Deleted

Do you think we'll get another set of artifact weapons in the expansion after legion?

Supposedly we'll lose them after legion, but are they going to completely scrap the artifact weapon system?

Also would you want to get another set of artifact weapons?

Deleted
    No, but they will definitely come up with another badly designed gimmick. Kind of how garrisons became order halls.

They said artifacts were a legion specific thing and they had no plans to take the current system and bring it into the next expansion. Shame though I rather like the artifact system over the "here's a 10 ilvl higher weapon"
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    They said artifacts were a legion specific thing and they had no plans to take the current system and bring it into the next expansion. Shame though I rather like the artifact system over the "here's a 10 ilvl higher weapon"
    Yeah I prefer the new system, no longer having to hunt for that next better weapon..

Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    Why not both?
    I mean, the key abilities of the artifact weapons would have to become normal class abilities. But could still have some level system on the artifact for it to become more powerful as you level/ilevel up. And then normal weapons that drop as well, maybe with some more special features than just stats on them.

I like the artifacts, but I also miss having cool weapons drop in dungeons and raids. The designs n such, especially if it's the weapon that a boss uses.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the concept of a more personalized weapon. One that you always have by your side, always helping you slay those enemies. I don't really have a problem with the current system but I think they could expand on personalization and customability a little better going forward. Also not have them as some uber weapon forged in the burning fires of Sargeras' butt cheeks. Bring it back a little, tone it down. We've been super powerful. I'd rather not continue to be to be honest.

Slightly unrelated but I'd almost like it if in 'lore' we die defeating the legion and the next expansion we no longer have those weapons because ... well ... we are no longer those characters but I know A LOT of people woulnd't see eye to eye with me on that one lol.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I as well like the idea of having a weapon that's been by my side, plus chasing after tints are fun and I like leveling my artifact weapon. It reminds me of the old talent trees, even though there's only one static path to take in terms of being the best. Someone could put talents anywhere, if they're not into anything serious, I guess. I would like to see everything carried over to the next expansion, but who knows what the threat will be.