Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Because people act like RB is just infinitely superior and have been peddling that since 7.1.5 was on the ptr. You should see some of the shit people say in the discord.

I mean, people perpetuating that is literally the reason you see the OP making this post. Also the gap widened between the two was why people were freaking out about it in the first place, but between the feretory change and the CB buff it brought it much closer.
    Guess I've just thankfully missed all of that. I'd caught people acting like it was a big gain early on in the expansion, but then also saw the hilarious attempt to defend their stance when all the top logs were BD / RE and not RB / MT. The RB advocates always looked like a fringe minority trying to defend simcraft theoretics in the face of overwhelming real, ingame data pointing to the opposite.

Deleted
    Just dont go on warlock destro discord saying that BD is better in most realistic raid scenarios, gonna get muted and called a shitter for using BD by TheOneWhoShallNotBeNamed. RB sims higher so ur retarded if u run BD.
    Talents are there to swap out depending on the specific scenarios, as they should be. Singletarger Krosus fight ? Definetly RB. But then again, if u have feratory of souls, SC actually becomes very good to use with eradication of all talents in alot of fights.
    This is a good thing btw
    Last edited by mmoc2c86870068; 2017-01-29 at 10:25 AM.

If real world data doesn't line up with your sim, most of the time you'd question the sim.

In this case we know exactly what's wrong with the sim. Some (most) people are using sims of different scenarios to the ones that the real world data comes from. Very different scenarios.

Most people are still at level of assuming everything is perfectly smooth and happens in a vacuum in a completely closed system. If you try that in the real world - your bridge will fall down.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If you try that in the real world - your bridge will fall down.
    Is that a krosus reference
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Is that a krosus reference
    I wish it was. Can I retroactively claim it as one?

It was okay when the modifier was 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It was okay when the modifier was 50%
    It was never 50%. It was 60% and then 25%

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    It was never 50%. It was 60% and then 25%
    You're right, it was good when it was 60%

Most things are better when they're more than twice as strong, yes. That's how numbers work.

10+ Year Old Account
    In fights where you are able to tunnel, or that killing adds is either not important or not required, it may be worth it to run Backdraft and Soul Conduit. I did a test in EN farm tonight and was getting great results, ending up with top 5 ranks on every boss I used this combination on. Insane shard regen, with the ability to spend them very quickly (back-to-back CBs in combination with Backdraft and the 2-set) worked very well together. It also feels a lot smoother with the absence of Demonfire, even with ELT in the mix.

P.S. This is with Feretory, but no shoulders or Demo bracers.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post
    In fights where you are able to tunnel, or that killing adds is either not important or not required, it may be worth it to run Backdraft and Soul Conduit. I did a test in EN farm tonight and was getting great results, ending up with top 5 ranks on every boss I used this combination on. Insane shard regen, with the ability to spend them very quickly (back-to-back CBs in combination with Backdraft and the 2-set) worked very well together. It also feels a lot smoother with the absence of Demonfire, even with ELT in the mix.

To be honest it's good that these kind of choices are back.
    I remember back in WotLK, there were builds that produced top sim dps, but actually playing them, and making mistakes produced far worse numbers than the easy-to-play, but inferior builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post

Our lock is running BD / Erradication with 4pc and feretory and getting 90+% uptime on eradication on some fights

I play Shadowburn ... so F BD and F RB

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Thanks for your contribution. Only here, we're trying to find the optimal way to play our class and spec. Optimal means highest possible dps in a certain raiding scenario (Nighthold in our case). Many ppl here really care about giving more to their raid guild, being hardcore or not, so thanks for your super casual contribution (which is fine by itself, but not helpful in our discussion) and bb.
    This is MMO-CHAMPION not Elitist Jerks, no need to be demeaning.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2017-01-30 at 12:57 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    This is MMO-CHAMPION not Elitist Jerks, no need to be demeaning.
    Very much need. And i could have been worse, still within the limits of the forum rules. We don't need people barging into a discussion saying "i personally don't care" about the discussion. We are here to discuss the merits of 4pc tier and backdraft/roaring blaze.

RB have a terrible and counterintuitive gameplay.
    RB should be something like increase Immolate duration each conflagrate or Conflagrate applying Immolate more easy to deal and intuitive for new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck RB, if I would want my gameplay to revolve around bloody dots I'd go Affliction.

When I simmed RB against Backdraft for my character, Backdraft won out hands down, that's why I use it. RB is a very slow playstyle which doesn't work well in many situations. If you're doing aoe you need a lot of shards to be able to aoe and with feretory that means being able to throw incinerate more in addition to everything else so faster spellcasts is a good thing.

Feretory + 2 piece bonus means you get hasted chaos bolts beyond the 2 you get from backdraft so you can get some really cool runs of chaos bolts to pew pew pew things with. I feel like this was by design because it feels right. I don't think I would get those CB bursts (which do incredible amounts of damage with a havoc) without backdraft.

I dislike that the margin for error in getting the whole thing just right is nonexistent though. If you want to get good numbers, RNGesus has to be on your side.
    Last edited by Twilightcrescent; 2017-01-30 at 08:25 PM.

If your running BD are you guys using Eradication or ELT? Looks to me like Eradication is about a 1% loss, but i'm not sure if that actually turns out as a loss in actual practice.

What if I told you that sim is not perfect and only a simulation of wow