Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Actually, it's 100% fanfic until we see it happen in the game. Look at all the magnitudes of stuff they put out in books and comics that didn't come true in the game.
    Most of those weren't written by Blizzard though; they were written by different authors who only had really general guidelines.

The comic was written by Blizzard.

Like, what's the point of that part of the comic if it won't happen? It's clearly foreshadowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    He becomes an Assassin.

The reason he's incognito could be a huge number of fairly innocuous things. First of all, being only barely a young adult and a king, Anduin would not be allowed anywhere remotely near the frontlines of the Broken Shore. Second, he's very much likely going to continue trying to unify the two factions and that would be hard to do as the king of stormwind in his regal Alliance attire.

But as of the Boy King thing goes....as someone else said, Anduin is a priest and not only that but a priest who has likely swayed in his convictions considering, you know...the Azerothian Armageddon happening all around him. His father is dead, his mentor has left him and his doorstep has been invaded by demons. I don't think even for a second Anduin will turn into an evil character, but what I do think might happen is he may go towards "the dark side" (so to speak) for a bit.
    It doesn't help that in his official Hearthstone artwork he is displayed with both white and purple background, indicating a balance between the two that we still have yet to see at all.

He charges off into the Twisting Nether, we find him later on Argus as Old man.

Since the Twisting Nether is a fucked up place in regards of time, Anduin has become an Old Man.

Just random speculation, though.

Actually, it's 100% fanfic until we see it happen in the game. Look at all the magnitudes of stuff they put out in books and comics that didn't come true in the game.
    The book of illidan and warcrimes will like to had a word with you, in fact you just had say the romance between arthas and jaina is no canon GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    The book of illidan and warcrimes will like to had a word with you, in fact you just had say the romance between arthas and jaina is no canon GG
    If I didn't see it in the Warcraft games, then it's not cannnnnon. Sorry.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Jaina Locket is in the game and wod was a result of warcrime book, but I think at this point you are just trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to be trolling at this point... Blizzard has literally stated before that most of what has happened in the books is in fact cannon. Chronicles is THE Cannon of the warcraft universe, and the comics were made by blizz, released by blizz and presented by blizz. If you seriously think that they aren't cannon you really need to rethink what you call cannon. It's not just World of Warcraft lore, it's the Warcraft Universe because it's split between books, some comics AND the games. Yes some things have been retconned over the years, but every story needs editing and that's what retconning basically is.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    ignoring the fact there is lore of an old man Anduin wielding Ashbringer suggests he stops wearing dresses and puts on some armour.
    So my Pally dies? For real and forever? Because that's the only way he's getting Ashbringer. I was chosen to lead the Paladin Order and I'm a Blood Elf so I don't take no orders from man-child rulers...........kinda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you." - Il'Gynoth

We know that we'll assault the Broken Shores, that means Class Orders, allied factions (Valarjar and maybe others), Hord and Alliance.
    But Anduin is in disguise, that skin is different from his actual in Stormwind.

Why is he in disguise?
    Is there a link between that skin and Il'Gynoth's quote?
    That's just his Shadow Spec transmog.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Jaina Locket is in the game and wod was a result of warcrime book, but I think at this point you are just trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    You have to be trolling at this point... Blizzard has literally stated before that most of what has happened in the books is in fact cannon. Chronicles is THE Cannon of the warcraft universe, and the comics were made by blizz, released by blizz and presented by blizz. If you seriously think that they aren't cannon you really need to rethink what you call cannon. It's not just World of Warcraft lore, it's the Warcraft Universe because it's split between books, some comics AND the games. Yes some things have been retconned over the years, but every story needs editing and that's what retconning basically is.
    "I don't agree with your views so therefore you are a troll" ~Millennials 2017
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    He is surely gonna do something stupid, like getting himself in danger or killed. He is not really doing the king-job very well, he is gonna end up in the same position like Thrall.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's you who is being stubborn. It's not about his view differing. His view is objectively correct.

"IF I DON'T SEE IT INGAME ITS NOT CANON" is just being obstinate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the guy rejecting actual information for headcannon...

OT: I'm imagining that Anduin will be playing some role in the Legionfall campaign, and maybe even have some appearances in the 5 man or raid. The comic says that he lives to be an old dude, so obviously he won't die... maybe

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZee-DC View Post
    There's literally nothing to suggest that Anduin will or will not turn into a paladin.

Personally though, I think he's going to stay a priest. He's not wielding a weapon in his comic as far as I can see. His armor is the comic looks to be mostly cloth as well. Right now, he's a Priest of the Holy Light...with a dab of the Void. End of story.

Though hopefully he will pick up Shalamayne, if not to just give Priests an excuse to finally be able to wield 1H swords. 1H swords are great for transmog >.<
    He wields Shalamayne in the comic . Also hi becoming a Paladin would be a nod of respect to his father , as it would combine his spiritual strength with physical strength and resilience of his father - resulting in the awesomeness that are Paladins. Honestly I think if anyone can stop the war between Alliance and Horse it's Anduin ! And he's gonna need a bit more bad assery to do that

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

7+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do about views, the are stating facts and you are ignoring them completely.

Formerly known as Arafal

So..I guess the entire Dragonball manga is non-canon either then, yes? -_-

I'm not going to argue...

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    He wields Shalamayne in the comic . Also hi becoming a Paladin would be a nod of respect to his father , as it would combine his spiritual strength with physical strength and resilience of his father - resulting in the awesomeness that are Paladins.
    Varian send him to Ironforge to learn the ways of the sword, but Anduin realized he has absolutely no talent for it, he was not build for the way of the warrior, which is why he becomes Velen's pupil in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Varian send him to Ironforge to learn the ways of the sword, but Anduin realized he has absolutely no talent for it, he was not build for the way of the warrior, which is why he becomes Velen's pupil in the end.
    This was when he was a kid , in the comic leading up to Legion , the dreadlord that infiltrated Stormwind spoke of this exactly , how Anduin was a disappointment for Varian who wanted a strong warrior son , and that in time Anduin made the Wolf weak. Anduin acknowledges that he is a man of peace , but he also goes on to say that his father changed him and that in order to preserve the peace , one must be willing to fight. After which he proceeds to obliterate the dreadlord solo. So yeah ... get your shit straight

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

15+ Year Old Account
    If Anduin ditches the throne can we have Turalyon lead us k thanks
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    This was when he was a kid , in the comic leading up to Legion , the dreadlord that infiltrated Stormwind spoke of this exactly , how Anduin was a disappointment for Varian who wanted a strong warrior son , and that in time Anduin made the Wolf weak. Anduin acknowledges that he is a man of peace , but he also goes on to say that his father changed him and that in order to preserve the peace , one must be willing to fight. After which he proceeds to obliterate the dreadlord solo. So yeah ... get your shit straight
    He doesn't use physical power to do that though, you can't replace skill in certain fields, it is true blizz can change that though, but why? Anduin has been repeatedly portrayed as someone who is not talented with the sword and that is fine, he has other powers, he does not need to become a paladin. Being a powerful priest is fine as well, not anyone needs to wear plate armor and swing an axe ,club, warhammer etc. all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    If Anduin ditches the throne can we have Turalyon lead us k thanks
    Turalyon is no noble and as such has no claim to the throne. If Anduin is gone someone else of the stormwind nobles will take his place and we all know what lovely people they are.