Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

7+ Year Old Account
    why people keep asking nightborn LUL, they are just Night elves deformed, worst, asking to be neutral jesus, those guys instead of ogres in the horde, i would kill myself

nightborn will be forgotten like the jinyu and other races

Alliance can get Vrykull, Naga, Arakkoa, or a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    "High elves are extremely unlikely considering that lore-wise they're a minority of a minority ..."

Goblins would like a word with you.
    what do you mean? goblins breed like rabbits, no way they are minority

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Hopefully there will never be any more playable races. We have enough.
    ... No, we don't. There's literally room for as many races as the developers see fit to add, considering the fact that they're entirely optional these days aside from small racials...

They can have 100 races and you could still choose to just play characters of 1 race. CLASSES on the other hand can reach a point when there are too many unless the devs get really creative.

As for me, I hope we get sub-races and that as few "cute" races as possible are added to the Horde for a while. I want more unique races that are ugly and not your typical playable fantasy characters!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just my 2c, but I also hope we're done with new races and that Blizzard will add sub-races which can be changed via the barber shop (or maybe even unlocked account wide through rep achievements or something).
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather have sub races. More customization options.

My idea's have always gone something like this:

Alliance
    - High Elf
    - Tuskar
    - Furlbog
    - Jinyu

Horde
    -Ogre
    -Vry'kul
    -Satyr
    -Hozen

Neutral
    -Grummles
    -Ethereals

I know the time has passed for Furlbog & Satyr to ever be added now that the emerald dreams gone. But god damn I want my nightmare colored druid.Especially with the nightmare mounts and tier atm. Jinyu & Hozen should of just been added with MOP too as an unlock from the Jade Forest respective faction storylines. Would of felt like a decent reward to playing for your faction. Grummles just... I just want a grummle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's not just about creating new models, they also need to create a starting location, a capital, quests, etc. That's a lot of work for ... what? new lore?
    Well true on starting location, but usually the levelling experience from 1-10 or 1-15 doesn't take that long, it's the same as demon hunter starting zone that covers 2-3 levels, however new class like a demon hunter requires constant rebalancing so it's in line with other classes and not too strong or too weak or too similar etc. etc. A race doesn't require that, as long as it doesn't get a crazy op racial from the get go.

The capital city... we didn't get any either with the new Cata races or with Pandas.

For what? For the reason people want variety? For the same reason people want new mounts, transmogs etc. even though you'd say "they already have enough". And especially Ogres for Horde have long lasting lore connections.

For Alliance I would vote for Vrykul, so we get a tall race, since Horde has plenty of them (Tauren, Trolls, and Ogres need to be tall as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Female ogres would be an eye-sore.
    The same could be said about female Worgen, Trolls, Goblins, Dwarves, Tauren and so on and so on... and YET there are people who like them and play them. No reason to exclude a gender from a race just because you think it would be ugly. Unless there is a lore reason for example a race that has no genders.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The same could be said about female Worgen, Trolls, Goblins, Dwarves, Tauren and so on and so on... and YET there are people who like them and play them. No reason to exclude a gender from a race just because you think it would be ugly. Unless there is a lore reason for example a race that has no genders.
    The majority of players thinking it would be ugly - along with a lot of the Blizzard developers disliking the idea - is a reason to keep it out though.

They're changing, so that could change too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    ^ This.

Why do some people want new races? What's the point having 6, 7 or 10 races? It's not content.
    i'll follow your question with a question: why do assume because it's not content that it isn't desired?

there are many of us, like myself, who are total lore whores and RP maniacs that care more about being enveloped and immersed IN the world than taking a zeppelin or portal to the next expansion

I want naga soooo much and i want a worgen update + an optional tail for my worgen

Deleted
    I'd play a Drakonid race, but I'd much rather play a Nightborne, sure they use the same animations as the Night Elves do, but that can always change. The main thing about the Nightborne is that their proportions are much better than the Night Elves, especially the males. Not only that but their entire history is just really cool.

I just hope it won't be Jinyu, those fucking things look awful.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-01-30 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'd play a Drakonid race, but I'd much rather play a Nightborne, sure they use the same animations as the Night Elves do, but that can always change. The main thing about the Nightborne is that their proportions are much better than the Night Elves, especially the males. Not only that but their entire history is just really cool.

I just hope it won't be Jinyu, those fucking look awful.
    Ya and imagine hozen being playable : a whole race based on poop jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Hopefully there will never be any more playable races. We have enough.
    Races are fine, we need to stop having classes added. At this point they're just added to say "Hey look something new!"

Demon Hunters literally only got two specs because they couldn't come up with enough of a difference to make a third spec for them. That's where we're headed from here on out and why it needs to just stop.

Melee DPS specs: 13
    Ranged DPS specs:10
    Healer specs: 6
    Tank specs: 6

We're well past the over saturation point. There really isn't anywhere that they can go that would be creative and new, and we don't need more just for the sake of saying "Hey, we're still innovative!" even though it's not in the least. Time to let classes go, we've got more than enough.

As to where that leaves us, I'm all for more classes and even Sub-classes. Sub-classes I see as having a lot of potential on where to go. Sure, at the end of the day they're nothing but reskins, but where is the problem with that? From a lore prospective, the story of The Broken is far different than that of a normal Draenei,

To go sub races, they'd have an entire lore pool to pull from for expansions and story quests. Lets all be honest, they're running pretty dry on lore at this point. We've killed almost every major and minor villain in their catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The majority of players thinking it would be ugly - along with a lot of the Blizzard developers disliking the idea - is a reason to keep it out though.

They're changing, so that could change too.
    Well I'm pretty sure if they go for it they're gonna make them in the end way more tame and less ferocious, what happened to female trolls and worgen from the first iteration until release. Female trolls started hunched, with big tusks and long chins, akin to males, ended up with much less monstrous pose and face in the released product. Female worgen to this day stir disputes if their more ferocious early alpha versions were better or not than the release product.

And yes, I know most "ugly" or monstrous races have only like 20% of the toons of that race being female while "sexy" races like blood elves have more than half. Also most races are picked way less often than the most common races which are both Elves (especially cuz DH, but not only), Humans or Orcs. Doesn't mean this game should only have Humans, Orcs and Elves. Some people like variety or picking an "uncommon" race like Dwarf or Goblin.

I'd also love if they finally got rid of combat racials so we finally don't have any issue with fotm races (especially in pvp) and everyone can play what they visually like (and not run Tmorph like some famous streamers, tbh if it's theoretically against the rules I wonder why Blizzard lets people run it publicly with no consequence).

Racials like +15 herbalism are fairly innocent and don't require much balancing, so they aren't a problem.

illidari broken i think.

it'll happen eventually.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    Naga please!
    And to you I say "Really? Naga, please."

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    illidari broken i think.

it'll happen eventually.
    I'd like to see Broken as a subrace of Draenei if Blizzard ever plan on doing subraces.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Neutral Ogre plz!

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    I'd like to see Broken as a subrace of Draenei if Blizzard ever plan on doing subraces.
    i picture it as illidari naga and broken in an illidari based starting zone. maybe the illidari trying to recruit new naga somewhere or something. then eventually you go to join the alliance and horde as more illidari representatives maybe.

Deleted
    Something completely new. I think all races we know that could become the next playable race are boring. Hope they build up some new civilizations from the burning legion's ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Something completely new. I think all races we know that could become the next playable race are boring. Hope they build up some new civilizations from the burning legion's ash.
    Not sure if people generally enjoy stuff with made on spot lore, "retcons" and so on.

That's why Blizzard usually tries to sprinkle small clues before they introduce something big, for example I'm pretty sure they're lining up a big void lord expansion with the whole Chronicle thing.

When they added Draenei, or Tauren Paladins, or Monks as a class, many people didn't feel those really "fit" into WOW.

Goblins, Ogres, Demon Hunters etc. existed in wow lore for a very long time, yes, Blizzard can get out of the box and introduce something completely unexpected but it's a big risk, for example remember the flak they got with the whole time travel alternate universe story of WOD?