Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mexico has had trouble with illegal immigration for the last decade or so, ever since their economy has improved. Yes, Mexico deports them. I've made fun of Mexicans because of this because they were very critical of the US defending it's borders against illegal immigration and now they do the same.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It worked wonders in several areas of protection. Saying it didn't work is just a display of googled ignorance.

Trying looking up how the locals viewed it, and no, it did not serve its purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Mexico has had trouble with illegal immigration for the last decade or so, ever since their economy has improved. Yes, Mexico deports them. I've made fun of Mexicans because of this because they were very critical of the US defending it's borders against illegal immigration and now they do the same.
    Because the god damned wall wont accomplish a single thing.

See here's where fallacy in supporting the wall lies. People immediately go from "OH you don't want a wall? WELL YOU MUST LOVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!"

While I actually don't feel illegal immigration is even 1/50th the problem republicans make it out to be (It's literally one of their only two political talking points) they are IGNORING the fact that it doesn't actually do anything to stop illegal immigration. THAT is the point that needs to be addressed when talking about the wall, instead of assuming that it will work like a treat and immediately solve all problems.

Because nothing I have seen from ANY person of credibility (Sorry, Trump doesn't count) has said that the wall will stop illegal immigration or do much more than cost the American tax payer land and money.

I don't care if the wall is a good "token sign" of what America feels about its borders. That's irrelevant. "Well it shows we MEAN BUSINESS!" is an absolute horseshit argument. Literally the equivalent of barking with no bite.

Illegal immigrants usually come over... legally... and then overstay visas. How much does the wall prevent that from happening? Not one dicking bit.

The only thing I see coming out of this "wall" is the American taxpayer spending lots and lots and lots of money to build a pointless token gesture of Trump's ego that HE'LL conflate with the fact that illegal immigrant numbers are already dropping anyway and then claim to take credit for.

Illegal immigration won't be "solved," the problem wont change, and all we'll have gained is a blank check project for the American tax payer to waste money on.

If people haven't already gleaned this from the minute Trump started flapping his jaw about such a stupid prospect, I don't know what to tell you.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It worked wonders in several areas of protection. Saying it didn't work is just a display of googled ignorance.
    It didnt work. The mongols invaded and conquered china
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Mexico does not have a wall.
    Sure they do, its just not a single continuous wall. They have walls near populated areas and official border crossings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Mexico doesn't have a wall, they have a fence. Guess who else has a fence? The US.
    Yes because we would obviously have complete democrat support for a fence, but not a wall because only a wall can be racist while a fence obviously isn't racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico..._States_border
    they only have "effective control" of less than 700 miles (1,100 km) of the 1,954 miles (3,145 km) of total border, with an ability to actually prevent or stop illegal entries along 129 miles (208 km) of that border.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    It didnt work. The mongols invaded and conquered china
    As I said googled ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Trying looking up how the locals viewed it, and no, it did not serve its purpose.
    I don't care how locals viewed it. It served all its purposes just fine.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Sure they do, its just not a single continuous wall. They have walls near populated areas and official border crossings

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because we would obviously have complete democrat support for a fence, but not a wall because only a wall can be racist while a fence obviously isn't racist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico..._States_border
    Well, that's not really the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because the god damned wall wont accomplish a single thing.

See here's where fallacy in supporting the wall lies. People immediately go from "OH you don't want a wall? WELL YOU MUST LOVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!"

While I actually don't feel illegal immigration is even 1/50th the problem republicans make it out to be (It's literally one of their only two political talking points) they are IGNORING the fact that it doesn't actually do anything to stop illegal immigration. THAT is the point that needs to be addressed when talking about the wall, instead of assuming that it will work like a treat and immediately solve all problems.

Because nothing I have seen from ANY person of credibility (Sorry, Trump doesn't count) has said that the wall will stop illegal immigration or do much more than cost the American tax payer land and money.

I don't care if the wall is a good "token sign" of what America feels about its borders. That's irrelevant. "Well it shows we MEAN BUSINESS!" is an absolute horseshit argument. Literally the equivalent of barking with no bite.

Illegal immigrants usually come over... legally... and then overstay visas. How much does the wall prevent that from happening? Not one dicking bit.

The only thing I see coming out of this "wall" is the American taxpayer spending lots and lots and lots of money to build a pointless token gesture of Trump's ego that HE'LL conflate with the fact that illegal immigrant numbers are already dropping anyway and then claim to take credit for.

Illegal immigration won't be "solved," the problem wont change, and all we'll have gained is a blank check project for the American tax payer to waste money on.

If people haven't already gleaned this from the minute Trump started flapping his jaw about such a stupid prospect, I don't know what to tell you.
    I agree, put race aside completely the wall itself will not reduce illegal immigration, if people are desperate enough they'll find a way in or to stay illegally. It's also strongly harming diplomatic relations with Mexico and it's never fun if your neighbour hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    As I stated, which particular sect of American muslims are you referring to? If you don't know, can't tell, then stop being an ignorant mouth piece. It's stupid shit like your saying that is more likely to offend them then a visa ban from countries where their are hot beds of terrorism
    And I can't help it that you are too stupid to figure out there are Muslims in the US and the army that are born here and don't have a sect. Also none of the countries in the ban have ever done any act of terrorism against the US none, the ones that did are not on the list because they just happen to do business with Donald Trump.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-01-29 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To those who justify the ban, explain to me as a foreigner why countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, nations where terrorists came from and who did commit acts of terror on both americans in the US and abroad are not on the list if this list is indeed created to protect the nation from terrorists.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Definition of wall
    a : a high thick masonry structure forming a long rampart or an enclosure chiefly for defense —often used in plural
    b : a masonry fence around a garden, park, or estate
    c : a structure that serves to hold back pressure (as of water or sliding earth)

In context of discussion. The post was about Trump's Wall (see above for definition) and saying Mexico had a southern "wall". If you want to read my post it is not a continuous wall.
    Who gives a shit? Fence, barrier, walls, all serve a similar purpose which is to deter people from entering a specific area. Other countries have fences, walls= not racist. USA has a wall or fence=racist. Let's not even get into the fact that an inanimate object cannot be racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a shit? Fence, barrier, walls, all serve a similar purpose which is to deter people from entering a specific area. Other countries have fences, walls= not racist. USA has a wall or fence=racist. Let's not even get into the fact that an inanimate object cannot be racist.
    That would be a good argument, sadly for your case to not call the wall simply a wall to protect borders. We would have to ignore the call that immigrants mexicans are rapists, murders, job stealers, blight on society that inspired the creation of this wall and is something that people who voted for him also agreed with.

Now pair that together in the same week with a ban on another group of people, that has also previous been targeted and slammed with generalizations that were anything but flattering by the same person.

You have to be pretty ignorant and good at hand waving to claim that racism or discrimination of others isn't a core pillar of this administration. So don't play dumb, this isn't just about comparing walls but the whole ideology behind the building of that wall as promoted out of his own and that of his entourage mouth during his own campaign that is something you cannot deny.

But if it would ease your mind, i'm certain that human rights organizations and activists would call the building of a wall to keep people out, a human rights violation and a discriminatory act regardless were it is build, so you have that going for you

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    And I can't help it that you are too stupid to figure out there are Muslims in the US and the army that are born here and don't have a sect. Also none of the countries in the ban have ever done any act of terrorism against the US none, the ones that did are not on the list because they just happen to do business with Donald Trump.
    The way in which they practice their religion defines which sect they are in. It is not based on geographical location. Once again, if you actually knew anything about Islam or Muslims, you would know this. Instead, you demonstrate yet again how little you actually know besides being an obedient mouth piece on subjects you have essentially zero knowledge about.

Nowhere in the executive order Trump issued does he mention any of the countries involved. Nor does the executive order contain the word Muslim, Islam, or Islamist. The countries affected have been on a Homeland security list since 2015, prior to Trump taking office. They are on that list based on intelligence, not because they didn't do business with Trump or whatever dumb shit you believe. Its called the Terrorism Travel Prevention Act, signed into law, by your hero Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That would be a good argument, sadly for your case to not call the wall simply a wall to protect borders. We would have to ignore the call that immigrants mexicans are rapists, murders, job stealers, blight on society that inspired the creation of this wall and is something that people who voted for him also agreed with.

Now pair that together in the same week with a ban on another group of people, that has also previous been targeted and slammed with generalizations that were anything but flattering by the same person.

You have to be pretty ignorant and good at hand waving to claim that racism or discrimination of others isn't a core pillar of this administration. So don't play dumb, this isn't just about comparing walls but the whole ideology behind the building of that wall as promoted out of his own and that of his entourage mouth during his own campaign that is something you cannot deny.

But if it would ease your mind, i'm certain that human rights organizations and activists would call the building of a wall to keep people out, a human rights violation and a discriminatory act regardless were it is build, so you have that going for you
    Well when you put it like that I guess we are gonna have 700 miles of non racist "border protection barrier" and 1,254 miles of racist "border protection barrier". Enforcing immigration law under Obama, not racist. Enforcing immigration law under Trump, definitely racist. Obama suspends refugee apps for 6 months, totally not racist. Trump suspends immigration for 90 days, refugees for 120, totally racist. The lack of reason and logic you have is meme worthy.

10+ Year Old Account

Well when you put it like that I guess we are gonna have 700 miles of non racist "border protection barrier" and 1,254 miles of racist "border protection barrier". Enforcing immigration law under Obama, not racist. Enforcing immigration law under Trump, definitely racist. Obama suspends refugee apps for 6 months, totally not racist. Trump suspends immigration for 90 days, refugees for 120, totally racist. The lack of reason and logic you have is meme worthy.
    I am impressed by your skill to completely miss any point i made as to what causes the difference, by your intellect however not so much

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I am impressed by your skill to completely miss any point i made as to what causes the difference, by your intellect however not so much
    I missed your point because you don't have one

The way in which they practice their religion defines which sect they are in. It is not based on geographical location. Once again, if you actually knew anything about Islam or Muslims, you would know this. Instead, you demonstrate yet again how little you actually know besides being an obedient mouth piece on subjects you have essentially zero knowledge about.
    1) Use your Muslim psychic powers to know what country the US will be at war with in the middle east.
    2) Join the army.
    3) Unleash your Jihadi justice upon the infidels of different sects.
    4) Pretend to die protecting your fellow soldiers including non Muslims and other religion to fast track your way to heaven
    5) profit?

You should stop talking about knowledge when your theories are that of a raving lunatic.

Nowhere in the executive order Trump issued does he mention any of the countries involved. Nor does the executive order contain the word Muslim, Islam, or Islamist.
    If it is not a Muslim ban or about religion then why is there an exception in there for Christians?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    1) Use your Muslim psychic powers to know what country the US will be at war with in the middle east.
    2) Join the army.
    3) Unleash your Jihadi justice upon the infidels of different sects.
    4) Pretend to die protecting your fellow soldiers including non Muslims and other religion to fast track your way to heaven
    5) profit?

You should stop talking about knowledge when your theories are that of a raving lunatic.

If it is not a Muslim ban or about religion then why is there an exception in there for Christians?
    Nice ad hominem, kudos. The ignorance is strong with you

In yet a continued but not surprising show of stupidity, their is no mention of Christians in the executive order

In yet a continued but not surprising show of stupidity, their is no mention of Christians in the executive order
    Syrian Christians are exempted from the Syrian refugee ban, you are not only stupid but disconnected from reality true mark of a Trump cultist.

"Previous administrations made it “almost impossible” for Syrian Christian refugees to gain admission, Trump told the Christian Broadcasting Network Friday, although they were “horribly treated” in their country.

“If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible,” he said. “I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them.”

#alternativefacts #alternativereality.

10+ Year Old Account

*ahem*

Trump signs order temporarily halting admission of refugees, promises priority for Christians

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network earlier Friday, Trump was asked whether he would prioritize persecuted Christians in the Middle East for admission as refugees, and he replied, “Yes.”

“They’ve been horribly treated,” he said. “Do you know if you were a Christian in Syria it was impossible, at least very tough, to get into the United States? If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian it was almost impossible. And the reason that was so unfair — everybody was persecuted, in all fairness — but they were chopping off the heads of everybody, but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them."

That sounds like special treatment based on religion to me. Coming from Trump himself, directly, and literally.

Or was he lying? Because neither trait is endearing.

Incidentally, it's worth pointing out that all these refugees fleeing from people who are murdering them, especially when you personally say "everybody was persecuted, in all fairness" how, exactly, is it more important to help the Christians?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Syrian Christians are exempted from the Syrian refugee ban, you are not only stupid but disconnected from reality true mark of a Trump cultist.

"Previous administrations made it “almost impossible” for Syrian Christian refugees to gain admission, Trump told the Christian Broadcasting Network Friday, although they were “horribly treated” in their country.

“If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible,” he said. “I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them.”

#alternativefacts #alternativereality.
    Here is the full text of the executive order, from CNN of all places

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politi...-ban-refugees/

Paste that that to word pad, and find the word christian in there.

Go ahead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *ahem*

Trump signs order temporarily halting admission of refugees, promises priority for Christians

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network earlier Friday, Trump was asked whether he would prioritize persecuted Christians in the Middle East for admission as refugees, and he replied, “Yes.”

“They’ve been horribly treated,” he said. “Do you know if you were a Christian in Syria it was impossible, at least very tough, to get into the United States? If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian it was almost impossible. And the reason that was so unfair — everybody was persecuted, in all fairness — but they were chopping off the heads of everybody, but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them."

That sounds like special treatment based on religion to me. Coming from Trump himself, directly, and literally.

Or was he lying? Because neither trait is endearing.

Incidentally, it's worth pointing out that all these refugees fleeing from people who are murdering them, especially when you personally say "everybody was persecuted, in all fairness" how, exactly, is it more important to help the Christians?
    You to, show me where it says Christians are exempt in the order