Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its worth pointing out that the EO she refused to enforce has been in a federal court 5 times and has lost 5 times.
    Hoping she sues, need to keep Trump's shit tied up in courts until he can be impeached.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    No shit Sherlock. But it certainly bolsters the DoJ decision not to enforce it.
    That's on Trump's people not on an Obama pick. She doesn't have the legal right to oppose Trump especially she resigned when he became president. As I've said before Trump's "firing" of her is accepting that resignation.

The courts decide whether or not the EO is illegal.

An executive order was issued. The acting attorney general refused to enforce the law. She was fired. This is good whether or not you agree with the executive action to begin with.
    Essentially.

Hoping she sues, need to keep Trump's shit tied up in courts until he can be impeached.
    On Trump ACCEPTING her resignation?

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    An executive order was issued. The acting attorney general refused to enforce the law. She was fired. This is good whether or not you agree with the executive action to begin with.
    So we should do away with the SCOTUS?\

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    That's on Trump's people not on an Obama pick. She doesn't have the legal right to oppose Trump especially she resigned when he became president. As I've said before Trump's "firing" of her is accepting that resignation.

The courts decide whether or not the EO is illegal.
    Oh, ok, so every lawyer just brings a case to court, they dont decide whether it'll hold up to president, got it.
    Last edited by usiris; 2017-01-31 at 03:44 AM.

Essentially.
    EO's are not laws. She did not enforce the EO because she felt its unlawful. That is her job, her job isn't to kiss trumps ass and jump when he say's jump.

Also you keep saying she handed in her resignation. Please do point out where that's the case and not him firing her. There is a massive difference in the two.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

God, that statement is dumb. "Weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration" surprised he didn't throw in a "SAD!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    So we should do away with the SCOTUS?
    The SCOTUS is a separate branch of government that does not answer in any way to the US president.

I found this laughable though:

https://twitter.com/RobertRaben/stat...86705585717254

Also you keep saying she handed in her resignation. Please do point out where that's the case and not him firing her. There is a massive difference in the two.
    She was a political appointment by Obama, whenever a new president is selected ALL political appointments tender their resignations and the president either accepts them or keeps them on, but they do have to be reconfirmed by the Senate.

This is not a surprise at all. Trump is a pure authoritarian, and as such, e cannot abide by any dissent within his administration. This will happen to anyone who speaks out against him.

You might have missed what happened with Romney or missed the train that is the Tea Party on the right filled with radicals. I mean personally I would have thought Romney would have been OK as SOS.

You also missed the massive far left protests.

I know both far left and far right figures. I agree with NEITHER but they are extremely vicious.
    Yes, I know that first hand. I didn't miss the protests, I was at them. Nothing I saw indicated a country that was about to "blow up".

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    So we should do away with the SCOTUS?
    It's sad when people are so ignorant of basic civics that they think the Justice Department is part of the Judicial Branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    EO's aren't the law. That's significant here.

You're arguing here that a government lawyer should attempt to enforce an order they professionally believe to be violating the law.
    An executive order is the a presidential demand to enforce a law passed by Congress. It is not the place of the AG, a member of the executive branch, to go against this. Again, if you have a problem, take it up in the courts.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2017-01-31 at 03:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    On Trump ACCEPTING her resignation?
    One man is enacting policy at an alarming rate, and doing so unilaterally. He's firing them off faster than the courts can knock them down. And yes, the courts ARE knocking them down, which makes what she did all the more the correct thing to do. Why should anyone enforce EO's that they know are going to be shot down?

None of Obama's EO's even touch Trump's in scope and overreach. We need someone to stand in their way.

Given the opportunity, I'm sure Trump and his cultists would like to rule the US without pesky courts or legislature standing in his way. Thankfully, our checks and balances SHOULD keep most of Trump's insanity from doing much harm.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    An executive order is the a presidential demand to enforce a law passed by Congress. It is not the place of the AG, a member of the executive branch, to go against this. Again, if you have a problem, take it up in the courts.
    Or Congress which just refused to allow a bill to be passed to overturn the law.

None of Obama's EO's even touch Trump's in scope and overreach. We need someone to stand in their way.
    The courts will stand in the way if it's illegal. Let them do their fucking job. Christ SEPARATION OF POWER mean anything these days?

Ohey looks like he fired the Acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    It's sad when people are so ignorant of basic civics that they think the Justice Department is part of the Judicial Branch.
    The SCOTUS is a separate branch of government that does not answer in any way to the US president.
    No, its an analogy.

The point is simple. The acting AG made a call based on president, experience and judgment. Following the same logic that the OP used, the courts should be done away with because they use the same logic when applying the law.
    Last edited by usiris; 2017-01-31 at 03:51 AM.

The Neo-Confederates were set to take over the DOJ next week, so Yates's refusal was symbolism. Firing her just amplified it. This is the kind of brainless, slovenly decision-making you get from a man who crafted an EO with wide-ranging foreign policy and national security implications and didn't even bother to run it by the DoD, DHS, and the State Department.

I just hope he didn't use a private e-mail server to do it. Then we'd really be in trouble.

So how much more is Trump going to act like Nixon 2.0, just way worse because he's infinitely more ignorant and incompetent?

This is truly fucking horrifying, especially the parallels with Nixon's administration. Did we, and more specifically Republicans, learn nothing the first time around?

The wording in the statement pretty plainly illustrates that Trump values loyalty over everything else, as if that weren't apparent enough based on some of his more...unorthodox choices to fill cabinet vacancies.

You could have zero knowledge of whatever you're supposed to be leading (Carson) or downright opposed to it (Perry, Devos, Sessions, Tillerson, Puzder) but you're in as long as you're A) rich, and B) willing to follow orders, no matter what those orders are.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    I just hope he didn't use a private e-mail server to do it. Then we'd really be in trouble.
    Maybe his cyber-security EO will save him.

This ordeal will test our Constitution as well as the foundations of our govt.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    The Neo-Confederates were set to take over the DOJ next week, so Yates's refusal was symbolism. Firing her just amplified it. This is the kind of brainless, slovenly decision-making you get from a man who crafted an EO with wide-ranging foreign policy and national security implications and didn't even bother to run it by the DoD, DHS, and the State Department.

He's been using a private email server for weeks. But he's a republican, so it's fine.

Then they'll lose in court. Really calm down. The US is still a country of laws.
    No it isn't.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.