Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard often get one thing wrong that ruins the whole game.
    WOD was lacking non-raid content while legion sucks with legendary and alt-unfriendliness.

10+ Year Old Account
    some of you really need to get a grip. If these were 940 epics you'd be fine. If they didn't have effects and were just stat upgrades, you'd be fine.

The system is what it is. If this leaves you 'simply devastated' you need to reexamine your life and maybe get off the computer for a while.

Can we get a legendaries megathread or something? Or instutionalize these people? Either would be fine.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Today I received my 4th Legendary. Simply devastated.

Get outta here.
    Pretty much my response, to be honest.

I only have one legendary, and it's the tanking one - you couldn't even call it 'utility'.

But four?

Woe is me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Today I received my 4th Legendary, the moment you see the fabled orange text your heart skips a beat and then sinks all in one go as you realise what you have just gone through to receive such a poor excuse for a "legendary".
    You are truly blessed! Be happy! Look around you! Your life is fantastic and wonderful!
    If inconsequential tiny little shit like this "simply devastates" you, then you can't have *any* real problems in your life at all!
    Whoot! Sing and dance and find romance! Quit gaming and and celebrate your flawless life!

I feel like the people commenting on how they only have one legendary don't understand the sheer amount of grinding people have done to get the 4 legendaries they have. I mean they have literally grinded 5-20 times as much content as you have to be able to have gotten that many. There is very little transparency in the exact details of knowing when you can expect your next legendary, but check out this calculator. Take a look to see how much more time some of the 4 legendary people have likely put in to get them.

https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/

I personally have 3. And no way would I be willing to put in the amount of time or mythic plus clears to get to the point where I would expect to have 6. I doubt if I will break 4000 kill points this expansion.
    Last edited by last1214; 2017-01-30 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    I feel like the people commenting on how they only have one legendary don't understand the sheer amount of grinding people have done to get the 4 legendaries they have.[/url]

I personally have 3. And no way would I be willing to put in the amount of time or mythic plus clears to get to the point where I would expect to have 6. I doubt if I will break 4000 kill points this expansion.
    You KNEW (unless you paid no attention) from a very early point in this expansion, that some were far better than others and that you might not get the 'good' ones. Yet you CHOSE to grind. That's your choice. Don't whine about it now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    I feel like the people commenting on how they only have one legendary don't understand the sheer amount of grinding people have done to get the 4 legendaries they have.
    I have four and I've done zero grinding. I do my daily emissary, run some M+ keys with guildies (maybe a +10 and 2-3 +7-8s every week) and I raid (Normal/HC) once a week. I feel like I play the game normally, doing the stuff I enjoy.

I'd quit immediately if I was "forced to grind" (wtf?!)

According to that calculator I should have 2 legendaries. lol. It's bullshit site
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-01-30 at 06:12 PM.

a better corralation is # legendaries vs artifact power gained

10+ Year Old Account
    The legendary system is a huge failure. Instead of rewarding the few who are lucky enough to get BiS, what they are actually doing is punishing the MAJORITY for not having them.

These God's chosen lucky few could be worse players, but their 2 BiSs will still ensure them a slot on the roster because they add 100k+ DPS/HPS over the have-nots.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    A new twist on the old "QQ I didn't get BiS Legendary Blizz plz" thread.

It wouldn't be GD without it.
    Considering the DPS check on a few of the M NH fights is pretty much out of several specs reach unless they have double BiS Legendaries it might be a bit valid this time.

LOL! This post works on more than one level. On one hand I'm actually smiling because of your pitiful whining, but on the other hand your whining and complaining is so annoying that I feel bad for your parents. Imagine experiencing this much whining first hand, face to face.

The OP gave details on the particular situation he's in. Obviously he is serious about the game and puts a lot of time into his character to be the best he can be. Then he asked for specific advice about whether he should try re-rolls or if people thought they are really going to get this fixed in 7.2. All the people responding with the "ur such a whiner" or "I feel sorry for your parents" are just stupid. And I mean that very literally ... very low IQ's.

To the OP: I feel your pain bro. I'm just a scrub nowadays but I had been pretty serious about raiding in the past and I can't imagine having the ability to be tops completely out of my control.

Oh yes... I am so hard done by with my 4th legendary... Let me know when you have invested the time I have to achieve them in the first place.

I shall Dub thee Casual Joe
    Is Newcastle so shit that you don't want to bother leaving the house? It's summer there, mate, enjoy the fresh air and touch a vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    some of you really need to get a grip. If these were 940 epics you'd be fine. If they didn't have effects and were just stat upgrades, you'd be fine.

The system is what it is. If this leaves you 'simply devastated' you need to reexamine your life and maybe get off the computer for a while.
    Actually, no, people wouldn't be fine with it, because a lot of legendaries have completely trash stats for their spec and are only good BECAUSE of the effect and the ilvl bonus to main stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as if the playerbase wasn't shouting that legendaries would be a bad idea long before the expansion launched, either.

OP reminds me of this, anyone else?

They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    It's not as if the playerbase wasn't shouting that legendaries would be a bad idea long before the expansion launched, either.
    There was tons of feedback in ALPHA that some legendaries were absolutely insane or complete and utter trash. Blizzard didn't listen until months after release, over a year later. They know the system is broken from the ground up by having half utility half numbers legendaries, making them rare and difficult to get and not at all reliable or consistent, AND not giving us a way to get ones we want that they have balanced classes around having. They don't want to implement an "awkward band-aid fix" like targeted legendaries or trading, but they need to realize that that's the ONLY way to fix this broken system and get everyone back on an equal playing field. On top of that, many of the new legendaries introduced are ALSO complete trash, like the Resto Druid gloves or Balance shoulders, or ridiculously good and instantly top tier like the healer trinket. They still don't get it, they're just throwing turds into a ceiling fan and interpreting all the pretty patterns.

DPSers should not be matched or beaten by brain-dead amoebas who can't play their class just because they got two BiS legendaries and the first guy got a Sephuz and the idiotic heal pants. Healers shouldn't be relying on being able to beat a really close progression boss that they just can't quite heal through enough on whether their Resto Druid got a ring and trinket or bracers and shoulders. Even without taking power into account, it's silly that one person can farm dozens of hours of content per week, like one of my guild's healers, and only have two (both crap), yet one of my friends only logs in to do emissary quests and the weekly event, has yet to run an M+, and he has four, two BiS. Legion legendaries have taken RNG, which WoW has always had, and turned it up to 11 in the worst ways, and there's NO transparency whatsoever in the process. Even if all we had was some drop data, this would all at least be just a little easier to swallow.
    Last edited by SafariDiscoLion; 2017-01-30 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    Considering the DPS check on a few of the M NH fights is pretty much out of several specs reach unless they have double BiS Legendaries it might be a bit valid this time.
    That will change once everyone has had a chance to get their heroic 4 set and BiS trinkets. In a few weeks it won't matter, and for the average player the Mythic race doesn't matter.

It's way less valid than EN by a long shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes... I am so hard done by with my 4th legendary... Let me know when you have invested the time I have to achieve them in the first place.

I shall Dub thee Casual Joe
    But, then you would just be the elitist? No? I mean, you don't know how much time this person has been using.

And to be honest, you did pick all what you have done.

Currently, I am in total, at 7 legendaries (overall) and I wouldn't call it 'casual' to obtain them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..