Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Some people feel like they should be on a level playing field (sort of what we had in EVERY expansion in the past) after 45 days worth of grinding. This expansion brought out the worst in world of grind craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    If they try legendaries again in the next expansion, I'd hazard a guess that they'll be utility-only. Their current legendary experiment didn't work because they were completely wrong about the significance and impact of not getting the right performance-increasing legendaries. I mean, there's not really another way of expressing it - they were just straight-up wrong and made a bad call.
    It feels like legendaries were all designed by multiple developers who were not even allowed to talk to each other.

If they even have a math guy, I don't think it's possible that this guy would see the extremely rare legendary being over a 10% performance boost compared to the other extremely rare legendary, let alone compared to nothing, and say "oh no, that's fine, let's keep it this way. Good work, Jimmy".

Then again, this was the expansion in which they seem to have no idea of what to do and they just nerf and buff things at random until it sort of looks decent, what with shadow priests being able to simply outdps people twice over and crap like that. Maybe they didn't have the math guy to slap them over the terrible legendary design. That would actually explain all the terrible implementations in this expansion.

That and the current dev's ridiculous ego - they can't even prevent the devs from being hostile to players on twitter, imagine the kind of crap they pull in-doors.

What the 'omg you have 4 stop crying' idiots don't realize is that having 4 bad legendaries is worse than having no legendaries. It's not "oh, what sweet oj can i equip today?". It's "i have to put it in the bank because it has bad stats and now i need to put in double or triple the effort i've already put in for my next one that can also be bad"

The distance from 4th to 5th is incredible. The distance from 5th to 6th is soul-crushing.

There should've been some sort of credit system, a way to target specific legendaries, or the complete removal of the shit system.

The weekly legendary qq thread! I have 34 days played, have done 200+ mythics, all raids up to heroic and some mythic since release, etc. 893 ilvl equipped, 899 in bags....3 legendaries with none bis. Feels bad man.

The real problem with the system is outliers. Statistically, most players will get at least one bis legendary by the time they hit 3 or 4 legendaries total, but some will not. Because there is no mode of recourse, these players have for all intents and purposes lost the game until blizzard cranks up the drop chance and, like me, just deal with your sub optimal performance.
    Last edited by Zardam; 2017-01-30 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be Simply Devastated if my dog died.

I am mildly annoyed I can not get a BIS Legendary.

Yes yes OP we are all casual and you are the greatest player to ever play.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    I got my 4th legendary not long ago, and for my spec to work as good as it should be, i need one specific legendary and i dont have it.
    So im playing an alt - same class - on the side of my main and hopefully his legendaries wont be total crap like the ones i have right now.
    You aren't alone from what I've read... it's pitiful. A completely broken idea, implemented in an asinine way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    Actually, no, people wouldn't be fine with it, because a lot of legendaries have completely trash stats for their spec and are only good BECAUSE of the effect and the ilvl bonus to main stat.
    If you're upgrading fro 880 stuff... maybe. But the raw stats from say 850 to 940 are worth it even if the stats aren't optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If you're upgrading fro 880 stuff... maybe. But the raw stats from say 850 to 940 are worth it even if the stats aren't optimal.
    No, it's not. No Fire Mage with an 880 (which is /incredibly/ easy to get right now, NH normal is 875) with, say, crit and haste is going to drop that for a 940 with haste/mastery. It doesn't work in sims, it doesn't work in real life play. On top of that, why should a big, shiny, super rare item - with sub-optimal stats - ever even be equal to an 880 with proper stats because the effect is trash? Even the worst legendaries should at least be worth considering, yet many of them are instant bank fodder, purely because you can't vendor or DE them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time you think you've seen the wow community sink as low as they can go, they will prove you wrong. Complaining about the fourth legendary is a new low for me.

On top of that, many of the new legendaries introduced are ALSO complete trash, like the Resto Druid gloves or Balance shoulders.
    Except the balance shoulders are good

what happens when you re-roll and get the same legs? or no legs? i just dont get the risk. Yes the system sucks and yes its not balanced but i can't see re-rolling better viable.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It feels really bad when you look at rankings and see that 99% of the players are wearing the same legendary and you don't have it then random alt #35 gets it as their first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Except the balance shoulders are good
    No, they're not. At all. They give around a 2% DPS increase and are on par with the chest or boots for their utility of saving a couple GCDs.

I would delete all 3 of my legendaries right now in a heartbeat to get my bad luck protection reset back to square one. They're all utility legendaries, and I have the 2 worst parsing ones according to warcraftlogs legendary rankings by spec.

Yeah that's a great system blizz...

Having four legendaries and a chance at two more is also ruining my day. Thank god there's not more of them.

{touches earpeice}

There's also crafted legendaries!! NOooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Damn you, Damn you all to hell!

{zoom out to head of Statue of Liberty}
    Last edited by GhostSkull; 2017-01-30 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Today I received my 4th Legendary, the moment you see the fabled orange text your heart skips a beat and then sinks all in one go as you realise what you have just gone through to receive such a poor excuse for a "legendary". This week & last week I have done >140 M+ carry runs, LFR/Normal/Heroic Full clears of every raid, emissary, weekly cache of 12+ (pre 7.1.5) and 15+ (post 7.1.5).

Soft-cap removal for legendary pity counter is all well and good but the questions still remain.
    1. Is it better to continue the grind at the chance of getting 1 legendary that will be an outright boost in DPS by >60k?
    2. Do new characters have a legendary catch-up mechanic applied (from what I have seen it certainly looks like it).

With Nighthold now available along with the Artifact Knowledge catch up now seems better than ever to simply re-roll your character to have another chance at becoming viable in high end raiding. The sheer disparity in DPS is completely ridiculus purely because the RNG Gods shone their light on Casual Joe for him to receive 2 BiS legendaries which tally >100k DPS where just 1 BiS legendary is >60k DPS meanwhile Hardcore Harry has done >500 M+ runs and received all utility/bottom tier DPS legendaries or even legendaries that became bottom tier because of the changes in 7.1.5.

Exorsus spoke of this very problem and sadly it was ignored by blizzard until today when I read a blue post that some changes are coming in 7.2.
    See:7.2 Legendary System
    We currently don't know the details of the coming changes but two things come to mind.
    1. Are we going to end up with a proper fix?
    2. Is this fix going to be soon enough?

My current ilvl: 892 equipped
    At roughly 45days played at current level, I have come to the conclusion that I could potentially provide my raid with MUCH greater DPS purely by re-rolling my character and putting in a bit of effort.

I am a Demon Hunter so not as many will feel the pain as much as I do (insert joke "What have you sacrificed?") with the restriction to one per server as other classes are not bound by this. I have now resorted to rolling on another server and transfer them around if the new Demon Hunter ends up rolling with BiS legendaries before main.
    Dude, cancel your subscription now. If you have played 45 days in the past ~5 months you obviously have a severe problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Oh yes... I am so hard done by with my 4th legendary... Let me know when you have invested the time I have to achieve them in the first place.
    Interesting use of the word "achieve"

The legendary system is totally crap. The game from a moderate RPG has been transformed to a full-out Japanese Action Game grindcore. I like the game but its not WoW and certainly not an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    Between this system and getting rank 3 herbs/alchemy recipes/ cooking recipes/and more, what the heck were they thinking?
    That RNG is fun, and the longer you're frustrated by the system the happier you'll be when it finally rolls in your favor.

It's the only thing I can think of to explain their actions short of monumental idiocy and a blatant desire to piss off as many people as possible.

No, they're not. At all. They give around a 2% DPS increase and are on par with the chest or boots for their utility of saving a couple GCDs.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=4