Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Because people like you think the game should pander to Mythic players, they are a tiny minority. Why should the entire game change for the 1%?
    Becuase it's the top "1%".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah Competition was so great when the 1 or 2 people in your Guild that you spent weeks getting the shards/fragments for to finish their legendary suddenly jumped ship to another guild!!

Yeah competition was great when the one Rogue in your Guild that got Fangs of the Father off of EVERYONES Work became an arrogant asshole because he did the highest DPS in guild because of 1 legendary!

Yeah competition was great when you had 1-2 healer mains get benched because someone got Valanyr and group just needed more DPS instead!

- - - Updated - - -

The top Mythic guilds didn't bench players without BiS legendaries either. so why bother discussing any of this at all. People are using Legendaries as a crutch.
    Yes they did. They forced them to play on alts that had better legendaries.
    A player can be good enough that they still want him or her on the team but their mains weren't welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Becuase it's the top "1%".

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they did. They forced them to play on alts that had better legendaries.
    A player can be good enough that they still want him or her on the team but their mains weren't welcome.
    and this i different from being forced to play alts for class stacking because?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they did. They forced them to play on alts that had better legendaries..
    No they didn't, At all. they said a few who got Legendaries on Alts changed if they wanted to, no one was forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    No they didn't, At all. they said a few who got Legendaries on Alts changed if they wanted to, no one was forced.
    Bullshit and you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    and this i different from being forced to play alts for class stacking because?
    It's not that big of a difference. Stacking the right classes is something you still do though. But now it's not just about balance but about luck as well.

getting loot has always been about luck.

I dunno what to say about heroic being tourist mode, i guess that makes the lfr blindfold 1 hand tied behind back mode. whatever supports your temper tantrum. I still have fun, and that is the key word here, fun. obviously your not having any, which sucks for you. hold on while I find my miniature violin.

let me just say this, everyone shits on the lfr being easy mode but ill tell everyone right now, if it wasn't for the tanks and healers carrying all the semi afk dps it would be a perpetual wipe fest. so thank your tanks and healers for making it faceroll for you. as a healer the lfr can be harder than the normal, when everyone thinks 'hey i can stand in everything and completely ignore all the mechanics' you can, but your not the one who has to pop all their cooldowns to keep your dumb ass alive.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-29 at 12:21 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that big of a difference. Stacking the right classes is something you still do though. But now it's not just about balance but about luck as well.
    good, so with a bit of luck you maybe can play your class, its a improvement

I had 4 utility legendaries aswell before I got my 5th which is 2nd best for my spec. Recently my 6th legendary dropped and it was utility aswell. But i'm not worried though since pretty much every legendary from this point will be a good one. It also Seems like you don't play that much if you only have 4 legendaries. I'm far from playing hardcore, but the more you play and do stuff that has a chance to drop legendary the more likely it is for you to get one.

good, so with a bit of luck you maybe can play your class, its a improvement
    I can play my class. I got lucky with the legendaries but that doesn't chance the fact that it's poorly designed.
    I had to scrap my hunter after around 800 M+ and not a single DPS increasing legendarie though.

My warrior got the best one he could get after just a few weeks however.

I can play my class. I got lucky with the legendaries but that doesn't chance the fact that it's poorly designed.
    I had to scrap my hunter after around 800 M+ and not a single DPS increasing legendarie though.

My warrior got the best one he could get after just a few weeks however.
    you are in a top10 guild?

I don't mind the rng in WOW, even with the legendaries.

I just wish they would fix their random algorithm so it was a actually more random.

I am sorry, but when you get the same pants five weeks in a row, that is just not "random" and something is wrong with the way your system is working.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I much preferred grinding out valor to buy upgrades and grinding for the legendaries as we used to do in the past.
    I have to agree with this. Also, the gear for VP also helped with runs of bad luck. I have cleared h EN many times and the only gear I have gotten out of it is gear that people traded me because they didn;t need it.

If we still had VP like we did in the past, I would have something to show for my time.

The random legendaries don't make the legendaries fell very, well, "legendary."

The quest did better, but not sure I like a quest that takes the whole x pac then you get a legendary for a quick minute and then it goes in your bank to rust forever.....

Not sure how I would do it, but I think the whole "legendary" idea and concept needs some work in WOW.

I do like the artifacts system though, although the way ap works needs some work.

That is one of blizz problems, they always like to change everything each x pac- so systems get designed, but never perfected.

you are in a top10 guild?
    Top 10 in the world?
    No, not quite.

People seem to forget that for a lot of players a lot of the fun in raiding comes from not just downing bosses, but also the competition between raid members, and other warlocks on wow logs in my ilvl range. In the past if I was pulling far smaller numbers than the other warlocks in my iLvL tier I would review my logs, research the nuances of the rotation and make adjustments to catch up.But now those numbers are so screwed because some legendary are literally a 100k dps increase over other legendaries and their is absolutely nothing I can do to bridge that gap. That removes a massive portion of the fun for me I have in this game. Now when I look at my logs and see a blue parse on my part I know a massive reason for it being so low is that 40% of that is due to others having the legendary belt combined with another dps legendary over my massively nerfed braces with the utility neck. So now all I can do is farm boring Raid Finders, Normal Raids in hopes of getting my 4th legendary which I pray is the belt. Because without it I truly cannot do what I enjoy doing which is competing against others in my iLvL range on the logs.

I don't want to feel like i'm being carried in my raid because of wrong legendaries, I don't strive for a participation trophy like some.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryman View Post
    Hi all,

I do not where to start but recently I am more and more frustrated from legendary system. At first I was very excited about legendary system and I was really looking forward and I really did not understand the negative feedback about legendary system from others players. I was not angry when some people got 4 legendaries at start of Legion because of bug I was not angry that a lot of guildies got their BiS legendary while I got neck and chest. Because Blizzard stated before start of expension than in 3 months after launch all players who are playing often will have their BiS legendary.

So I was waiting and waiting. At the moment I got 4 legendaries of 10 and all 4 legendary are utility one after 4 months. It means that I got one legendary per month (on average 4 hours per day). So In the worst scenario I can get my BiS legendary during summer (9 months after launch).

There comes the frustration. The legendary system destroyed the competition and fun I had during the raids in the past . Really I loved the competition and thinking How to improve my skill to be better and to have better logs and parses and now without legendaries it is impossible. Our guild is semi-hardcore guild we have cuting edge achievment and I really like the theme and the direction of the game but legendary system destroyed the competition and fun within the guild.

My fellow mages got their BiS legendary and they are having fun but for ppl without BiS legendary it is really impossible to compete and obviously it is not fun and this people are getting more and more frustrated. For example when the mage get the dragon breathe helm in NH it is just brutal increase of dps because almost every boss has adds. Belt and bracers are awesome for ST and they increase your dmg together by 20 % and so on. Each pull I am exhausted I am thinking ahead when use trinkets, swap talents for each boss, watching timers, planning ahead and so on and at the end with the same item level I am behind even if I play better than them because I have only utility one legendary. During Emerald nightmare it was not so big problem because there were more ppl without BiS these days but now more ppl got their BiS one while we unlucky people are getting more and more behind in parses, logs and so on. Some ppl even can swap their BiS legendary for each boss. Boss has adds Ok I equip dragon helm and trinket ok there is not adds only ST ok I will equip belt and bracer. For unlucky people as me this is not fun and I really do not know how to survive and what to do till I got my dps legendary too.

I am interested how many people have the same frustration as I do and what are their thoughts about this and maybe some recommendations. I know that people with good legendary items will not agree with me and I understand that they have zero frustration but I think that generally it is bad design.

I really like the game.

Thank you for your opinions.

Have a nice day.

S.
    Really. it "DESTROYED THE COMPETITION"

cause if you got straight utility and you can out dps a class with non utility thats one hell of a competition to complete right there...

plus, cutting edge isnt hard to get seeing as its not really time locked. if you could only get it the first few weeks that would be completely different, but its UNTIL THE NEXT RAID IS RELEASED. man...people actually think cutting edge achieve means a damn anymore, its really kinda sad.

oh, and blizz never said BiS would be had by everyone. they said A LEGENDARY OR TWO
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Really. it "DESTROYED THE COMPETITION"

cause if you got straight utility and you can out dps a class with non utility thats one hell of a competition to complete right there...

plus, cutting edge isnt hard to get seeing as its not really time locked. if you could only get it the first few weeks that would be completely different, but its UNTIL THE NEXT RAID IS RELEASED. man...people actually think cutting edge achieve means a damn anymore, its really kinda sad.

oh, and blizz never said BiS would be had by everyone. they said A LEGENDARY OR TWO
    If you have 2 utility and out dps someone of the same class with 2 dps legendary you really need to have a talk with the guy with the dps about their performance and how to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryman View Post
    Hi all,

I do not where to start but recently I am more and more frustrated from legendary system. At first I was very excited about legendary system and I was really looking forward and I really did not understand the negative feedback about legendary system from others players. I was not angry when some people got 4 legendaries at start of Legion because of bug I was not angry that a lot of guildies got their BiS legendary while I got neck and chest. Because Blizzard stated before start of expension than in 3 months after launch all players who are playing often will have their BiS legendary.

So I was waiting and waiting. At the moment I got 4 legendaries of 10 and all 4 legendary are utility one after 4 months. It means that I got one legendary per month (on average 4 hours per day). So In the worst scenario I can get my BiS legendary during summer (9 months after launch).

There comes the frustration. The legendary system destroyed the competition and fun I had during the raids in the past . Really I loved the competition and thinking How to improve my skill to be better and to have better logs and parses and now without legendaries it is impossible. Our guild is semi-hardcore guild we have cuting edge achievment and I really like the theme and the direction of the game but legendary system destroyed the competition and fun within the guild.

My fellow mages got their BiS legendary and they are having fun but for ppl without BiS legendary it is really impossible to compete and obviously it is not fun and this people are getting more and more frustrated. For example when the mage get the dragon breathe helm in NH it is just brutal increase of dps because almost every boss has adds. Belt and bracers are awesome for ST and they increase your dmg together by 20 % and so on. Each pull I am exhausted I am thinking ahead when use trinkets, swap talents for each boss, watching timers, planning ahead and so on and at the end with the same item level I am behind even if I play better than them because I have only utility one legendary. During Emerald nightmare it was not so big problem because there were more ppl without BiS these days but now more ppl got their BiS one while we unlucky people are getting more and more behind in parses, logs and so on. Some ppl even can swap their BiS legendary for each boss. Boss has adds Ok I equip dragon helm and trinket ok there is not adds only ST ok I will equip belt and bracer. For unlucky people as me this is not fun and I really do not know how to survive and what to do till I got my dps legendary too.

I am interested how many people have the same frustration as I do and what are their thoughts about this and maybe some recommendations. I know that people with good legendary items will not agree with me and I understand that they have zero frustration but I think that generally it is bad design.

I really like the game.

Thank you for your opinions.

Have a nice day.

S.
    Hmm gee, people who don't have the BiS Legendary will always agree with you, those with them or with other good legendaries will always not agree with you ...

Way to post a constructive topic, its totally bias and single minded from the start.

Can you have fun with no legendarys or utility legendarys ... yes
    Can you perform as well ... no

Performance is not related to fun directly, and while you should always do the best you can its not the be all and end all. The world will not end if you do 400K dps instead of 450K dps as long as 400K dps is good for your current gear.

As annoying as a RNG system is, there;s no stopping anyone having fun or enjoying themselves, unless your so singly focused on "gotta be number one on thr dps meters" that is eclipses everything else, in which case I do wonder if WoW is the right game for you because last I heard its a group based game not a single player.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming soon legendary badge vendor, then players can complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Hmm gee, people who don't have the BiS Legendary will always agree with you, those with them or with other good legendaries will always not agree with you ...

Way to post a constructive topic, its totally bias and single minded from the start.

Can you have fun with no legendarys or utility legendarys ... yes
    Can you perform as well ... no

Performance is not related to fun directly, and while you should always do the best you can its not the be all and end all. The world will not end if you do 400K dps instead of 450K dps as long as 400K dps is good for your current gear.

As annoying as a RNG system is, there;s no stopping anyone having fun or enjoying themselves, unless your so singly focused on "gotta be number one on thr dps meters" that is eclipses everything else, in which case I do wonder if WoW is the right game for you because last I heard its a group based game not a single player.
    I guess some people are happy with participation trophies, others want to make the plays that lead to victory. Different strokes for different folks when it comes to fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemic13 View Post
    I guess some people are happy with participation trophies, others want to make the plays that lead to victory. Different strokes for different folks when it comes to fun.
    Not really a valid point really, you can make the play that lead to the victories as you say without any Legendaries at all, you don't actually need them ... you can finish all the content without the, that's the way the game is designed, there a bonus not a requirement. But if you set your whole focus on these "bonus" items no wonder your going to end up disappointed.

But as you went on to say, fun is subjective, but that also means that just because "you" don't find it fun that things are necessarily broken.

No doubt if they changed it to drop only the BiS legenadries people would complain, if they stop them dropping all together ppl would then complain.

Can't keep everyone happy and as long as its a minority then that's usually as good as its possible to get.
    Last edited by Shakari; 2017-01-29 at 05:32 PM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The people that actually said it don't fit in with my Agenda, so I'm going to say that they are Bullshit regardless of the fact I am wrong!!"

Pretty much suits the same stance you take in political threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    The truth is they insisted on not having a vendor with the legendaries on it and it bit them on the ass. Apparently they could have done that but it would have made it a grind. At the same time were busy adding AP, a massive grind. Now theyre adding crafted legendaries. GOOD FUCKING GAME. Honestly people have been screaming about this for fucking countless expansions now. The wotlk valor for tier system was wildly popular and for a number of really awful reasons the devs ran away from it. Well maybe letting people farm and buy awesome shit has some fucking value afterall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Coming soon legendary badge vendor, then players can complain about that.
    This is exactly what they should have done in the first place. Every single objection about this sort of reward scheme is pathetic.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-01-29 at 09:24 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.