. I would appreciate some feedback. I think overall it was not a bad pull, but my HP spikes were crazy, I even died at some point. I used a 3 position strat for the arcane tethers. I was 100% on boss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aken&source=13

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc7d3a4c53a2; 2017-01-30 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hynack View Post
    Hi, this is my log from our Skorpyron kill yesterday. I would appreciate some feedback. I think overall it was not a bad pull, but my HP spikes were crazy, I even died at some point. I used a 3 position strat for the arcane tethers. I was 100% on boss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aken&source=13

Thanks
    Personally tanked the adds, but comparing our bear to you, you took about 30M more damage from arcane tether than he did. Might just be #bearthings though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    And devastator doesn't work. You can't autoattack while channeling it for some reason.
    Didn´t even think about that. Entirely correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    I don't have 4-set yet but it seems to me that Neltharion's fury would actually generate an insane amount of rage vs a lot of adds with constant crit blocks? Anyone who can confirm?