Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So many salty people claiming pre-MoP legendaries were the same thing, probably because they never got to see one.

OT: MoP is when they became too common really. Vanilla and TBC were very random and much fewer people raided then anyway. WotLk/Cata were the best in my opinion since if you were raiding you'd most likely have it by the end of the expansion. I got my Dragonwrath after DS was released after having missed a lot of FL, doing most of the quest on 10man (much fewer quest items) and with no guild helping me.
    Last edited by Nospheratu; 2017-01-31 at 02:20 AM.

When LFR scrubs could get them.

Original legendaries were better... because they were so rare it was not a big deal to not have them.
    Right now if you dont have a dps legendary you are going to suck at dps... legendaries should simply be something legendary that you might or might not get but they arent designed to affect gameplay, atleast not as much as the ones we have now do... having good legendaries in legion can be a massive difference in dps output, and probably healing output aswell.

in Wod and pandaria everyone had it so atleast there was no luck involved... nobody was in a situation of "Oh my legendary sucks so i cant do the maximum dps my class should".
    But then again wod and pandaria legendaries didnt make you feel anything... they were just there, like any epic item would be.

Legion legendaries dont feel anything cool either, they have rehashed models aswell... only feeling they create is anger towards RNG.
    RNG has always been a big part in WoW and its one of the best parts of it too but legion makes everyone hate it.

If you look at older legendaries, they dont change gameplay... they simply have chance on hits or other simple things that make them cool (and the models are amazing).

Now we have talents and class design put into items that we can acquire ingame... not really a good design choice tbh. Its like making our talents only obtainable through RNG-drops.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    alot of whining but no one has been able to provide logical evidence to show legendaries have any relevance
    They have more relevance now than they did back when there were only a handful per server and nobody but two guilds on each server actually cared about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Original legendaries were better... because they were so rare it was not a big deal to not have them.
    Right now if you dont have a dps legendary you are going to suck at dps... legendaries should simply be something legendary that you might or might not get but they arent designed to affect gameplay, atleast not as much as the ones we have now do... having good legendaries in legion can be a massive difference in dps output, and probably healing output aswell.

in Wod and pandaria everyone had it so atleast there was no luck involved... nobody was in a situation of "Oh my legendary sucks so i cant do the maximum dps my class should".
    But then again wod and pandaria legendaries didnt make you feel anything... they were just there, like any epic item would be.

Legion legendaries dont feel anything cool either, they have rehashed models aswell... only feeling they create is anger towards RNG.
    RNG has always been a big part in WoW and its one of the best parts of it too but legion makes everyone hate it.

If you look at older legendaries, they dont change gameplay... they simply have chance on hits or other simple things that make them cool (and the models are amazing).

Now we have talents and class design put into items that we can acquire ingame... not really a good design choice tbh. Its like making our talents only obtainable through RNG-drops.
    Wait what? Old legendaries absolutely were game changing.

Atiesh was the best system. Shadowmourne and Dragonwrath would've been fine if you had to beat Heroic Lich King and Heroic Ragnaros to get them.

I also believe legendary items lost their value. It used to be awesome to see a player with Glaives back in BC. You knew that you were probably never going to get them but it felt good to see somebody that overcame this epic raid and managed to defeat Ilidan and had the weapons to prove it. It also felt epic when my guild got their first Valanyr back in Ulduar. It was a guild-wide effort to achieve something significant.

There was a story, a narrative around the legendary and there were so few that most people knew the value of the item. Now you don't even hover over other player's legendary items. You just see an orange square and move on. Nothing interesting or heroic is tied to the item. Legendary items just feel like another epic item now.

I never got a legendary item when the content was relevant (not even the MoP cloaks or WoD rings) but I like to farm old legendary weapons every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If they're so fucking irrelevant why are there dozens of threads about them?
    Well they certainly were a great deal more special. Except maybe the rings. They at least looked great, it felt great to have them, they often had neat questlines attached to them that made them all the neater. I have a different mog setup for each of my legend cloaks for instance. People like wearing their neat looking legends out in public even if they're no longer relavent. They're something you'd remember.

The new legends have meh effects and already used models. Blizz couldnt even be assed to just recolor the things. Theres nothing about them that pops, they're just another piece of gear, whooptydo. No ones going to care about them after Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nospheratu View Post
    So many salty people claiming pre-MoP legendaries were the same thing, probably because they never got to see one.

OT: MoP is when they became too common really. Vanilla and TBC were very random and much fewer people raided then anyway. WotLk/Cata were the best in my opinion since if you were raiding you'd most likely have it by the end of the expansion. I got my Dragonwrath after DS was released after having missed a lot of FL, doing most of the quest on 10man (much fewer quest items) and with no guild helping me.
    People in my RP guilds were pugging the Cata and WotLK legends rather commonly. Less so in TBC and Vanilla, but they were still pugged. Your nostalgia goggles are on pretty tight.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Cata, when everybody and their mother got the staff.

At least starting from MoP you could get a legendary all by yourself, before that you had to be carried.

Burning Crusade, the rest of the legendaries from the next expansions made no fucking sense "hurr durr, gather this shit so you can get a weapon of unimaginable power to defeat your foes... wich you are already defeating without the need of this legendary"

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Nice examples.

Nothing wrong with everyone having a chance to get them.
    It was very wrong. It wasn't a "chance" to have them. It was something that became mandatory. And yes bad players don't deserve things, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Burning Crusade, the rest of the legendaries from the next expansions made no fucking sense "hurr durr, gather this shit so you can get a weapon of unimaginable power to defeat your foes... wich you are already defeating without the need of this legendary"
    Vanilla:
    2 legends before last patch, 1 legend that required beating the final tiers final boss.

TBC:
    1 legend before last patch, 1 legend from the final tiers final boss.

WotLK:
    1 legend before last patch, 1 legend from the final tiers final boss.

Cata:
    1 legend before last patch, 1 legend from final tiers final boss.

MoP:
    1 legend, which you get in the last tier but not from the final boss.

WoD:
    1 legend, which you get in the last tier but need to beat final boss.

I would say MoP made the most sense from a story standpoint. Also WotLK Shadowmourne on, due to difficulties, you could beat the boss on a lower difficulty for a legend to help on higher.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Despite the fact that MoP is one of my fav xpacks, I'd say that MoP's and WoD's legendaries were my least fav.

My preference list:
    - Random drop that starts a quest chain that involves crafting (original Sulfuras);
    - Random drop that starts a quest chain that doesn't involve crafting, but requires completion of hard content w/ some special tactics, a.k.a. guild-breakers (Shadowmourne);
    - Random drop (Warglaives of Azzinoth, Legion legendaries);
    - Welfare legendaries everyone gets (MoP cloak, WoD ring).

First two are almost equal, I'm not even sure which on I like the most.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-01-31 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    When LFR scrubs could get them.
    This. Keep legendary drops out of LFR & normal, problem solved. Blizz gave everyone artifact weapons, at least let the raiders have their legendarys. And it'll give the scrubs something to work towards (we were all there).

Edit: That said, the current legendarys ain't legendary. This is Diablo now.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    no i think it got bad when people could do a Questline to get them and farm it. it made it have a clear outlined goal, you would eventually get it, this happened since Ulduar, where you had to do a quest to get items to drop or do a quest from item drops.

before that they were random drops in raid that you had to get.
    they should go back to that thoery make them actuall legendarys not a FoTm you won the lotto here have this.
    I don't really understand why a random drop off a raid boss is better than a random drop off something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Legendaries have never been hard to obtain.
    The only legendary that has ever had an prestige was the neck that wasnt supposed to be in the game.
    Getting a random item that was a fluke, is prestige and raiding the top tier Raids which like 1% of the populace saw at all, does not warrant difficulty to obtain?

You're clueless. Like, fucking miles out into Space clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    People in my RP guilds were pugging the Cata and WotLK legends rather commonly. Less so in TBC and Vanilla, but they were still pugged. Your nostalgia goggles are on pretty tight.
    Pugging Naxx in Vanilla? The fuck are you high on?

Maybe the Thunderlord boss from Bracers, but that shit was barely a real legendary, just a threat stick for Tanks
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2017-01-31 at 04:03 AM.

MoP when they started giving them out to everyone for no effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    I don't really understand why a random drop off a raid boss is better than a random drop off something else.
    Because it was a single drop source and people who think LFR is a good feature couldn't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    used to have to work towards getting a legendary. slowly got easier and easier and now what should be the most prestigious items in the game are randomly generated.

sad.
    yep sulfuras thunderfury and warglaives were clearly hard work and not random drops

the quest legendaries were the best since u had to actually work for em and not pray for a 2.5% drop

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    thanks for proving you have no idea, people needed 4+ warglaives to defeat m'uru so much about they werent a big deal

so much elitism and people with no clue in this thread jeez
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2017-01-31 at 04:14 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    yep sulfuras thunderfury and warglaives were clearly hard work and not random drops
    Simply being in a raiding guild was hard work back then, much less being the one guy out of 40 to be awarded the drop. Do you think everything was just easily puggable and free-roll? lmao
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post

the quest legendaries were the best since u had to actually work for em and not pray for a 2.5% drop
    What work? AFK in Shrine while in que for LFR then auto attack bosses while watching a movie on other monitor, repeat several times, turn quest in, accept next - repeat. 0 effort or difficult content done. Flying to the shrines to beat Wrathion for the epic version of the cloak was more effort than entirety of the quest chain.