Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Id like such an xpac to borrow ideas from the film "pacific rim". Ashara sends massive kaiju at land targets. They increase in frequency until a double Event.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    seems legit, that argus leads us to "void lords" story via sargeras story, which leads us to old god stuff with nzoth left, which leads us to aszhara. sounds very reasonable to me.

on the other side, there were that many reasonable assumptions before WoD, and blizz did..... WoD. ... so...
    I would think its more likely that while were away on argus, Azshara uses this opportunity to set some shit in motion that will free N'zoth. Void Lords dont really tie into the Legion one bit, but they could be a nice pick up point from taking care of N'zoth after that expansion is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    I would think its more likely that while were away on argus, Azshara uses this opportunity to set some shit in motion that will free N'zoth. Void Lords dont really tie into the Legion one bit, but they could be a nice pick up point from taking care of N'zoth after that expansion is done.
    thats what i mean. sargeras is heavily tied to the void lords. at the end of legion, on argus, we will here the term "void lords" first time ingame, i assume.

aszhara using her time, while we are away and fighting outer space, seems perfectly legit. imagine you come back, stormwind/orgrimmar full of nagas nagas everywhere. like... demons... but... nagas

Has everyone forgotten that the fact that Azeroth is basically just an giant egg and that there is a Titan incubating inside? There's bound to be a expansion for that story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Naja and Old God forces destroy most of Aszhara in an attempt to conquer Orgm outright, Aszharas Crater added as this expacs Tol Barad/WG
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    naga already have player quality models, they just need more variation.

mounts are easy, side sadle or just ban them from mounts and give them a special naga only snap dragon mount.
    *which are naga mounts*

could allow them to use pad mounts to.

they also have a flying unit in wc3 that i am sure could be turned into a mount.

Chris metzen himself wanted playable naga in TBC *and demon hunters were orginally planned for TBC it till they scrapped it like how illidan was going to be a ally then walking us threw outland*

also there is rebel naga in lore *not in game*, then there is also the illidari naga which are questionable but also seem to be our allies with a new leader in the same way demon hunters are our allies.

FINALLY, blizzard has had a history of not caring about clipping as long as it is cool still.
    Yeah ban the player from almost 350 unique mounts What an excellent solution And what about flying?

A flying unit is nowhere near to an actual flying mount.

Good thing that Metzen is no longer at Blizzard.

Having a friendly Naga NPC in-game and letting players control them are totally different things.

TLDR: Playable Naga race will never happen. Get over it already.

Just to point it out; bipedal variations of naga are not out of the question (naga brutes have feet, for example). Perhaps an equivalent of the worgen Running Wild spell could be used to switch between feet / tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Just to point it out; bipedal variations of naga are not out of the question (naga brutes have feet, for example). Perhaps an equivalent of the worgen Running Wild spell could be used to switch between feet / tail.

So when you press a button your Naga suddenly grows a pair of feet? Or how do you think that would work?

Also, this is a Naga brute, which has (aside from the skin color and shape of head) nothing to do with the Naga model some people desperately want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a small village on an island which pays homage to Innsmouth. At night, the population say humans turn into Murlocs like the humans did in Pyrewood when they turned into Worgen.

I'd think it'd be a nice little nod to H. P. Lovecraft and fits in perfectly with the theme.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be very honest here, don't you think a Azshara/N'zoth focused expansion would feel too much like a cataclysm redo? We have already had several Naga focused dungeons and zones, and when it comes to the old gods, we have really seen tentacles for days at this point.

I personally don't believe, and hope, that Azshara will get her own expansion. She will hopefully get a patch just like Ragnaros in Cata did, but nothing more. If we get an entire expansion with ALOT of naga and facecless ones, then i think we will be pretty bored with the theme pretty quickly, since we have most of it before.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

It seems very likely that the end of Legion will have us if not killing sargeras and destroying the legion than at least we will take them out from being a threat to us for a very good while. That leads us to the last major threat at the time being the Void Lords. We cant deal with them in the void directly until we sure up the home from and that means taking out N'Zoth and Azshara who serves him I have a feeling we might also if not in that expansion then when he deal with the void lords see a return of the Old Gods in the Void or something along that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    To be very honest here, don't you think a Azshara/N'zoth focused expansion would feel too much like a cataclysm redo? We have already had several Naga focused dungeons and zones, and when it comes to the old gods, we have really seen tentacles for days at this point.

I personally don't believe, and hope, that Azshara will get her own expansion. She will hopefully get a patch just like Ragnaros in Cata did, but nothing more. If we get an entire expansion with ALOT of naga and facecless ones, then i think we will be pretty bored with the theme pretty quickly, since we have most of it before.
    Pirates, trolls, goblins, etc.

Plenty of other stuff on the Sea that is not Naga/tentacle related

Well said man. Well said... Here really hoping for something totally unexpected (Pandaria style). Come on, just look back at how awesome the variety and novelty in that expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Because all that is totally new and never seen in Azeroth before

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want Kul Tiras as the Alliance starting zone, complete with Boralus as their capital city. The way Shadowmoon Valley/Karabor was meant to be.

I want Kezan as the Horde starting zone, complete with Undermine as their capital city. The way Frostfire Ridge/Bladespire Citadel was meant to be.

Plunder Isle and Zandalar as shared levelling zones, along with another 3-4 that are a mix of islands and underwater regions.

Zuldazar raid and Nazjatar raid.

Naga as a playable race.

Give me at least that much and I can die happy. I've been waiting for this expansion since vanilla
    Last edited by Apology; 2017-01-30 at 05:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Plenty of other stuff on the Sea that is not Naga/tentacle related
    Well, then its not really a Azshara expansion right? If you have to focus on other aspects then the main antagonist to make the expansion theme unique, then you might aswell make a pirate expansion with Azshara being a side villian. If Azshara is to be a main bad guy, then we pretty much have to have more naga dungeons/zones, and i personally think it is a bit boring as a zone/dungon flavor after all this time.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Well, then its not really a Azshara expansion right? If you have to focus on other aspects then the main antagonist to make the expansion theme unique, then you might aswell make a pirate expansion with Azshara being a side villian. If Azshara is to be a main bad guy, then we pretty much have to have more naga dungeons/zones, and i personally think it is a bit boring as a zone/dungon flavor after all this time.
    Look at Legion. Plenty of variety even though the Legion are the main enemies. Nightborne, Vrykul, Legion, Drogbar, Nightmare, etc.

A South Seas expansion can have tons of variety with Azshara/N'Zoth as the big bads. You have goblins with Kezan and a new Gallywix story arc. There's the Bloodsail Buccaneers on Plunder Isle. Kul Tiras and a new Jaina story arc. A resolution to the Zandalari plot. Possible Darkspear lore on the Darkspear Islands. A final conflict with Azshara and N'Zoth, the last of the Old Gods. All of this makes sense with established lore and fits well together in an expansion

So when you press a button your Naga suddenly grows a pair of feet? Or how do you think that would work?

Also, this is a Naga brute, which has (aside from the skin color and shape of head) nothing to do with the Naga model some people desperately want.
    Looks like you were too busy being sarcastic to get my point. I provided the image as context, showing that Blizzard has already made thoughts about what Naga feet may look like. Obviously, the Naga model Blizzard potentially could make at some point in the future won't look like that. And yeah, if a human can change into a wolf at the touch of a button, then I bet your ass that a naga can grow a pair of feet. It's called magic. It's what the game is based on. It's the same thing that lets you turn your enemies into sheep, transforms demon hunters into winged monsters every 4 minutes and pull 16 ton dragons out of your belt pouch whenever you need a ride to the nearest floating city.

If they do make playable Naga a neutral race, the Devs are going to have to learn from the failure that are Panderan. Panderan are a failure because there is absolutely zero difference between the two factions. What they should of done was introduce two Panderan clans with different cultures and motivations. With playable Naga, it should go farther than that and have different animations, class options, hairstyles, customizations, architecture, and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    Because all that is totally new and never seen in Azeroth before
    They can (and probably will) add never seen before races/culture to the mix as they did with every single expansion set. Also, expanding the lore on already known races is a good thing.

BC had focus on plenty of other stuff besides the Burning Legion (Coilfang in Zangarmarsh, Ogri'la in BEM, Blood Elves in the Sunwell, Trolls in ZA and so on).
    LK had focus on the Vrykul, Tuskarr, Blue Dragonflight, etc.
    Cataclysm also had Trolls in it while the expansion centered around Deathwing and the Hour of Twilight.
    Pandaria had the Jinyu, Hozen, Mogu, Mantid.
    Warlords is a no comment.
    And the latest example is Legion where we learned more about Elven, Tauren and Vrykul lore. It also introduced the Drogbar and soon we will take a look at Argus on what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Looks like you were too busy being sarcastic to get my point. I provided the image as context, showing that Blizzard has already made thoughts about what Naga feet may look like. Obviously, the Naga model Blizzard potentially could make at some point in the future won't look like that. And yeah, if a human can change into a wolf at the touch of a button, then I bet your ass that a naga can grow a pair of feet. It's called magic. It's what the game is based on. It's the same thing that lets you turn your enemies into sheep, transforms demon hunters into winged monsters every 4 minutes and pull 16 ton dragons out of your belt pouch whenever you need a ride to the nearest floating city.
    Humans and Worgen have feet by default. They don't need any magic to use them

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Playable Naga make perfect sense, because Naga can form different factions. Actually, one Naga faction already work with us (Illidan forces).

My idea for 'Naga/Azshara' expansion:

- title: Black Empire
    - theme: while we were on Argus, N'zoth unleashed all his forces and sleeper agents to take control on whole Azeroth
    - race: neutral Naga OR Vrykul for Alliance and Ogres for Horde

- leveling: isles on South Seas: Zandalar, Tel Abim, Plunder Isle, Kezan
    - max level zone (like Suramar) - Kul'Tiras

- raid tiers and patches

1. Zandalar (prophet Zul as last boss) + small pirate raid on Plunder Isle ToV style
    2. Kul'Tiras - formerly proud human city fallen to Old Gods corruption - last boss lady Jaina Proudmoore
    3. Nazjatar - come with patch with underwater zone, last boss Azshara
    4. Nyalotha - full Old God theme, we fight N'Zoth and try to stop him before he corrupt Azeroth.
    I like this alot!