Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone still building funny transmogs for their characters?

Everyone these days looks so goddamn epic you'd think you're the leaders of your class or some- wait, scratch that.

Nevertheless, is anyone else still rocking funny transmogs? This is me:

Deleted
    No because they look hideous

Thanks for the worthless and irrelevant input, go increase your post count somewhere else.

Deleted
    Where are the funny transmogs?

10+ Year Old Account
    These forums are jaded and miserable OP, they don't know how to have a little fun.

Honestly all it looks like is you are running around with a shovel or pick-axe and in one a mining helmet.

I think the problem is that Blizzard was all into not allowing a great deal of freedom in what could and couldn't be transmogged. There are a ton of white items that'd fit your bill of things. But alas you can't use them for transmog.

If we could dye crap then I bet we'd see other cool stuff!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Thanks for the worthless and irrelevant input, go increase your post count somewhere else.
    Agreed, you notice that most of the people with over 10k posts they are all the same, calling people qq'ers and simple 4-5 word replies. Its sad.

OT, I still play with it a bit, its not as fun as it once was, but I still get some laughs when I do crazy pairings on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you mean the 5 or 6 "Yay I'm a weird pirate" or "Hey I look like I work in a coal mine" or "Haha I have so many colors on my body that surely someone will find it humorous!" transmogs?

The problem isn't that people are trying to look "epic" it's that this is a pretty weird definition of "funny." You get a chuckle for a couple seconds and then blend in with everyone else after, especially considering (like I said) people have just been rotating the same handful of "funny" transmogs since cataclysm.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    No I'd never transmog my gear to look silly. I wanna look badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    If everyone looks badass, noone does.

I mostly went for simple or just silly for a laugh.

HATE being a class leader anyway, it's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes, I do make 'funny' transmogs. Though, I attempt to coordinate them to a certain theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    If everyone looks badass, noone does.

I mostly went for simple or just silly for a laugh.

HATE being a class leader anyway, it's ridiculous.
    I normally go for basic armor, while others take shiny weapons and tiers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

My thought when seeing "funny" transmogs is usually "Wow, they must really have loved the time before transmog was a thing! Hold on..."
    "Unique" transmogs where you mix and match pieces that aren't part of a set? Sure, I do that. But I was over the whole running around looking like a clown-thing long before Transmogrification came to the game...

And fyi, what's "funny" or "badass" looking is quite subjective. No matter how many male Taurens I see sporting the Wrathful warrior set, I never stop thinking it's one of the best Warrior looks out there for burly races... But then I never was prone to the Hipster mentality...

What my character looked like for a while during Cataclysm, it stuck with me so much I could create it from memory;

Yeah... avert your eyes lest ye be scarred for life...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-29 at 06:06 PM.

No I usually only stick to cool looking sets or things that have sentimental value. Sometimes I will make a horrible set just to annoy some friends but that never lasts more than a day.
    Hi Sephurik

7+ Year Old Account
    no, it looks ugly

and i also got bored of hyper flashy gear.

i stick to more casual mogs.

Formerly known as Arafal

My main spec mog is a low level robe with matching gloves and nothing else showing. Does that count? Aside from the huge glowing artifact, I could be level 15 or something.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How was it either of those? You asked a question and he gave a legitimate response.

I used to try and make some Funny xmogs, but they just look jarring and the inability to hide certain pieces of Armour makes it worse. So most of the time they just end up looking shitty or half made.

Though I do make Themed Xmogs.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-01-29 at 09:10 PM.

Inb4 the male blood elf in neon colors and shorts.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He really wants that 23k :P
    --------------------------------------
    I like the mining one, where's the helm from?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I think the problem is that Blizzard was all into not allowing a great deal of freedom in what could and couldn't be transmogged. There are a ton of white items that'd fit your bill of things. But alas you can't use them for transmog.
    exactly the problem. most of the fun outfits are not moggable, which is just ridiculous. if we want to transmog our daggers into fish and our shields into doors then we should be able to!

Deleted
    I abandoned the transmog system in Legion because Blizzard pretty much made it useless restricting us to a weapon type.

Took long enough to farm the **** I wanted for the transmogs I had been using since it came out.

Shadow Priest is the only spec that doesn't use staff, bye bye transmog
    Fire Mage is teh only spec that doesn't use staff, bye bye transmog
    Holy Paladin no longer uses shield and weapon so yep bye bye transmog

Hopefully they drop the forced weapon type in the next expansion.

Edit
    Tell a lie, I go to transmog guy to hide helm since the morons at Blizzard decided to remove it from the ingame options.
    Last edited by mmoc101b07398d; 2017-01-30 at 01:55 AM.