Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy New pc, speakers crackle, mouse unresponsive when downloading -anything-

Hey MMO-C!

I've recently built a new pc

6700k "stock"
    Asus Maximus Ranger viii
    16gb 2133mhz corsair ram
    Asus PCE AC88 wifi card
    Strix GTX 1070OC "at stock"
    512gb Samsung 960 pro m.2
    1Tb Samsung 850evo

Razer Naga Epic Chroma
    Logitech Z523 speakers

Now, whenever I download anything (including just opening a web page) my mouse starts jumping all over the screen, and my speakers crackle, and both stop as soon as downloading is finished, does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Could it be a damaged piece of hardware?

the speakers should work fine, as I've had them for several years on my old PC.

Worth noting, a regular 2 button mouse doesn't act strangely, nor does an old naga epic non-chroma I had in the drawer (was double clicking, just kept as backup)
    But the speakers crackle no matter what.

Thanks for any assistance!
    Last edited by Hunter Extraordinaire; 2017-01-29 at 03:18 PM.

sounds like interference from the wifi. Did you try a wired internet connection?

Deleted
    Well its pretty obvious. Either get a wired Mouse or wired Network Connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    sounds like interference from the wifi. Did you try a wired internet connection?
    Don't have that as an option

Quote Originally Posted by BITBYBIT View Post
    get a wired Mouse or wired Network Connection.
    How would that effect the speakers though?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    Poorly shielded wires, or maybe on the sound device in the PC itself.

Deleted
    Don't have that as an option

Its not the speakers LOL, its the Onboard-Soundchip. I have the same MB and have little crackling too when my GPU is on heavy load, because the soundchip is too close to some condensators or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BITBYBIT View Post
    Its not the speakers, its the Onboard-Soundchip. I have the same MB and have little crackling too when my GPU is on heavy load, because the soundchip is too close to some condensators or something.
    Not sure what GPU load has to do with it, the fans rarely even spin on mine, so I doubt that it's doing much there..

So if the crackling is cause of MOBO, would warranty cover It, or would a sound card be a good option?

Also, I tried the mouse wired, still unresponsive, jumping everywhere, whenever I download (the other mice mentioned in OP are wireless, and work fine, except for the mentioned double clicks)

Not sure what GPU load has to do with it, the fans rarely even spin on mine, so I doubt that it's doing much there..

So if the crackling is cause of MOBO, would warranty cover It, or would a sound card be a good option?

Also, I tried the mouse wired, still unresponsive, jumping everywhere, whenever I download (the other mice mentioned in OP are wireless, and work fine, except for the mentioned double clicks)
    Try plugging your mouse/speakers into your front panel. Test this with a wired connection, again if you can't do that then I don't know what to say. This screams wireless interference.

Deleted
    Try ruling out software(driver) issues with mouse and wifi first. To do that you could get some sort of bootable linux, ubuntu for example, and check if the issue persists there, if that's the case look for faulty hardware, otherwise look into fixing drivers.
    Though this is not likely to fix crackling audio - it is mostly likely caused by onboard card it is either poorly shielded, got badly filtered power or the overall power in system is of bad quality.

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    Try ruling out software(driver) issues with mouse and wifi first. To do that you could get some sort of bootable linux, ubuntu for example, and check if the issue persists there, if that's the case look for faulty hardware, otherwise look into fixing drivers.
    Though this is not likely to fix crackling audio - it is mostly likely caused by onboard card it is either poorly shielded, got badly filtered power or the overall power in system is of bad quality.
    Or, he could test it with a wired connection to eliminate the most likely culprit, due to the speakers and the mouse freaking out at the same time I'm inclined to heavily believe its wireless interference. Another good test is to try a game that puts the system under heavy load. Being that it only happens when he downloads something almost certainly rules out software side issues except some super weird crap.

But the best thing to test here is a wired connection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Or, he could test it with a wired connection to eliminate the most likely culprit, due to the speakers and the mouse freaking out at the same time I'm inclined to heavily believe its wireless interference. Another good test is to try a game that puts the system under heavy load. Being that it only happens when he downloads something almost certainly rules out software side issues except some super weird crap.

But the best thing to test here is a wired connection.
    Yes that would be better solution, except he said he didn't have means to do so.

I just remembered that there used to be issues with wifi and usb 3 ports way back when they first came to market - it was actually caused by poor shielding, I myself had such issue in old laptop. Could be there is same issue here. Try connecting your mouse to usb 2 port and see if that helps. As for speakers issue I stand by what I wrote above, the only other thing to do would be trying different port, if you plugged speakers to front panel try back panel or other way around.

Yes that would be better solution, except he said he didn't have means to do so.

I just remembered that there used to be issues with wifi and usb 3 ports way back when they first came to market - it was actually caused by poor shielding, I myself had such issue in old laptop. Could be there is same issue here. Try connecting your mouse to usb 2 port and see if that helps. As for speakers issue I stand by what I wrote above, the only other thing to do would be trying different port, if you plugged speakers to front panel try back panel or other way around.
    Speakers can pick up wireless interference too, quite easily infact. But again if he can't reach his computer with a cable bring his computer to the cable.

Try plugging your mouse/speakers into your front panel. Test this with a wired connection, again if you can't do that then I don't know what to say. This screams wireless interference.
    I've tried the mouse, will try speakers later, it made no difference for the mouse though.

My old Pc had no issues with wireless interference, could it be a windows 10 issue, as old pc was 7.

Speakers can pick up wireless interference too, quite easily infact. But again if he can't reach his computer with a cable bring his computer to the cable.
    Sounds crazy, but I can't do that either...my house is weird, and the router is in the roof...not the attic (don't have one) so can't really lug it up there to test >.<

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried several ports, front and back with the mouse, with no change.
    Speakers I'll try out when I get a chance

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds crazy, but I can't do that either...my house is weird, and the router is in the roof...not the attic (don't have one) so can't really lug it up there to test >.<
    How do you keep it dry?

have you looked into powerline adapter for wired internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    How do you keep it dry?
    It's in like...a little cubby hole, covered in plastic...the electric box is up there too (don't know who designed this place, it's dumb >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    have you looked into powerline adapter for wired internet?
    I've heard they're worse than wifi, depending on the age of the wiring

Just to test, is there a chance you could get a long network cable, plug it in to the router, toss it down in front of a window, bring it in the window and plug it in to the PC. This would obviously just be as a test to see if it solves the problem. If that does solve the issue, then you could either buy a new motherboard with better on-bard sound or get a dedicated sound card. I would definitely try to find some way to test before spending money though.

Deleted
    "several ports" doesn't necessary means you've tried in usb2 port. Make sure to try in that one.

Tried speakers in front panel, no change, still crackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Just to test, is there a chance you could get a long network cable, plug it in to the router, toss it down in front of a window, bring it in the window and plug it in to the PC. This would obviously just be as a test to see if it solves the problem. If that does solve the issue, then you could either buy a new motherboard with better on-bard sound or get a dedicated sound card. I would definitely try to find some way to test before spending money though.
    Raining right now, will have to see about trying this later

"several ports" doesn't necessary means you've tried in usb2 port. Make sure to try in that one.
    Tried USB 2, no difference

- - - Updated - - -

Raining right now, will have to see about trying this later
    Don't have a cable long enough, will see if I can find one nearby.

I did find http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/fi...ek-sound-card/ while googling though, seems interesting, method 5 sounds like it may work, but I don't have an option to uninstall either of those.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remove your OS and install it again and drivers too in neccessary order.