Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    You can buy AP for gold now? didn't even know this, off to the AH I go...
    You should probably try reading more than the thread title sometime.

Deleted
    I could be 1 copper and I would like the change. If you cannot use an item and want to get rid of it, then selling is always better than destroying, especially if you get a prompt when you want to destroy an item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    in that case, everyone on Silvermoon EU alliance side can send me 5g each, every week. I will be a happy bunny.
    I won't turn down 5 gold donations, either. Things sum up.

eh while i can see that as an issue down the road, its no where near urgent. I'd wager the number of people maxed at 54 in one spec is small and those with 54 in all specs to be very very very very small. Just bump up the sale price to the gold amount from bonus rolls and be done with it imo. its a bonus after all not a really a major reward.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhrly View Post
    So now when you are able to sell your Artifact Power for gold I thought its time to discuss how terrible of a decision this is.
    The reason I do not like this decision at all is quite obvious. Who needs gold this time around?
    For example someone like me that has 54 in both talents on my Demon Hunter and have gold that I can survive for entire expansion.

What I would like them to add instead for people that have been doing this grinding to get their 54 traits is that you will be able to sell theese Artifact power for tokens that you can use towards getting thoose shiny legendaries. Because if you think about it, you might have 54 traits in every single talent, but you still sit on 3-4 legendaries. You feel its unfair that you have been doing this grinding for a long time now and not got that specific legendary you are looking for.

I am not saying that theese tokens should be cheap obviously to get and I think they should only be obtainable once you have got all talents to 54. It should still be a grind to get theese tokens to buy your legendary. But just think about it, you have been playing maybe like 50 hours total on level 110 and you are sitting on thoose extremly terrible legendarys and still have to relay on that stupid RNG for your legendary to drop!

Would like to hear what other people thinks about this!
    So instead of earning legendaries you want to buy legendaries. Why dont we just open up a cash store where you can buy legendaries for real money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You should probably try reading more than the thread title sometime.
    To much work.. it is 2017.. it it can't fit on Twitter it is a waste of my time

I used 7 rolls yesterday, 6 were AP and 1 was gear. The old way i would have gotten at least 2 or 3 pieces of gear but whatever. Either way though, the blue ap tokens sell for 25g which is the same crap anyways since that is your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So instead of earning legendaries you want to buy legendaries. Why dont we just open up a cash store where you can buy legendaries for real money.
    Earn legendaries? Last time I logged in "legendaries" are handed out by the RNG gods and there is no way to actually EARN a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Its also a sympton of shockingly short sighted game dedign.
    You mean like all those other WQ gear rewards I've been vendoring since week 2? AP rewards were far more useful for a much longer period than pretty much any other quest reward since the beginning of WoW. In fact, for 99% of the players AP will be useful for pretty much the entirety of the xpac. There will always be that group that thinks everything is a race, fortunately for the rest of us blizzard decided they aren't really worth catering too.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    If you are 54 in all specs you need to go outside and enjoy the world. MAYBE a fair share of DHs have that problem but any other class with 54/54/54 needs to moderate their play time.
    To be fair, is not that hard. I started playing legion 2 months ago, purely casual and on 3 toons at the same time, then decided to focus on my main and I´m nearly done with frost.. playing 3 days a week.

But... still, most people don´t have a characters full AP so it makes no big difference for the majority.

I agree make the AP tokens account bound. Will make leveling alts so much better. Hell we can already learn up to level 15 AK on alts now why not just feed alts the AP tokens too.

Deleted
    they added the sell price so you don't have to manually type "delete" on each item to get rid of it...

There's not a single thing they could do to this game that someone wouldn't complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    To be fair, is not that hard. I started playing legion 2 months ago, purely casual and on 3 toons at the same time, then decided to focus on my main and I´m nearly done with frost.. playing 3 days a week.

But... still, most people don´t have a characters full AP so it makes no big difference for the majority.
    I have been playing same toon since release(but a 1 month break) raid 3 times a week play 2-3 hours a day outside raiding max AK and i am only at level 39 on that toon. so you must be farming AP during that time

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I have been playing same toon since release(but a 1 month break) raid 3 times a week play 2-3 hours a day outside raiding max AK and i am only at level 39 on that toon. so you must be farming AP during that time
    Exactly, that is FAR from casual. I do 15-20 heroics a week, 5-10 M+, Raid 2 days a week, I'm down to doing just emissary wq's now but for 3 weeks straight I did every single ap wq, hit the ak cap day one and still am only 43/30 in weapons.

It's not "hardcore" like farming maw 30 times a day but far from casual and still nowhere near maxing 2.

I'd guess maybe .2% have it done.

No, blizzard shouldn't put too much time or effort into something that .2% of the population is going to benefit from.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

It is quite clear that they don't want an indefinite artifact power system... They want a long grind but with a finite end.

It is okay for you to want more out of this system, but just like leveling... it is a design decision to limit it

Deleted
    Let me tell you why there's a gold price on the item now :

AP above the 54th trait will not be refunded in 7.2, and when you get the new traits, the 7.1.5 tokens become unusable in 7.2. So they added a gold price for those few that do were banking AP and wanted to keep it for those traits to instantly max them all. So now they have the option you either spend it on offspec weapons, or you vendor it.

If they had to destroy it, it would quite a long task to get rid of it, adding a gold price to it, makes you get rid of it in a 10th of the time.

Wait...you can get AP for gold, how?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I agree make the AP tokens account bound. Will make leveling alts so much better. Hell we can already learn up to level 15 AK on alts now why not just feed alts the AP tokens too.
    You can go right to AK 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Wait...you can get AP for gold, how?
    Reading the OP is hard. They're complaining about being able to sell AP tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You can go right to AK 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the OP is hard. They're complaining about being able to sell AP tokens.
    Sorry, but are the AP tokens you get from 5 man, quest or WQ BoE now? Havent keept up much.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    They also put in a softcap on legendaries because they thought there was NO WAY someone was going to have 4 let alone more than 4 of them. .
    The issue with every misstep Blizzard make is posts like the above. People add little things everytime they recall Blizzard's missteps, eventually morphing a small, almost non-issue into the worst thing ever. Idk if people genuinely believe the things they add, or if they're just trying to make Blizzard look bad.

Blizzard had placed a softcap on 4 legendaries (softcap meaning that Bad-Luck protection no longer accrued after 4 legendaries) because they felt that those with 4 legendaries, at the time, did not need further bad luck protection.

It's not that they thought "there was no way someone was going to have 4", they were well aware of that and actively considered it. Their initial response was to turn off the accrual of bad luck protection once you got 4, which was clearly very lucky. In hindsight, as Blizzard agreed, this was a bad idea.

It was essentially a non-issue that only affected the most hardcore of m+ farmers at the time.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis