Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    So they've been serving some of them since the 80's, and now they're gone.
    Yup. They serve at the pleasure of the President.

Your contention is that they submitted their resignation, as they have always done, at the end of the administration.
    Not contention. FACT.

So the reason they're gone now and weren't before is that Trump accepted their resignation?
    Correct. The incoming administration has accepted their resignations. Comes with the job.

And the fake part of the news is what?
    That it is any kind of issue, is worthy of any news, is problem along of the lines of "quit over Trump"...its a non issue. Non starter.

I actually dont see what the problem is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    That it is any kind of issue, is worthy of any news, is problem along of the lines of "quit over Trump"...its a non issue. Non starter.

I actually dont see what the problem is here.
    The headline was that trump vacated positions. That's exactly what happened. I guess your posts amount to "Well it isn't a big deal to me, how dare it be a big deal to others!" But instead you called it fake news.

Whereas some people look at it and say "Hmm, career politicians who have served in this role faithfully for decades have now been vacated with no replacements, with a head (Tillerson) with zero experience. Another check mark in the box of crazy unpredictable and thoughtless Trump ideas."

To say it is fake news, which you did, when it is actually exactly what happened is... huh? The fact that they're required to submit resignations but have been allowed to stay in the position for decades until Trump took office doesn't mean they weren't vacated. That's the definition of being removed.

That's the news. Trump vacated positions. I don't see what the confusion is here. Someone posting a factual event isn't fake news just because it's news you don't care about.
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-01-27 at 03:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    11 mins that sums it up. If you're going to say that the points which are brought up, the questions that were asked (never answered) and trans-fucking-sended political parties are not of "concern", I'd have to slow clap and say "all hail Trump" apparently.

The video is for those who might actually be an adult and give a shit... more to you, explain why the ARB was ignored?
    It wasn't ignored, the state department official said it in the early seconds of 4 minutes, there are times when the host country cannot fulfill their obligations for protection, so it's on our own local security apparatus to ensure protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It wasn't ignored, the state department official said it in the early seconds of 4 minutes, there are times when the host country cannot fulfill their obligations for protection, so it's on our own local security apparatus to ensure protection.
    Which apparatus did they have there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Which apparatus did they have there?
    SEALs and marines.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Well, it's up to them really. It's a free country after all.

Luckily, soon there will plenty of jobs in America again

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    But those are under Mattis, not Tillerson.

- - - Updated - - -

If I were an American, I would want top officials to be fiercely loyal to America, not the POTUS.

Also they are not changed every time. Career diplomats and bureaucrats stay on because they are not politicians, they are professionals. You are spouting alternative facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone who has ever read a book is more qualified.
    Absolutely nothing I am saying here comes from alternative anything. Its based on 30+ years of watching the political process in America. There are career bureaucrats in the state dept who may serve in multiple administrations but the top of the dept will always be filled out almost entirely by presidential appointees who will generally only serve that president.

Drain the swamp
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Drain the swamp
    Hey buddy, shitting in the swamp doesn't drain it.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it