Poll: Is this build good?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation New Frost Death Knight Breath of Sindragosa build

What do you guys think? Or are there better ones out there?

Deleted
    How is that new? People have been using BoS builds like this (FF of HoW depending on legendary) since weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    How is that new? People have been using BoS builds like this (FF of HoW depending on legendary) since weeks.
    It's relatively new in terms of viability. It's new as of 7.1.5 which I suppose is a few weeks old now but now is a pretty good time to make a subjective poll like this. Everybody has had threeish weeks to play with the new build and get a feel for whether or not they like it. I personally find it much more fun than the old braindead build.

I prefer the Machinegun build/rotation. Something about smashing obliterate and frost strike just feels good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    I prefer the Machinegun build/rotation. Something about smashing obliterate and frost strike just feels good.
    The issue with this spec and why I refuse to play it anymore is down to the overcapping of resources. With 4 set, you'll virtually never be runic powered starved and you'll be overcapping alot, which is a significant dps loss. For m+ I usually run with Frostscythe and Glacial advance, normally runic starved at the start patch 7.1.5. Since I have 4 set now, I don't have this issue at all and can keep up icy talons with little regard to RP management. BoS allows you to to frontload a ton of resources in a short time frame and allows you to continue casting Obliterate, Remorseless Winter and Howling blast (with Rime) while your excess RP is being spent. It's a very GCD efficient playstyle which seems to be outperforming unholy on both ST and cleave in NH. I may switch this spec for some bosses, Elisandre is one example where short bursts are crucial given the amount of movement required and add nuking.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2017-01-30 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Might feel good, but with 4pc a BoS build is more than 10% ahead.
    In fact properly played BoS DKs might very well be the top melee ingame right now, even ahead of DHs.
    Last edited by mmoc6ca09c3993; 2017-01-30 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Elisandre is one example where short bursts are crucial given the amount of movement required and add nuking.
    Elisande is the only boss i can't see BoS work on. You barely ever hit each target more than 10 seconds before swapping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hoschelhoff View Post
    Elisande is the only boss i can't see BoS work on. You barely ever hit each target more than 10 seconds before swapping.
    You have to plan ahead. You can easily fuck it up, thats true. But the potential with the haste buffs is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    The issue with this spec and why I refuse to play it anymore is down to the overcapping of resources. With 4 set, you'll virtually never be runic powered starved and you'll be overcapping alot, which is a significant dps loss.
    When i use MG, I started using gathering storm instead of runic attenuation and have less rp overflow and more damage ^^

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Note: this build takes softcaps and its required. About 18-20%crit, 25% haste. After that, dump even more to haste(top performing people got more than 35% haste)and all the rest to mastery. After the 18-20%crit, everything with haste/mastery is basicly really good(with haste being major).

AND:

You also need to get the legendary Ring. AND if you could get the helm or bracers/waist.

If you don't have the gear, this build is NOT fun(you better go with regular builds as you will perform better). But if you do, the DPS you can deal will also make the rotation more rewarding(or fun).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-30 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Careful planning of this fight is extremely crucial. For thr first 30 seconds of this fight in phase one you should be full time cleaving the boss and adds. You never want to use it just before a switch and ideally you want unload during burn phases 3-4 times ideally. It also significantly outperforms Unholy, doing over 600k dps without the ring and belt on a high movement fight like this has been reported on Warcraftlogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Note: this build takes softcaps and its required. About 18-20%crit, 25% haste. After that, dump even more to haste(top performing people got more than 35% haste)and all the rest to mastery. After the 18-20%crit, everything with haste/mastery is basicly really good(with haste being major).

AND:

You also need to get the legendary Ring. AND if you could get the helm or bracers/waist.

If you don't have the gear, this build is NOT fun(you better go with regular builds as you will perform better). But if you do, the DPS you can deal will also make the rotation more rewarding(or fun).
    I have the waist and using a utility because I have crap RNG with legendaries.

I hate the waist...

One fight I will have a super long Breath due to amazing procs, other times it is short because I get 0 procs. The randomness of it bothers the crap out of me...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I have the waist and using a utility because I have crap RNG with legendaries.

I hate the waist...

One fight I will have a super long Breath due to amazing procs, other times it is short because I get 0 procs. The randomness of it bothers the crap out of me...
    That is why you need the Ring. Even if your RNG sucks during 1st BoS, you get another go with the Ring(giving extra charge to hungering rune weapon and reducing the CD), which will make your DPS go from expected to super crazy depending on your luck.

Otherwise go with the Ring and the Helm where you play with Freezing Fog. Your Rime will hit for like 2+mil DPS with Pillar of Frost. Good when you have downtime on BoS(these will be the ultimate legendaries to get)and the syngery is amazing for RP generation, everytime you use Rime with 4-set bonus.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-30 at 01:49 PM.

Elisande is one of the fights where BoS excels. Blue add spawns, red add is gripped to blue, boss brought over to blue. BoS the shit out of the three. Just plan it properly so you're not trying to hold a breath while she's blinking away to to the rings. I love BoS on that fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    That is why you need the Ring. Even if your RNG sucks during 1st BoS, you get another go with the Ring(giving extra charge to hungering rune weapon and reducing the CD), which will make your DPS go from expected to super crazy depending on your luck.

Otherwise go with the Ring and the Helm where you play with Freezing Fog. Your Rime will hit for like 2+mil DPS with Pillar of Frost. Good when you have downtime on BoS(these will be the ultimate legendaries to get)and the syngery is amazing for RP generation, everytime you use Rime with 4-set bonus.
    I have helm/wrists and CoF. Each breath is at minimum 30secs and the HB crits during the PoF and bracers is gnarly. I'm going to stick with this combo...especially since I just got the Sindy legs....

This is just some dude trying to pimp his youtube channel. Shameless.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Honestly. It's new to me. I've always ran machine gun build until I saw this video and thought I'd try it out.

Deleted
    death knights are not viable. flat dmg buff and everyone has forgot core issues.

I have the hat but not the ring... Yet this build is quite a bit better for me than machine gun. I have 885 ilvl and i was doing about 600k dps on heroic nh fights around 4 minutes long. I think with bis gear this will outperform rogue ret and dh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    death knights are not viable. flat dmg buff and everyone has forgot core issues.
    Not viable.
    Top Kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Death Knight not viable? Can you elaborate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haxedagain View Post
    I have the hat but not the ring... Yet this build is quite a bit better for me than machine gun. I have 885 ilvl and i was doing about 600k dps on heroic nh fights around 4 minutes long. I think with bis gear this will outperform rogue ret and dh.
    Haxebuild what does your machine gun build look like. Are you still using Frostscythe?