Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "What I did, I did without choice.. In the name of peace and sanity"

RIP
    Gallifrey falls no more.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Only a couple more months to go , it feels like years since we had the last full season.....oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Only a couple more months to go , it feels like years since we had the last full season.....oh wait...
    I would just like Mr Huffle squeek toy.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38805151

Capaldi leaving at the end of the year.

LET THE SPECULATION COMMENCE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38805151

Capaldi leaving at the end of the year.

LET THE SPECULATION COMMENCE!
    I kind of saw this coming....but tbh he really won't be missed like Tennant or Smith.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I kind of saw this coming....but tbh he really won't be missed like Tennant or Smith.
    Unfortunately true but I don't think it was really capaldi's fault. I think it was moffat, Clara and just not having enough time with us. I was looking forward to a moffat free season with him though

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad days. He was probably the best actor to take up the role, but he just never really settled into it and thus seemed to get a fair amount of hate from the fans... I'm going to blame Moffat, because he's the easy target.

And because it's KINDA his fault...

Finger crossed that whoever Chibnal brings in (spoiler warning, it'll be a PoC, probably a woman), they get a bit more love from the Whovians and can settle into the role a bit more comfortably.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sad days. He was probably the best actor to take up the role, but he just never really settled into it and thus seemed to get a fair amount of hate from the fans... I'm going to blame Moffat, because he's the easy target.

And because it's KINDA his fault...

Finger crossed that whoever Chibnal brings in (spoiler warning, it'll be a PoC, probably a woman), they get a bit more love from the Whovians and can settle into the role a bit more comfortably.
    He was just a polar opposite doctor from Tennant or Smith. It took me a while to get used to him. I'm ok with him now though.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Unfortunately true but I don't think it was really capaldi's fault. I think it was moffat, Clara and just not having enough time with us. I was looking forward to a moffat free season with him though
    I think his best episode was the one where he was all alone in the mind prison.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely not happy with this, but we all saw it coming. Tbh I blame Moffat and the year break. I really wanted to see him around with someone else's good writing.
    BAD WOLF

About time the worst doctor to date hands down.

He is incredible actor but he does not fit the Doctor mold at all.

FUCK EVERYTHING!

PETER WAS THE BEST DOCTOR!

FUCK THE OLYMPICS!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I kinda liked Capaldi, although I haven't seen all of his episodes. I get that he's a bit different, but is he really the worst of all time? Worse than Sylvester McCoy?

I'll admit that I'm not that wild about the post-millennium doctors (scarf imo), and as I've seen more of the reruns, I find Tennant increasingly annoying.

It's too bad though, most roles like this tend to take a few years for the actor to really find his footing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For someone to be so into Who, I've got to think there is more to this than simply him saying he's never stayed in one thing for too long. I have heard that filming Who has become a nightmare for the Doctor. It's basically year round, nonstop, so it gets exhausting. Like having a job where you can never, ever have vacation time or do anything else.

That being said, if my job was to be an actor at all much less be the mother fraking Doctor I would be perfectly content with that.
    BAD WOLF

Such a shame i think Capaldi was the best doctor of the new series.

Though i must admit he was fucked over by moffat and his shitty writing in the later episodes. Also i think nu who fans dont like the idea of a older doctor and thats what he had going against him.

So i guess we will be going back to some 25 yearold hipster which i dont think the doctor should be but hey thats just my opinion from someone who is a fan of both the classic show and the new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    For someone to be so into Who, I've got to think there is more to this than simply him saying he's never stayed in one thing for too long. I have heard that filming Who has become a nightmare for the Doctor. It's basically year round, nonstop, so it gets exhausting. Like having a job where you can never, ever have vacation time or do anything else.

That being said, if my job was to be an actor at all much less be the mother fraking Doctor I would be perfectly content with that.
    Plus the pay aint that great compared to what a actor could get from doing American TV and films. I would expect to see this doctor merry go round happen ever 2 years cause lets face it playing the doctor is a huge double edge sword where the role can make a unknown very famous (matt smith) but with it comes the fear of typecasting that can ruin a actor plus like you said the work schedule is huge and the pay not as great and actors find they have to turn down more lucrative roles to play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some of the Contenders the BBC has put up

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38808070

I swear Tim Roth would be awesome as a doctor but i cant see that happening.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-01-31 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realy like Capaldi as an actor, and i think he played the doctor well, its just his episodes didn't seem that good, coupled with an annoying companion, and then what looks to be an even more annoying companion in the next series and the massive break between seasons, im not surprised he didn't stay long.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    He was just a polar opposite doctor from Tennant or Smith. It took me a while to get used to him. I'm ok with him now though.
    Yup, I think if it had gone Eccleston > Tennant > Capaldi > Smith, or Eccleston > Capaldi > Tennant > Smith people would have had a much easier time adjusting to him... But having two VERY bouncy energetic doctors followed by this dour scotsman... It was too jarring for people who had grown up expecting the Doctor to be one way, then suddenly having him be very different.

The question now becomes... Will Chris do his own thing and cast who he wants, OR will he bow to the masses and cast another Tennat clone Doctor?

EDIT: Seeing a lot of talk of Tara Fitzgerald being Capaldi's replacement... Shocking...
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-01-31 at 02:59 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yup, I think if it had gone Eccleston > Tennant > Capaldi > Smith, or Eccleston > Capaldi > Tennant > Smith people would have had a much easier time adjusting to him... But having two VERY bouncy energetic doctors followed by this dour scotsman... It was too jarring for people who had grown up expecting the Doctor to be one way, then suddenly having him be very different.

The question now becomes... Will Chris do his own thing and cast who he wants, OR will he bow to the masses and cast another Tennat clone Doctor?

EDIT: Seeing a lot of talk of Tara Fitzgerald being Capaldi's replacement... Shocking...
    I don't know how I feel about a female doctor. I mean it just feels forced now that everybody is trying to make their diversity quota. I'm not against the idea of a female doctor but I just feel like it's a bad time for it right now and is going to feel forced. I just hope that if they do that they won't turn her into a stereotype like they did with that shitty new ghostbusters movie here in the states.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine this: Doctor Clara Oswald
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Imagine this: Doctor Clara Oswald
    Careful, you might find yourself infracted for posting stuff like that.