Poll: Do you sell tokens for gold?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    What happens if people buy tokens for money and nobody wants to buy them from the AH because it is getting too expensive (EU)?
    You're guranteed the gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I bought 11 at 90k/each. I regret not stocking up at the start of the expansion when they were down around 60k.
    I regret not stocking up in WoD when they were at 35 k. I waited for the price to fall... well it didn't
    Unless I start to pilfer gold from my guild vault, or get some gift from a guildie, I guess my sub will soon end, I can't gain gold as quickly as I spend it at this price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Genuinely curious question: for those (48 votes so far) who do buy tokens for cash and sell them for gold - what do you spend the gold on? Like, last time you exchanged a token for 118,000 gold (or however much), what did that 118,000 gold go towards?
    For me I am happy with 100,000+ on each character (I have 14) and usually if I spend gold it's either on mats, pets, occasional mount or transmog stuff. I would never waste gold on the ridiculous spider mount though

Deleted
    How to get the gold in 3 weeks with minimun effort:
    1. Don't suck
    2. Get 3 people that don't suck
    3. Sell 3 Nightbane Runs
    4. Get 50 ks each
    5. Sell other run for extra gold.
    6. Try to sell more runs with alts to get even more gold.
    7. Buy spider mount, never use it cause it's uggly as fuck
    8. Repeat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    1. Don't suck
    3. Sell 3 Nightbane Runs
    4. Get 50 ks each
    8. Repeat
    See I would rather just have fun

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're guranteed the gold
    Ah that's what I wanted to know, thanks.

Deleted
    See I would rather just have fun
    Doing Khara in speedrun mode is funny tho

Deleted
    Been bouncing between 112 and 118 for over a week and last night I logged off at 112k and suddenly this morning it was 130, I really cannot help but think something dodgy is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard wanted to artificially inflate the price, wouldn't they be a bit more subtle about it? My guess is that a lot of people just happened to lose their sub right about now (Maybe people who've been on tokens since they started?) and bought new ones

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    Been bouncing between 112 and 118 for over a week and last night I logged off at 112k and suddenly this morning it was 130, I really cannot help but think something dodgy is going on.
    Same, I saw it jump to 130+ and just thought it was quite odd.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trends across all regions are almost identical, nothing dodgy going on

Getting the money together is easy.

People discount the fact that Garrison is still a money factory if you know what you're doing.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't sold any tokens yet. I might try selling some later in the year though, and the US price looks quite tasty. I'm waiting for the market to increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    Same, I saw it jump to 130+ and just thought it was quite odd.
    Got over €2000 worth in gold with the current WoW Token cost... WTB Exchange for real money !

As long as I'm able to earn enough gold in a month to buy a token I'll keep playing. But the moment I cannot afford it is a bye from me. I just cant spend so much money for an online game (non euro currency country) with how my life is going now. Subscription system if outdated for todays standards anyway and with how many f2p/b2p games there are, I'm interested in seeing how will it hold in a few years.

I was also supporting the idea that Blizz manipulates the prices of tokens, there was much more free and easy gold to obtain and the tokens werent that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    As long as I'm able to earn enough gold in a month to buy a token I'll keep playing. But the moment I cannot afford it is a bye from me. I just cant spend so much money for an online game (non euro currency country) with how my life is going now. Subscription system if outdated for todays standards anyway and with how many f2p/b2p games there are, I'm interested in seeing how will it hold in a few years.

I was also supporting the idea that Blizz manipulates the prices of tokens, there was much more free and easy gold to obtain and the tokens werent that expensive.
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. WoW has remained a subscription game since it first came out and there's nothing to suggest that they'd change that. Especially now that there's a way to stay subscribed for gold. It's not an outdated model by any stretch. I much prefer the subscription model over "F2P" with a huge cash shop that has most of the perks... I get enough of that crap in mobile games. "Stuck on a level in Candy Crush? Buy boosters for twice the money of 1 month of WoW subscription and you'll get past it without a sweat!!"... Yeah, no thanks.k

Deleted
    For me I am happy with 100,000+ on each character (I have 14) and usually if I spend gold it's either on mats, pets, occasional mount or transmog stuff. I would never waste gold on the ridiculous spider mount though
    IDK, I bought the mount some weeks ago because I like spiders, it has cool jump animations, and I got more than 2 millions on my characters combined and nothing else to spend on.

I had about 500K after buying the mount, now I am at over 1 million again, without explicitly farming anything. I run gold missions in OH, do some WQs to get emissary chests, and got some extra gold from bonus loot when logging into LFR heroics on my healer, or selling some crafted leather bracers to people who still want to do the obliterium forge quest (but a chunk of these gains just compensated the spendings for leather because I was kinda sick of farming to get to 800 and craft the LW moose mount)

While I don't get as much as I did with my many garrisons (I surely earned about 4 millions in WoD with all my characters combined, and was finally able to get a spectral tiger mount), it's enough. I don't value carry runs much, and don't dabble in the BMAH much.

BTT: I don't mind paying the subscription though. With tokens, Blizzard would be getting about 5 € more from my account, and I don't want them to earn more, so I also don't sell tokens (and I don't worry much about gold, either). Also, I pay more for a movie evening than for one subscription month. If this amount would trouble me that much, I would probably re-evaluate my life.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-01-30 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because, by game design, gold for most players isn't super useful for anything really, except for the token. So you have nobody willing to use their IRL money to convert into gold but a lot of people willing to use all their gold in order to save their IRL cash instead.

From wowtoken.info, overlay the US curve on the EU curve and you'll see the trends in price hikes are pretty much the same, just that they had less gold circulating to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    1. Don't suck
    3. Sell 3 Nightbane Runs
    4. Get 50 ks each
    8. Repeat
    Lol @ 7.

The devs are gonna have to stick a mailbox on that thing if they want me using it! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post

From wowtoken.info, overlay the US curve on the EU curve and you'll see the trends in price hikes are pretty much the same, just that they had less gold circulating to begin with.

If that were true it would prove my point even more but it isnt.

EU
    24h 111,897 - 131,694 (It went from 113k at 5am to just over 130k at 2PM)

US
    24h 58,778 - 65,985

US has bounced between 50-65k since middle of November, EU side same period started off at ~93k and has escalated to 131k