Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/alexan...-video-motive/

Seems the former canadian army cadet Bissonnette did it alone.
    The Donald subreddit is suspiciously quiet now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    That's what happen when you try to politicize human crimes to push your political agenda.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    I expect more silence on the subject, it's not prime news, he is of the wrong religion.

Haha yeah i can imagine that.

Why do people talk about what happens on other boards like reddit?

Is that some sort of humanistic litmus test of what's happening on social media?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Unless you're telling me it doesn't work like that?
    That depends on whether or not it is convenient for muh narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Considering this is done in Canada, and the Mosque had a pig's head left on its doorstep last year, I am going to say it was done by Christians.
    Ahahahahahahahahah
    Canada is truly diverse, a white and an Arab Muslim buddy up to shoot up a mosque!
    Last edited by CellarDoor; 2017-01-30 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    Ahahahahahahahahah
    Canada is truly duress, a white and an Arab Muslim buddy up to shoot up a mosque!
    The muslims was apparently just a witness and have been released, quite funny he also ran away with the shooter though, they also said there was a third guy but im not so sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    So claiming US citizens support the death penalty because they support US law is as dumb as claiming Muslims support honor killings because they support Shariah law.

Glad we agree.
    No, you're only half right. Remember the narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not treating someone like a potential mass murderer just because he's named Ahmed or something is a start.

Other than that, most of us are non-plussed because we've seen a variety of political violence. Yes, there were two Islamic attacks in Canada not too long ago (made by Canadians who radicalized online, mind you, not immigrants or refugees), but we also had the FLQ (extremist separatists) causing havoc back in 1970 which prompted a period of War Measures. Two deacades back, we had some crazy mysoginist guy shoot up women in a university. A few years ago some dude attempted to murder the newly elected Prime Minister the night of her victory, killing someone in the process. And those are in Québec alone.

Bottom line is, we haven't suffered the traumatism of 9/11 or the butcheries in Western Europe. We've seen political violence comes from all spectrums, so the majority don't associate it with Islam in particular. Helps that we generally do a good job of integrating immigrants, which is admitedly made easier by the fact we mostly accept those from french-speaking Muslim countries such as Algeria or Lebannon.
    Actual vetting and standards helped unlike Europe.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

This guy will be the new Dylan Roof, the example that gets trotted out from now on when someone dares to bring up Islamic terror incidents lol. Can't wait to see Cenk and Ana flip out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The muslims was apparently just a witness and have been released, quite funny he also ran away with the shooter though, they also said there was a third guy but im not so sure.
    The apartment where Belkhadir was sojourning has been raided by the police. Two people were cuffed, but we don't know anything else.

It seems that we won't get much for the time being.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one is right, then?
    Obviously the one that confirms, rather than challenges my biases.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this, folks, is why we don't jump to conclusions.

How often do you have to be wrong to learn...?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    I don't know, we have people in the US who are against capital punishment, yet they are for killing babies via abortion.

Strange world we live in.
    Strange? You mean fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The apartment where Belkhadir was sojourning has been raided by the police. Two people were cuffed, but we don't know anything else.

Yeah better to just wait untill we have some real info.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01...olice-say.html

Only one of the two men arrested in the minutes after the terror attack at a mosque in Quebec City is a suspect, police revealed Monday, saying the other man they handcuffed was a witness.

The lone suspect was identified as Alexandre Bissonnette, a student at the nearby Laval University, a law enforcement source told Reuters.

Police initially named Mohamed el Khadir as a second suspect, The Associated Press reported, before cops apparently backtracked.

Witnesses said at least one gunman shouted 'Allahu akbar!' while opening fire at the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre Sunday night, killing six men.

Police said they arrested one man outside the mosque -- and another suspect turned himself in, calling 911 less than 20 minutes later and giving officers his location in d'Orleans so they could arrest him. It was unclear whether Bissonnette was the man who made the phone call.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the attack, calling it a “terrorist attack on Muslims.” The attack unfolded in the men's section of the mosque.

Five people were in critical condition and 12 others suffered minor injuries, University of Quebec Hospital Centre spokeswoman Genevieve Dupuis said Monday. The dead ranged in age from age 35 to 60.

A possible motive was unclear. Police said they did not believe there were other suspects.

One gunman was armed with an AK-47, the Le Soleil newspaper reported.

“The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head,” a witness who asked to remain anonymous told Radio Canada.

President Trump expressed his condolences to Trudeau and the Canadian people and offered to provide any assistance needed, according to the prime minister's office.

“It was with tremendous shock, sadness and anger that I heard of this evening’s tragic and fatal shooting at the Centre culturel islamique de Quebec located in the Ste-Foy neighborhood of the city of Quebec,” Trudeau said in a statement. “Muslim-Canadians are an important part of our national fabric, and these senseless acts have no place in our communities, cities and country.”

The gunfire started at the Islamic center at around 8 p.m., Le Journal de Quebec reported. More than 50 people were attending prayer service at the time of the shooting. The center's president Mohamed Yangui said the shooters reloaded at least three times.

Police ramped up security at mosques across the country after the massacre.

An unidentified man looking for his friends, who were regular attendees of evening prayers, told Le Journal de Quebec, "I've tried to reach them, but I cannot. It's terrible."

The French-speaking province of Quebec has been embroiled in a lengthy debate about race and religious accommodation. The previous separatist government of the province called for a ban on ostentatious religious symbols such as the hijab in public institutions.

The CBC reported that someone left a pig's head on the mosque's doorstep this past June,
    during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Islam's holy book, the Koran, forbids them from consuming pork.

"We were told that it was an isolated act, but today we have deaths," Yangui told reporters. "It is minutes and hours of terror and anguish."

In the U.S., the NYPD said in a statement that officers have been told to give “special attention” to mosques in the area. Police said they were monitoring the situation in Quebec.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Too many people on both sides too eager to say "I told you so" than to reflect on the unnecessary loss of life.

Gotta advance that agenda tho.
    Everyone wants to be right. This thread already looks like a betting game on what religion/race the shooters are.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post

Well, at least I am pleased you used the word "sojourning". It rarely if ever is used in the US, and it has always been a favorite word of mind since the 5th grade. Not sure why it isn't used more often.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It takes a special kind of hatefulness to take a case where 5 innocent people died from a hate crime, and use that as a vehicle to attack people like the victims for daring to be here in the first place.

My sympathies lie entirely with the victims, who should never have to face this kind of hostility.
    When isn't murder a hate crime?