Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Shadowpriest BiS tier pieces!

Hello fellow SPriests! my question is; i have the legendary bracers and the new legendary ring that spread dots with your first mindflay in VF, What peaces of tier should i bee wearing?

Shoulders, hat, chest, legs

If you don't have shoulder legendary its : Shoulders , Helm , Chest and Legs - but you never know with titanforges - u might roll cloak or hands 920 in this case adjust

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalazi View Post
    If you don't have shoulder legendary its : Shoulders , Helm , Chest and Legs - but you never know with titanforges - u might roll cloak or hands 920 in this case adjust
    With legendary shoulders its Helm , Chest, Legs and cloak?

You should probably check which are the highest scoring pieces you have using the weights in the guide, manually or entered into Pawn:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...and-Discussion

(Especially given what @Dubalazi pointed out about titanforging. That 925 LFR cloak might be better for you after all.)

There is more to it than just the pieces themselves.

What difficulty are you killing each boss at?
    When do you expect to kill certain bosses in the future?
    What are the best off pieces in Nighthold?
    Which bosses are dropping these off pieces?
    Which bosses drop the tiers?

- The vast minority of us will not see Guldan mythic for months. That reduces the value of tier legs.
    - The off piece chest, gloves and legs all drop from early bosses and have BiS stats. These are easier to aquire @ mythic and can drop titanforged sooner, making their respective tier pieces less attractive.
    - Tier chest and cloak drop early in the raid, making them more attractive.
    - Cloaks have the lowest stat budget of all the tiers items, making the tier more attractive, as it means you can get a higher ilvl and budgeted off piece.
    - It's probably worth more to have 4p for 3 extra weeks than to wait for 1 specific item (guldan hc kill f.ex)

I would say that you always want shoulders+cloak+helm, then the option of the last pieces will depend on how the rest of your gear is looking. If you are too low on crit, get the chest. If you are too low on haste (more likely), get the legs. Obviously, if you have legendary shoulders the tier shoulders are out of the question. Gloves might even work for you if you have very low crit and can use both the off piece chest and legs.

Deleted
    its tricky to choose the pieces.
    I have legendary shoulders and cloak.

I also have shoulders tier (895), head (880) and chest (875). If i change legendary shoulders for tier one and equip cloak i will get a better stats. Change for 10k haste to 11k haste (3% haste from shoulders in void form its nheee :/ )... i dont know what to do ^.^

Just got my 4p yesterday. Based on that: do literally anything/anyone to get your 4p as soon as physically possible, then worry about getting the right pieces later.

Deleted
    There isn't really 4 specific items you should go for. It all depends on what other pieces you would have in the slots compared to the respective tier pieces.
    I've gone with the answer above, get 4-set asap and try to maximize later (Which is quite annoying having to use an 860 cloak instead of my old 900 one )

Deleted
    Majority of people who have legendary shoulders should ignore the cloack because cloack adds 0 stats to our very demanding caps. It's also easier to get high haste cloack than it is to get high haste gloves. Also makes it easier to swap items if you get the legendary cloack when you already have 2 bad ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulljezn View Post
    Majority of people who have legendary shoulders should ignore the cloack because cloack adds 0 stats to our very demanding caps. It's also easier to get high haste cloack than it is to get high haste gloves. Also makes it easier to swap items if you get the legendary cloack when you already have 2 bad ones.
    right now i am using legendary cloak instead of shoulders... i need to chase for the cloak or hand to keep using the legendary shoulders (i had already 4 pieces, shoulders tier (895), head (880), chest (875) and legs).

So for better stats it will better invest time to get hands?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfas View Post
    right now i am using legendary cloak instead of shoulders... i need to chase for the cloak or hand to keep using the legendary shoulders (i had already 4 pieces, shoulders tier (895), head (880), chest (875) and legs).

So for better stats it will better invest time to get hands?
    I worded that quite poorly but. 4p>legendary. Legendary shoulders>Legendary Cloack. With legendary Shoulders, get 4 pice with gloves>4 piece with cloack . This applies to people who are lower ilvl because they need to reach 10k haste and 4k crit which cloack has none of the above stats. Also if you have legendary cloack and shoulders both you will need to simply get other tier pieces.

Actually, the cloak slot has the least amount of stats, so it is way easier to just bite the bullet there with the little mastery it does add as opposed to the useless gloves that would waste 2 stats in higher magnitudes. So if you have legendary shoulders you should just aim for cloak/head/pants/chest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mindwalks View Post
    Actually, the cloak slot has the least amount of stats, so it is way easier to just bite the bullet there with the little mastery it does add as opposed to the useless gloves that would waste 2 stats in higher magnitudes. So if you have legendary shoulders you should just aim for cloak/head/pants/chest.
    But the thing is. Gloves have crit mainstat, vers offstat. Back has vers mainstat and mastery offstat. So with low ilvl its easier to get to crit/haste cape with gloves as legendary when botanist drops high haste cloack.

But the thing is. Gloves have crit mainstat, vers offstat. Back has vers mainstat and mastery offstat. So with low ilvl its easier to get to crit/haste cape with gloves as legendary when botanist drops high haste cloack.
    You mean star augur? the cloak which also has vers? well sure, it has a nice haste value . . . at the cost of an absolutely wasted slot (gloves,) when you can honestly settle for the skorpyron gloves, so overall you'd simply be losing out on ~200 haste with the upside of securing a ton of mastery and being well itemized -a factor that will be way more desirable as mythic becomes farmable and secondaries make up the difference with higher ilvls. And even then, you could always get the Nelths gloves which are absolutely BiS, something you'd lose out on if you had to wear the tier gloves (compared to having well itemized cloak which would offer less secondary stats anyways, that's why it's okay to bit the bullet.)
    Last edited by mindwalks; 2017-02-05 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    I am talking purely about lower ilvl geared people who need advice. Most of them lack haste/crit. LETS ASSUME THE PERSON IS LACKING STATS BECAUSE OF LOW ILVL. Now lets compare hc scorp gloves+hc tier back vs augur back+tier gloves.

Tier back stats:
    gloves:
    1415 int 410 haste 761 mastery
    back:
    1122 int 582 vers 313 mastery

Tier gloves+Augur back:
    gloves:
    1483 int 827 crit 366 vers

back:
    1112 int 639 haste 225 vers

Comes down to:
    1074 mastery 21 vers vs 68 int 229 haste 827 crit.

So if we use LoTV 4p stat weights we get down to:
    1.36*1074+21*0.9 vs 68*1+229*1.2+827*1.02 or 1479.5 vs 1186.3. A loss of 300 but making it much easier to hit the caps. Im just saying for lower geared people who struggle immensly with stat caps, tier gloves might be a better option.

For me it would allow me to switch some gems and finally be able to use something else than 840 haste stat stick netting me huge dps.
    Last edited by mmoc01b19292b2; 2017-02-05 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    Since alot of the tier pieces have shit stats. Ill probably just try to take the lower slots as tier pieces. So probably Shoulders/Cloak/Gloves/Head as tier. Ofcourse it all depends on wf/tf procs aswell.

Deleted
    You only need 4k crit in the current build. Crit you already get from the torso and head; glove are a just overkill.

You can stare at the "caps" (breakpoints) all you like, but in the end 4p is gonna give you more dps than missing a breakpoint. And if you have more than 4 pieces, there are so many combinations of so many different ilvls that any generic guidelines you try to come up with, won't be suitable for the person asking "do i take ilvl 895 gloves or ilvl 880 cloak, with this offpiece or that offpiece".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    You can stare at the "caps" (breakpoints) all you like, but in the end 4p is gonna give you more dps than missing a breakpoint. And if you have more than 4 pieces, there are so many combinations of so many different ilvls that any generic guidelines you try to come up with, won't be suitable for the person asking "do i take ilvl 895 gloves or ilvl 880 cloak, with this offpiece or that offpiece".

That's what sim are for.

However, in most of the case; Cloak > glove.