Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Other games with smaller populations than Overwatch are capable of giving a solo queue ladder experience as well as a team queue one, so why can't Overwatch? Heck, Blizzard already has other multiplayer games where this is perfectly possible like StarCraft 2, and Heroes of the Storm. Having two separate ladders for solo and team queue would solve the issue.
    I don't know, I'd have to compare wait times or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

Why not? I personally don't see the problem with restricting party size in ranked if there's a queue for solo/duo and one for full parties.
    Because its not the way blizzard does it, if you only have a 5 man you're screwed, if you're at 4 and another person logs on, do you kick someone? do you just ignore that? It's rude, and blizzard won't do it, they want everyone playing regardless of group size, they just want people to group in one way or another!

Yeah, I'm pretty much fully onboard with solo queue. Could not disagree more with Blizzard's current treatment.

I'm not going to sacrifice the enjoyment of the many many more solo players just so the few people in 5 stacks who don't want to invite someone else can have their fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    This is a bit of rant thread. But I hate getting into competitive games with groups of 3 and 4 where they refuse to work as a team. Half of the time they won't join team chat to communicate or they'll only play the characters that they want to play and will troll if someone picks it and won't let it up.

I don't like to queue with other people because then I'm on their time. I enjoy taking breaks between games, playing 1 or 2 games at a time then logging off, or mixing it up with some arcade games. I don't like to sit and grind out 10 competitive matches, so I don't group. I would love the option to restrict competitive to solo or even duo queueing. Duos don't seem to have the same issue as when you get to 3s and 4s.
    You can join groups for just 1 game. Nobody is going to boo you. You will find that if you like playing a certain way then you will find others who do too because there are upwards of 25 million people playing this game. There are liable to be people out there that just want 1 off games or don't mind grouping with someone for one game if they know they have skill and good behavior.

If you don't like playing with random players, random meaning that there is random skill levels and random behavior, then don't push the 'find random group' button. It does what it says it does.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty much fully onboard with solo queue. Could not disagree more with Blizzard's current treatment.

I'm not going to sacrifice the enjoyment of the many many more solo players just so the few people in 5 stacks who don't want to invite someone else can have their fun.
    But you're talking inconvenience vs not being able to play with a group size, inconvenience is the necessary evil

Solo queue should exist, but who knows how long it'll take to get into the game. It always takes a very long time for any game with matchmaking to finally implement the ability to queue against other like-minded individuals.

Deleted
    Solo queue works in League of Legends, why wouldn't it in Overwatch?

I would rather have that european players get the option to get split by language.
    Almost nobody in the lower/middle brackets uses voice since half the time half the team doesn't even understand english.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like instead, we need something more like a group-finder. If you queue your group in it, you put in what you're looking for ("5-man looking for support main" or whatever), and then solos can browse the queue and join a group, if they want to. *Makes it easier, at least.

Solo queue as a separate thing I'm not sure would really be a big improvement. *I DO think that voice comms need to default to team chat, not group chat, at the start of a match; if your random solo add is spamming his mike, sure, move to team chat and ignore him, but you shouldn't be having to go "oh yeah, we should go to group chat so we can talk to the whole team".

10+ Year Old Account
    ive given up on competitive lol. im tanking my rating all the way down to 1. if competitive is quick play for golden gun points to 50% of the players at any given mmr then that's how i'm going to treat it too

climbing is so pointless unless you have a group. and the lower i go, the more gold/plat players i run into. i've even seen a diamond player at 1700 SR

if blizzard wants competitive to be taken seriously then a queued group of players need to be able to put together a composition and agree on it before starting the match. If anyone disagrees w/ it, the game should be cancelled without penalty.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-01-30 at 08:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    ive given up on competitive lol. im tanking my rating all the way down to 1. if competitive is quick play for golden gun points to 50% of the players at any given mmr then that's how i'm going to treat it too

climbing is so pointless unless you have a group. and the lower i go, the more gold/plat players i run into. i've even seen a diamond player at 1700 SR

if blizzard wants competitive to be taken seriously then a queued group of players need to be able to put together a composition and agree on it before starting the match. If anyone disagrees w/ it, the game should be cancelled without penalty.
    *If you lost enough to drop down to 1700 then you're in hell anyways. *You'll continue to be grouped with bads or even people doing placement matches which is going to make competitive terrible.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Nah, I placed gold and climbed to Diamond. Then the midseason trollfest began and the deranking begins. Beginning of season was great. Teams were working together, nobody was boosting. Now it's a ton of boosting and trolling.
    I only play ranked on the last week or two of seasons so I don't know how ranked is throughout the whole season. That sucks then. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because its not the way blizzard does it, if you only have a 5 man you're screwed, if you're at 4 and another person logs on, do you kick someone? do you just ignore that? It's rude, and blizzard won't do it, they want everyone playing regardless of group size, they just want people to group in one way or another!
    If Blizzard restricts party size. It'll be solo/due queue and another queue for a full party. So that scenario won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

You see diamond players at those ranks because they were promoted to diamond and for some reason, usually on purpose, they go down so they can boost a friend.

Also, 1.7k ranked is really bad. If you're stuck in there then it's not because of other peoples' fault, not solely at least.

This is a bit of rant thread. But I hate getting into competitive games with groups of 3 and 4 where they refuse to work as a team. Half of the time they won't join team chat to communicate or they'll only play the characters that they want to play and will troll if someone picks it and won't let it up.

I don't like to queue with other people because then I'm on their time. I enjoy taking breaks between games, playing 1 or 2 games at a time then logging off, or mixing it up with some arcade games. I don't like to sit and grind out 10 competitive matches, so I don't group. I would love the option to restrict competitive to solo or even duo queueing. Duos don't seem to have the same issue as when you get to 3s and 4s.
    I'm really confused. It's totally possible to queue for games solo... So what exactly is your problem?

But you're talking inconvenience vs not being able to play with a group size, inconvenience is the necessary evil
    What are you talking about? Separate solo q works for damn near every competitive game on the market, OW isn't a snowflake there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

If Blizzard restricts party size. It'll be solo/due queue and another queue for a full party. So that scenario won't happen.
    Good lord, that's even worse! That's basically saying unless you have a full party don't bother. Right... blizz is totally going kill THREE person, FOUR person, AND FIVE person parties? Never going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    What are you talking about? Separate solo q works for damn near every competitive game on the market, OW isn't a snowflake there.
    I'm saying blizz won't do it cause it takes an option away. 5 man queues are a thing, people play in 5 stacks, and you're basically saying, nope you can't play anymore.

Deleted
    Good lord, that's even worse! That's basically saying unless you have a full party don't bother. Right... blizz is totally going kill THREE person, FOUR person, AND FIVE person parties? Never going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying blizz won't do it cause it takes an option away. 5 man queues are a thing, people play in 5 stacks, and you're basically saying, nope you can't play anymore.
    I don't know if you catched this but I'm talking about restricting it for ranked play ONLY, as is everyone else I believe. Quickplay not included for obvious reasons.

I don't know if you catched this but I'm talking about restricting it for ranked play ONLY, as is everyone else I believe. Quickplay not included for obvious reasons.
    Doesn't matter, I knew you were talking about ranked, they won't do it, its too restrictive... what do people not get about that. Blizzard will not a restrict groups sizes. Saying you can't play Ranked in a 3,4 or 5 man is just retarded and is the opposite of the game they want.

I solo queue exclusively. I DO NOT WANT a solo only queue, kthx.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter, I knew you were talking about ranked, they won't do it, its too restrictive... what do people not get about that. Blizzard will not a restrict groups sizes. Saying you can't play Ranked in a 3,4 or 5 man is just retarded and is the opposite of the game they want.

I solo queue exclusively. I DO NOT WANT a solo only queue, kthx.
    So what if it's restrictive? Being restrictive isn't an indication that it's bad.

There a lot of people who do not enjoy to group or only duo group and going against a party of 5 or more isn't good because it creates an unbalance in the game. This is especially truer in lower rankeds because non parties rarely, if ever communicate. This does not happen in masters ranks at least, so it's a non issue on high ranks.

Regardless, it creates a huge advantage and this isn't just in OW. Games like LoL and Dota, among other games, all have/had this issue because it's not balanced to group a 5+1 party against for example 2+3+1 party.

Yes, not all parties communicate because some are just people who don't know who they are but it's a fact that bigger parties have the advantage against smaller parties, that's why games like LoL and HotS have a team league queue, separated from solo/duo queue.

I'm a firm believer that there should be different queues. One for assessing which team is best in having the best strategy than the other team, allowing them to win, while solo/duo queue is about who can first make a strategy/good strategy which is more difficult to do in solo/duo because you're playing with people you don't know, who can probably not even communicate, and how well you can adapt to that kind of environment, which is what I believe a solo/duo queue should be all about, figuring out a strategy with strangers unlike a party queue in which you already should have a set strategy that befits your party.

This is difficult to explain so sorry if it sounds confusing but the last paragraph should explain it rather well as a standalone comment, imo.

10+ Year Old Account

Fuck duo queue.

I find more issues with a pair of fucks that join a game and care only about each others well being and/or performance, most of the time to the complete detriment to the rest of the team. If THEY are having fun great... fuck everyone else... duo queues... no thank you.

So what if it's restrictive? Being restrictive isn't an indication that it's bad.

There a lot of people who do not enjoy to group or only duo group and going against a party of 5 or more isn't good because it creates an unbalance in the game. This is especially truer in lower rankeds because non parties rarely, if ever communicate. This does not happen in masters ranks at least, so it's a non issue on high ranks.

Regardless, it creates a huge advantage and this isn't just in OW. Games like LoL and Dota, among other games, all have/had this issue because it's not balanced to group a 5+1 party against for example 2+3+1 party.

Yes, not all parties communicate because some are just people who don't know who they are but it's a fact that bigger parties have the advantage against smaller parties, that's why games like LoL and HotS have a team league queue, separated from solo/duo queue.

I'm a firm believer that there should be different queues. One for assessing which team is best in having the best strategy than the other team, allowing them to win, while solo/duo queue is about who can first make a strategy/good strategy which is more difficult to do in solo/duo because you're playing with people you don't know, who can probably not even communicate, and how well you can adapt to that kind of environment, which is what I believe a solo/duo queue should be all about, figuring out a strategy with strangers unlike a party queue in which you already should have a set strategy that befits your party.

This is difficult to explain so sorry if it sounds confusing but the last paragraph should explain it rather well as a standalone comment, imo.
    If dynamic queue were to stay as an option, great, if they try to force that down our throat? no thanks, i'm gone. I love dynamic queue and i'm not the only one.