Deleted
    I can guarantee you 90% of top raiders do not want a tournament realm.

Raiding at a top level for the majority is only done because of the release when you finally kill the final boss. This means all the work you have done from beta to release night to heroics dungeons to mythic dungeons to split runs until finally you kill the final boss. Actually working hard toward something to be rewarded is what these raiders enjoy.

If you circumvent this process via tournament realm you lose all of the effort you put in. It loses its fun.
    For a lot of hardcores its pure anti fun to be forced to split your raids to its maximum and farming m+ dungeons all day long. If you decided to play in a race-to-world#1 or race-to-wowprogress-page#1 guild, you cannot ignore a single opportunity. Unfortunately blizzard wasnt that economical with ingame opportunities this time.

Furthermore that kind of raiding has changed a lot over the last years and quantitative factors becoming much more important than qualitative factors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velikanthehunter View Post
    We went from mythic Nighthold Progress, to how the youth is the reasonn behind america's recessment? Grow the hell up guys.

Besides, Fusion has been dumped down to their original position on wowprogress. And serenity is in a major lead.
    You are 20 pages late mate

The top end guilds could limit themselves and make a gentleman's agreement: not more than X split raids for example.

What do you think about this idea: In a new raid, the first 2-3 resets will be personal loot only (at least on normal and hc), and you can't trade any. That way no split runs are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    The top end guilds could limit themselves and make a gentleman's agreement: not more than X split raids for example.
    Do you seriously believe that would ever happen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Do you seriously believe that would ever happen?
    No

But I don't see any viable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    What do you think about this idea: In a new raid, the first 2-3 resets will be personal loot only (at least on normal and hc), and you can't trade any. That way no split runs are needed.
    This has been covered. The guilds would simply run the raid multiple times and take the characters that got the luckiest. It would limit the value, but they'd still do it.

It's not something blizzard would ever do. Top raiders are not important enough to differ the game for every other person raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlegolas View Post
    I'm no raider, but hasn't Legion been at an all time high with respect to bleeding edge raiders complaining that they have to do so much more content than before to stay at a competitive gear level?
    I'm not bleeding edge raider (top 50-100), but I couldnt keep up with the schedule that Legion mandated if you wanted to compete. The raids are good, but AP - no thanks.

Not a chance, it's like asking a rival football team not to train more than X hours a week (and raiding isn't even an (e)sport).

Deleted
    I don't see any viable solution except atificially gating the number of split raids/attempts on a boss.

never going to happen, the insane grind and dedication is the only thing that separates the top 5-10 guilds from the top 50, take that away and it would be anyones game, which top contenders dont want

Deleted
    They could make the heroic lockouts work like the mythic ones (you can only finish them with the 20 characters you started them) and tune the last few bosses being super hard (basically mythic boss level of difficulty).

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    TBH, has any game actually tried to make make competitive PvE races a thing? (They actually did this late last year with the collegiate dungeon race) I wouldn't be so quick to discard it as completely unviable. Would be quite the reality show and from a more pure entertainment value, watching the 1% wipes or so would be quite the good drama.

The biggest concern to me if I was Blizzard would be would it be too sharp a negative reaction from the top end community? Since they almost certainly would put in a prize pool for the winners and there would be some more rules.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think though they'd need to attract tons of viewers to make it worth Blizzard's time to actually make it an official competition yes u can watch. That's the biggest thing I think people underestimate.
    Destiny streamers show the world first race when a new instance opens. Bungie got the winning team a Guiness book of world records entry for it http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    I don't see any viable solution except atificially gating the number of split raids/attempts on a boss.
    loved the limited attempts in ToC, with bonus chest for no wipes and no single deads.
    It was really challenging, kinda sad blizzard never did it again.

People forget it was the limited attempts in ICC that started this arms race. That was the first time I was required to have a geared alt. I still remember getting Putricide down to 12% with scrubby alts before switching to mains and killing him. Saw back then it was headed to 4+ and cashed my chips in before Firelands 2.0
    Miss the days of the only real alts being dwarf priest lol.

ToC was fun but no wipes sucked. Having to coordinate with other guilds because if you pulled Anub while another was doing it the server lagged to hell and you both got fucked sucked. But I did get Grand Crusader
    Last edited by Realtalk; 2017-01-30 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And fuck the raiders who want to progress on Heroic for a hundred special snowflakes.
    It would fuck the people pugging heroic. Basically it would turn heroic into what mythic is, you do it with a guild only, you can only pug first few bosses. Later on they can switch the lockout back to normal (same as they do with mythic atm). I don't think it would be that bad honestly.

edit: In fact, they can only make heroic lockouts work like the mythic ones just for week 1, that's when the split runs happen anyway. After that make everything go back to normal.
    Last edited by mmoc6694d1218e; 2017-01-30 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    LOL
    Is your boss forcing you to do anything? No one is forcing, you can quit if you want, so you force yourself? Dat logic, man.
    It makes complete sense if you ask me. If you honestly do not enjoy the work you do because your boss is forcing you to do stuff you do not want to do the only option you have in my opinion is to go talk with your boss and if he is in no way willing to improve the situation you go and find a new job.

If you honestly going to spend 40-50 years of your life doing something you do not enjoy you're actually stupid if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that sounds really dumb. Why force the majority of people to do something they probably don't want to, so that a minority can't do something they want to?

method and/or exorsus needs to kill elisande today if they want to compete no other option, serenity will have too much time to make a strat for guldan

I feel like Augur is going to get nerfed this week already(Blizz might wait for people to get reset gear though) - it's one thing when the boss is hard, it's different when you have to cut your tanks and healers in half. All three guilds that killed him did it with 2 heals, some guilds are trying with one tank now - devs really don't like when it's impossible to kill the boss with a standard raid comp.