Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    High elves for the Alliance and ogres/Mok'nathal(alternate timelines and whatever, they could just migrate over) on the Horde side.

Having no female model doesn't even make for a real arguement against having ogres on the Horde side. Just put in that they're extremely patriarchal and that's it. It would get backlash online and negative publicity - especially from women who don't even play WoW, but have heard that there is this MMO that doesn't allow you to create a female character.

Any other races don't make too much sense of having on either side. All the other options given could to a certain degree form a third and fourth faction or something, but definitely shouldn't be included into the current ones.

In terms of the suggested drakonids... I'd rather see no additions to either faction, instead of seeing them added.
    Traveler gave us a look at what female ogres look like:

Besides, plenty of races are patriarchal (quilboar, dwarves and trolls) but still have female models. Honestly though, as much as I like ogres, at this point I think I'd rather just see Mok'nathal added as a playable race or even just a subrace. Maybe then they could give the Alliance half-elves (since high elves are pretty rare and likely won't ever be playable).

Obviously you can modify their models to make them look unique enough from orcs and ogres or humans and Thalassian (b/h) elves while allowing them to retain a little of both identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Having no female model doesn't even make for a real arguement against having ogres on the Horde side. Just put in that they're extremely patriarchal and that's it.
    /facepalm

Or just make female models and no problem?

Draenei had no female models before being made playable race in TBC (only male broken models existed). Worgens had no female model before being made playable race in Cataclysm (there were male worgen in Duskwood, Grizzly Hills, Shadowfang Keep etc.)

Also: Pandarens had no models in game whatsover before MOP. Just the pandaren monk minipet. Blood Elves had no proper models before TBC (you can check the square people in the ghost village in northwestern Ghostlands*, that's the old High Elf / Blood Elf model). That the race doesn't have a well working model now is not a barrier.

* - like this one: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16326/que...raith#comments
    Completely different model than the blood elf / high elf model, even compared to its pre-WOD version.

No more races please. I'd much rather have sub races, amani trolls, maghar orcs, tribal tattoos for orcs, less rotten forsaken, different builds for humans.... i could probably go on, but you catch my drift.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Why? And when did they say this? Since several people repeat the same line I presume Blizzard indeed said it somewhere I must have missed it, maybe it was even long ago in MOP, but any reasoning they said for it? All I remember is they "didn't want to deny any faction the awesomeness that are Pandaren" (whether people find them awesome or the opposite is completely personal preference ofc).

They said they do not like giving races to both factions, but did not want to deny either side the pandas.

But thats not the main reason you wont see helves on the alliance or syndicate humans on the Horde for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dextrosity View Post
    No more races please. I'd much rather have sub races, amani trolls, maghar orcs, tribal tattoos for orcs, less rotten forsaken, different builds for humans.... i could probably go on, but you catch my drift.
    I think we could use more customization options for characters. Give humans, dwarves, tauren, pandaren, orcs and trolls tattoo and warpaint options. Give goblins and gnomes machine augmentation options like mechanicals eyes and arms.

But I don't think any of those are really subrace worthy. You could easily just throw in those added customization features and skins without having to modify anything else.

I wouldn't see any new races from Azeroth being added. Maybe Ogre's for Horde, unknown for alliance. If anything I would like to see the sub-races more than anything at the moment. Now what they could do is after we go to Argus and come back, then lets say its "old god" expansion. Then we start to planet hop to completely wipe out Legion and or the Void Lords. Then they could add more races as we go to different planets and free them from Legion control or gain allies to take on next big threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Generally in most expansions seemed to me the graphics / sound / visual design team managed on time but the system and class balance team didn't. If any expansion releases something unfinished it's usually in the department of class balance or scrapped questlines, sometimes messy professions. The only time visual design team was behind is when they had to revamp all of the old races, which was 10 races not 2 (since they skipped goblins / worgen), and they didn't manage in time so Blood Elves got delayed and some races got super rushed (male Night Elf for example, Trolls I think as well had lots of animation tweaks later on, female Draenei faces were tweaked 2-3 times too).

Personally I'd rather get 2 new races in Legion than remodel of squirrels, bunnies, bears, moarg demons and succubi. If that's the opportunity cost, I'm fine with it. Some people might disagree.

But that's what the graphic team is doing, for sure it wouldn't "cost us a raid tier" at worst the bosses would have re-used models from somewhere or only slightly modified ones. And for sure it's not the same team that caused all the Legion pet peeves like specs being clunky to play, pvp imbalance or stupid legendary system. All of these are nothing related to 3d graphics or animation team.
    It's not just about creating new models, they also need to create a starting location, a capital, quests, etc. That's a lot of work for ... what? new lore?

I'd much rather have sub-races as well. I forgot who the poster was, but someone made some edits on current races to show us some potential sub-races, and I've been on the hype-train ever since.

I wonder though, if they did indeed add sub-races, would they each get their own starting zone? Sounds like a lot of work but I guess we'll see what the devs will come up with.

I would rather they do sub-races before adding entire new ones. We have enough races right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    /facepalm

Or just make female models and no problem?

Draenei had no female models before being made playable race in TBC (only male broken models existed). Worgens had no female model before being made playable race in Cataclysm (there were male worgen in Duskwood, Grizzly Hills, Shadowfang Keep etc.)

Also: Pandarens had no models in game whatsover before MOP. Just the pandaren monk minipet. Blood Elves had no proper models before TBC (you can check the square people in the ghost village in northwestern Ghostlands*, that's the old High Elf / Blood Elf model). That the race doesn't have a well working model now is not a barrier.

* - like this one: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16326/que...raith#comments
    Completely different model than the blood elf / high elf model, even compared to its pre-WOD version.
    So because worgen and draenei didn't have a female model before their release as playable races, the same pattern must be applied to ogres?

Releasing a female-model only is something I am supportive of too, as long as it is aesthetically and artistically acceptable. That being said, it is not the gender that I am looking at; it is the art and concept behind it. By bringing up the female model, you've shown that you've strayed away from the point of my post as bringing in both genders was never an issue in terms of the genders themselves, but the way of making them artistically acceptable.

Female ogres would be an eye-sore.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-01-29 at 04:06 PM.

Sub races.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Besides, plenty of races are patriarchal (quilboar, dwarves and trolls) but still have female models. Honestly though, as much as I like ogres, at this point I think I'd rather just see Mok'nathal added as a playable race or even just a subrace. Maybe then they could give the Alliance half-elves (since high elves are pretty rare and likely won't ever be playable).
    That is exactly why I've brought these two up; high elves on the Alliance side and Mok'nathal on the Horde side. Limited in numbers lore-wise, yet still tied to these respective factions.

In all honesty though, I highly doubt numbers are something Blizzard break their heads over. There are not that many blood elves left in WoW's universe in the first place, yet they're one of the most popular races within the Horde and have been the most popular one for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    Why do you hope there won't be any more?
    Even if you don't care about playing anything new, it doesn't affect you in any way if they add more races.
    It affects everyone because it would introduce more balancing issues. We have enough already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then you would have to do away with an Alliance existing race due to the fact they would have one more than Horde so no.The only way it could be a yes would be if you opened up Worgen to Horde as well.
    Worgen fighting alongside Forsaken? There's no way that's going to happen.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    Oh god no, that'd be horrible.
    Who would control the feet? Who does what? Attack or heal? Both?

Gear, transmog.
    It'd be a clusterfuck.
    Ogres being controlled by two players were the April Fools joke from Blizzard in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Worgen fighting alongside Forsaken? There's no way that's going to happen.
    Ralaar Fangfire was allied with the forsaken, though most of his pack was scattered through the winds once he died.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Ogres being controlled by two players were the April Fools joke from Blizzard in 2004.
    thanks.

i wasnt around back then so i didnt know.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Really would love to have Ogres as a playable race for the Horde, but not sure for the other faction. I don't play that faction at all
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    We know that the Horde will probably get ogres at some point, but what could be the next playable Alliance race?

High elves are extremely unlikely considering that lore-wise they're a minority of a minority and aren't really different enough from blood elves.

WoD would have been a great time to introduce arrakoa as playable, but that time has passed.

Naga and dryads/keepers would basically break established game mechanics and ultimately end up as a conceptual clusterfuck for Blizz to try and implement.

So, here's my candidate for a possible playable race:

Dragonman or another Dragon/Reptilian race

While drakonids and dragonspawns present problems that prevent them from being playable, another humanoid dragon-like race is feasible. You have dragonmen which are already in-game and with a few tweaks they could easily fit within the Alliance.
    "High elves are extremely unlikely considering that lore-wise they're a minority of a minority ..."

Goblins would like a word with you.

Deleted
    No more new races please. But instead: More character customization; height, muscularity, tattoos etc. (As an orc I would be happy if I could choose from brown, black, red or gray skin colours..) Subraces of existing races would be nice addition too.
    Last edited by mmocf2a505393c; 2017-01-29 at 09:02 PM. Reason: typo