Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I want gladiator back

Also really like the idea of shaman tanks, and ranged dps monks/paladins
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Harmonic Mage: Tanky type.
    Uses Slurry to slow enemies near the mage, reducing movement and attack speeds.
    Uses Napalm to damage mobs, applying stacking dots.
    Uses Abstruse to prevent/trivialize damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would add a chronomancy based healing spec for mages where they rewind pockets of time around an injured ally to essentially "undo" their wounds from occurring. Or maybe a bandage/physical medicine based healer. Perhaps for a warrior?

Or make Survival into a pet-based tanking spec.

I said third spec for Demon Hunters as sort of a jest. If they ever added any more specs to any classes, it should be something ranged for DHs, and giving Warriors Gladiator spec back, because that was a dick move to give it to them and then take it away.

Anything else, I'm actually kind of against, because if everyone can do everything, I think that'd get really diluted fast.

A ranged spec for DH where it focuses more on meta form. Kind of like the old way demonology spec was.

A more extreme change: Have Survival go back to it's posion/DoT ranged spec, and BM as a melee tank spec. I always thought of BM as a sort of "leader" that charges in with an army of pets behind/in front him.

Deleted
    Warrior tank ranged spec.

using shields is redundant in the moderon WoW.

Warriors should use guns instead of shields

Mage - Temporal. Healing spec with "rewinding wounds" magic, temporal shields etc.

DH - Souleater. Ranged dps spec with souls being like rogue combo points, but for ranged attacks.

DK - Make unholy focus only on plagues and make Necromancer a pet spec.

Shaman - Like many others said, a tanking spec with an earth theme.

Druid - A bear dps spec (fury warrior-like)? Nah, I dunno... -.-

Warlock - Affliction inspired healer. Instead of Drain Soul, you "Fill Soul" and your DoTs are HoTs and they do more healing if you "Fill Soul" on the target. :P :P :P

Priest - A holy caster dps.

Paladin - Dual shield tank spec. Like the first boss in Auchindoun. :P

Hunter - Eeeeh... I dunno... perhaps Ranger. Dunno what that would entail though that MM doesn't already do.

Warrior - Gladiator. You know what I mean.

Monk - Like many have said: caster dps inspired by Yulon.

Rogue - Blade dancer. Tank spec, avoiding hits.

I think the best ideas i have seen here and previously are:

Warrior - Gladiator - bring it back!
    Mage - Chronomancer - time themed healer
    Rogue - sharpshooter/deadeye - dual pistol and/or rifle ranged dps (this makes more sense to me than a shadowcaster version)
    shaman - earthwarden - earth themed tank spec
    hunter - bard - support/healer class - using skills in specific order creates different "chords" which are persistent auras that last until overwritten by a different chord.

Mage: Chronomancer (healer)
    Uses time to heal.

Warlock: Blood (healer)
    Uses blood magic and fel to heal.

Priest: Inquisitor (holy style DPs)

Rogue: deadshot (ranged assassin)
    Outlaw is now tanking.

Monk: Flame Dancer (range DPs)

Demon Hunter: Void (two hander DPs with shadow magic)
    like that NPC with the soul scythe.

Demon Hunter: (Bounty) range DPs
    Duel wields guns and cross bows with fel magic ammunitions

Shaman: Earth Warder (tank)

Hunter: dark ranger (dot spec)
    Survival is now tanking

Warrior: gladiator (sword and board dps)

Death Knight: Necromancer(heals)
    Uses necromancy to stitch and heal wounds

Paladin: Conviction (range DPs)
    Uses radiant (fire/holy) damage

My idea is to make these special paragon specs that are unlockable at max but are no more powerful than regular specs.
    Last edited by Varx; 2017-01-30 at 09:04 PM.

Paladins, even though I am biased, as I play one (and only him) - some sort of ranged dps, think plate caster, can probably be midrange/closer to melee. Not sure how that would work out. Though there is much simpler solution aka the Shockadin.
    Warriors - definitely bring back the Gladiator, looks like people really agree on this one, Sword and Board! Maybe add some kind of ranged damage, but not as primary.
    Shamans - tank, the so called Earthwarden, more emphasis on spells.
    Demon Hunters - ranged damage spec!

For others, not sure if needed, but:

Rogues - tank spec, high risk one, dance on brink of getting your face smashed in. Probably thinking too close to Demon Hunters, but still.
    Warlocks - tank spec too, but something like ranged tank. They would have to redesign all new encounters for this, though. Emphasis maybe on trading places with some Voidguard during tanking, but with demon assistance for sure.
    Mages - classical battlemage, in melee swinging swords and casting spells, jack of all trades, master of none.
    And maybe Deathknigts... Something like unholy healer, total opposite of every other healer.

And yes, the Tinker class if we are talking about new class. All the ideas about it are out there.

2-handed petless DPS spec for DK. I miss Blood DPS and 2h Frost.

@Nymrohd, I like this idea. You wouldn't need to make them all available to everyone. I would be fine with some of them being Faction specific. It would probably come down to doing something similar for every class though. Not that I think that is a bad thing but the end result here is it is far too large of a change to be pragmatic. Changing all of the specs for Legion took them months.

My personal favorite right now is something akin to yours in that you choose a subclass at a certain level(Like Farseer vs Windfury), and within every sub-class you would have 2 specs. My concept is make all of these sub-classes a little closer to each other than the current range of specs within a class. IE: Bear/kitty & Balance/Resto. But again not pragmatic.

Demon hunter glaive thrower.

Rogue that dual wields one-handed pistols/crossbows.

Hunter that throws javelins. Could just sacrifice Survival yet again to make this happen.

Earth based shaman tank. I could see it having a heavy focus on self-absorb gameplay or something like that.

Time-based mage healer, I know mages would hate people suddenly asking them if they have an off-spec but I'm a healer main anyway. Imagine a mechanic where they're HoT based but instead of ticking constantly like druid HoTs they're triggered by damage like Prayer of Mending. Place a time ward on a tank, when they take significant damage some portion of it is reversed over a period of X seconds. Sort of like a reverse Stagger. Also imagine a mechanic where instead of having a flash heal type of heal as their bread and butter heal, they actually heal while channeling, with a graphic of wounds being gradually closed up. Could also have a "Turn back the clock" type of raid-wide CD that heals the whole raid but based on damage taken in the last X seconds like Death Strike. Just not anywhere near 100% of that damage or it would pull ahead of Hymn/Tranquillity by a disgusting amount.
    Last edited by Raxz; 2017-01-31 at 12:45 AM.