Thread: Drape of shame

Drape of shame

Hey guys,

I've made a comeback to healing 3 week ago and was wondering if i can trust Mr.Robot or not on the trinket / back. I know the Drape of shame is realy good since we are stacking a fair lots of crit in raid but when does it start to fall behind ? is there a % crit that i need to keep to be worth it or sometime if i do mythic+ with my mythic gear with only 18% crit i should switch to a 880 back with more stats ?

My raiding stats are those: 25.28% crit
    9.22% haste
    93.46% mastery
    2.58% versatility

Thanks for the help.

Not entirely sure how shamans are, but as far as i know drape of shame should be the best cloak until 915 ilvl or so, you could check out your resto shaman discord channel and see if you find more information there.

Also factor in that tidal waves gives us a huge chance to crit on healing surge and that our set bonuses give extra bonuses to using HS/HW and tidal waves. That all makes the drape even better for us than some other healers that don't use as much crit. Not sure of the exact cut off point, but your mileage will vary depending on your relics and crit chance and all.

yeah i totally forgot about the tier bonus that buff the cloak even more. So basicly Mr.Robot is right ? is it the same with the trinket they list is it the best order ?

I know my crits hit for 32k more on HS and Chainheal. While my normal casts are around 4k less with drape of shame. I run 29% crit though.

Deleted
    I made this simple Drape of Shamem Calculator, maybe it helps. It works for all classes, because it values the difference of your effective healing output. Downsite is, you only can use it if you already have a comparison item.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...s5rQ8ibzNVoOU/

AMR is decent for gear upgrades but trinkets not so much. it keeps telling me bottled hurricane and cocoon is my BiS. for Resto trinkets look into a crit or mastery stat stick. an 875+ mastery one can be found off of nightbane in kara and a random one is off of helya. some will advocate one of each but you can as well pair it with a vial of nightmare fog from EN or maybe the cake off of trilliax

Quote Originally Posted by fratzi View Post
    I made this simple Drape of Shamem Calculator, maybe it helps. It works for all classes, because it values the difference of your effective healing output. Downsite is, you only can use it if you already have a comparison item.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...s5rQ8ibzNVoOU/
    Very cool spreadsheet, but we have to keep in mind that the character sheet doesn't really reflect everything that needs to be considered to decide if the drape is better or not. For example, a shaman's tidal waves make a big difference to crit chance depending on the spell you cast. There are also artifact traits to consider (e.g. empowered droplets, tidal chains, floodwaters). Your play style also makes a difference: if you use a lot of riptide, HW, HS with echo of the elements and tidal waves, you might benefit more than someone who only uses chain heal (or not, it really depends on so many factors). Also you might decide that it should go on a mythic+ set and not on a raiding set or vice versa.

Your mileage will likely vary depending on a lot of different factors!