Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Nighthold, Patch 7.2 - Quests and Crafted Legendary Items, Heroes of the Dorm

Necromancer Blizzard Q&A: Unique Class Weapon, Golem, and Gameplay Information

Top Decks of the Week for January 29

Mythic Nighthold Progression
    Several guilds are now at 8/10, followed by 20 guilds at 7/10.

Patch 7.2 - New Quests
    Several new quests were added in Patch 7.2, including new profession quests! These quests have you collect materials before you can craft the new legendary items.

Patch 7.2 - Crafted Legendary Items
    The new crafted legendary items currently don't have a proc. All of them require 65 x Blood of Sargeras, profession specific materials, legendary materials from the above quest line, and a Felessence Legion-Flask.

The Flask has creation spells in the database, being upgraded from an Empty Felessence Vessel to the Felessence Legion-Flask through Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and finally a legendary version.

Legendary Profession Quests

Crafted Items

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Developer Communication
    If only the class balance Devs in WoW listened to the community like the Devs in Overwatch. et al are way too prideful to care.
    .I'm honestly really curious where this idea comes from. What gives this impression? Is it because we talk through @WarcraftDevs? (Celestalon)
    (As opposed to as individual developers through personal accounts) (Celestalon)

I can just see how someone might think the OW team is more responsive. I do really like their community team.
    Absolutely. I agree with all of this. WoW and Overwatch are different games, and so communication styles for one... (Celestalon)
    ...may not work as well for the other. Like for us, the communication that our most engaged players really want... (Celestalon)
    ...is spec-specific, resulting in it taking 36x as long to get to everyone. Much harder to provide value to all. (Celestalon)

Truly and honestly, something is not being communicated properly to the Devs via CM's. Wh… https://t.co/hDuHQuBggm
    I don't think anyone on either side disagrees that more communication is desired/needed. It's just an *extremely* hard problem. (Celestalon)
    As a developer myself I don't see how hard it is to take 30 mins of your time everyday to actually read… https://t.co/JnK3Pb2zBf
    You are *sorely* mistaken if you don't think we spend at least 30min of our day reading feedback. Probably between 2-10x that. (Celestalon)
    Problem is, there are 36 specs, each of which have vital feedback. Just reading feedback takes time, let alone responding to it. (Celestalon)
    is it too much to ask the designers to post on class forums weekly to discuss whats going on in the team?
    A weekly update on every class, let alone every spec, would likely consume >20% of our dev time. Hard to justify. (Celestalon)

Classes
    Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Survival feels significantly worse now that we have to click to cast explosive trap in front of us.
    how would you ideally want traps to work? (Muffinus)

MM the sniper class fantasy with no fan. Or tasy for that manner.
    New rotation woes? Dislike vuln? (Muffinus)

Lore
    Hi,are Odyn's golden valkyrs made of Light since they use Light spells while the Lich King's dark valkyrs beings of Shadow?
    Lich King subjugated valkyr and converted them to servants of the Scourge. As opposed to creating brand new ones. (Alex_Afrasiabi)
    I see. Could you confirm that the Odyn's golden valkyrs are made of Light as suggested ingame by their Light spells and all?
    Light is source of life on Azeroth. Safe to say that they are affected in some way by it, as are all (most) living things (Alex_Afrasiabi)

Misc
    jolly ranchers are not soluble in vodka (Muffinus)

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Upcoming Legendary Changes
    I have thoroughly enjoyed most aspects of legion. I consider myself a top tier raider, however im not able to play at a high level because of the rng on top of rng legendary system. Ive been benched in 2 guilds because of it and ended up taking a break for 3 weeks due to frustration. Many others and myself included have had the displeasure of receiving 3 utility legendary in a row. This has to be the most terrible experience, I've had in all the years I've played wow (since early vanilla).

Blizzard, id really like to stress this, ill say it again. I cant begin to explain to you how terrible it feels to players, who have received 3 non dps increase legendary in a row. How can this amount of in-game tragedy be allowed? It is disgusting. You have created an incredible expansion, don't you have any pride? Why hasn't something, anything been done about this? Please, respond! Anything!

There are a fair number of additions/tweaks in 7.2 to the legendary system. They've not been introduced on PTR yet but they are coming and this is something we will be actively seeking feedback on. Some of the issues that you highlight are things that we are hoping to ameliorate with these changes.

Please have patience with us as we roll out new quest/feature content on PTR next week and then move into rolling out the item/reward/systems changes. It is a bit of staged progressive rollout to focus testing and feedback but there are additional changes coming.

Please continue to supply feedback throughout this process though. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Frost Mage - Brain Freeze
    The counter then is when you follow a frostbolt with an Ebonbolt. Right now the brain freeze proc happens quick enough to abort the cast. If it's delayed I'd be much further along and it would be a bigger dps loss to cancel.

Edit: not trying to be difficult, just want to avoid getting a new problem.

Stating again that this is not a fully-formed plan yet, but to make sure I was clear: my expectation in that case is that you would cast Frostbolt->Ebonbolt->Flurry->Ice Lance->Flurry->Ice Lance (where Ebonbolt's Brain Freeze appears a split-second after the first Flurry). We would not want it to be optimal to abort the Ebonbolt cast, in any case. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Heroes of the Dorm
    Heroes of the Dorm is back again this year! You can read more about it on the official site.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-01-29 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Those legendaries are really underwhelming. Hoping for some buffs soon (tm)

Deleted
    I do wonder if Blizzard currently have any class designers actually playing a hunter.
    They seem fairly clueless when it comes to the class.

7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

I really hope they have something in stall for the rest of the crafting professions. I would feel obligated to take on one of the above mentioned professions for the legendary item it can provide.

Something like a reusable flask with higher stats, a trinket for scribes or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    I really hope they have something in stall for the rest of the crafting professions. I would feel obligated to take on one of the above mentioned professions for the legendary item it can provide.

Something like a reusable flask with higher stats, a trinket for scribes or something like that.
    so the advantage of printing money is not good enough for you?

months of good mm hunter feedback.. and then this blue response..
    what is fucking false with their brains?
    twitter is not a communication base for this!

crafted legendaries is wasted dev time..
    who need this c-class legendaries?
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2017-01-29 at 10:51 PM.

The crafted legendary items are BOP? That's not very fair to people who craft one armor but wear another! Not only do they have no reason to do the quest, but they also lose access to the legendary.

Deleted
    I realy hope they add other slots... leather is boots, all 3 rogue specs got BiS/second BiS legs on boots slot....

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That feel when idiots compare the Balance system in WoW to OverWatch.

Can always spot armchair devs a mile away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    The crafted legendary items are BOP? That's not very fair to people who craft one armor but wear another! Not only do they have no reason to do the quest, but they also lose access to the legendary.
    You want the crafted legendaries to be BoE?

If ur an cloth user and is LW/BS, ur doing it wrong.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

All the Hunter QQ and I still can see them on the logs .. But this always happen when they make an Idiot prof class like Huntard in WOD and then make it complicated ... It is obvious that 90% of this Tards will hit the brick wall . Welcome to the real world guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are the legendary goggles? FU BLIZZ, the 880 ones were obsolete 2 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post

if im a mail user and im jc/engineering i'm doing it wrong? because crafted gear has always been so amazing.

the amount of times i use the amazing crafted engineering helms......Kappa.

so yes they should be BoE but the legendary parts are required to upgrade them and make them legendary, otherwise it's retarded forcing everyone to craft their own gear, that hasn't been a thing since like tbc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post

Main: Mail user with herbalism/mining...am I doing it wrong?:P
    Alt: Plate user with jewelcrafting/alchemy....wrong again? :P

Or perhaps Blizz again (as always) far away from reality?

Going on the legendary item blue response....I honestly don't think they truly realize the problem with the legendary system....They introduced a Diablo-esque system for legendaries and that's fine....However there is a reason that system works in Diablo...and not in wow...I think on my mage(one of my alts) there are 18 legendaries maybe? 18 for the entire class...That's including the new Leg trinket, Prydaz and Sephuz. So 15 exclusive mage legendaries...even if you got one a week it would take almost six months to get them all...really it would be 4.5-5 calendar months(which is still a long time). Now, getting to why it works in Diablo...In diablo there's hundreds of legendaries...they also relatively change your build even if slightly. It creates different ways to play. That is the exact opposite of what Legion legendaries are doing. They are forcing you to stay one spec or one build. Mostly because, they don't drop frequently enough to encourage changing anything up. Everyone who plays 10 hours a week at this point should honestly really have most of their legendaries...yes it reduces the meaning behind getting one....but I would much rather than than the garbage fire that is the current legendary system.

The crafted legendaries are on the unique cap (max 1, with perk, 2). I don't see why you need to gripe about it, seeing as they are inferior to the legendaries with procs/uses. As far I can see these are best for alts without legendaries.

If any, they should be bind on account. That would solve things.
    Last edited by Jin84; 2017-01-30 at 04:59 AM.

Those items are "legendary" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Holycrap1 View Post
    so the advantage of printing money is not good enough for you?
    This isn't all people care about. I just use my professions for my self. I have no interest in using them to make money. I'd prefer I got the option to craft something to help myself than to to make gold. Yes, I understand I could use the gold to buy gear but the process of getting the gold bores the crap out of me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Main: Mail user with herbalism/mining...am I doing it wrong?:P
    Alt: Plate user with jewelcrafting/alchemy....wrong again? :P

Or perhaps Blizz again (as always) far away from reality?
    Or they just want to reward Crafting professions with something cool if you put the work in?

Everyone is entitled to everything it seems these days

Deleted
    So a newly created item is legendary? Makes sense...