Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Also, 1.7k ranked is really bad. If you're stuck in there then it's not because of other peoples' fault, not solely at least.
    I could be plat and you'd still be here saying the same shit.

Give it up. You're just trying to take the piss, heckler.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I'm really confused. It's totally possible to queue for games solo... So what exactly is your problem?
    I'm really confused. It's totally possible to read and understand words...So what exactly is your problem?

Protip: SoloQ means no 3/4/5 stacks and the solo players being forced to fill whatever those players don't want to play (because they have control of 3+ spots, which gives them more control over the game)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

No, I wouldn't. I believe plat is where most people are at so it's a normal skill rating.

Your 1.7k is silver, I think. I'm by no means saying you're a shit player but if you're stuck in that rank. That means something. Either that's all your skill can attain or you have other problems like blaming other people and not looking at yourself which won't allow you to get better; playing at bad hours or when you're feeling down, etc.

This is pure conjecture on my part and I am in no way saying what your exact problem is because I have no idea how your gameplay is. I'm just saying, if you want to improve, it's best if you ignore other people's play and focus on what you can do and what you can improve in yourself.

This is a general advice for pretty much anyone in any rank but this is especially truer for lower ranked people because of cognitive bias (see Dunning–Kruger effect).

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm saying blizz won't do it cause it takes an option away. 5 man queues are a thing, people play in 5 stacks, and you're basically saying, nope you can't play anymore.
    That's an odd assertion, considering Blizzard already does this in two of it's other games. Three if you count arena team size in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted

If you're stuck at 1700 then it's time for some introspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But you're talking inconvenience vs not being able to play with a group size, inconvenience is the necessary evil
    Honestly the whole 5v5 thing is just grasping at straws. Blizzard could always make a dynamic queue for players who, for some odd reason, enjoy being grouped up with teams as a solo player. It wouldn't have to be the end of 5v5. But it would still be worth it even if it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your 1.7k is silver, I think.
    nope

id say maybe 25% of the time you are playing with people who are very motivated and actually want to win at that rating. it's very silent a lot of the time. players don't switch, half the players don't even know how to play the game. at least in gold people flame each other lol

you're not getting out of that unless you have 50% accuracy @ Platinum
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-01-31 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly the whole 5v5 thing is just grasping at straws. Blizzard could always make a dynamic queue for players who, for some odd reason, enjoy being grouped up with teams as a solo player. It wouldn't have to be the end of 5v5. But it would still be worth it even if it was.
    The only way it would be viable and work would be a Solo Queue and a separate any group size dynamic queue. That's the only way to not piss people off and kill a group size.

Deleted
    nope

id say maybe 25% of the time you are playing with people who are very motivated and actually want to win at that rating. it's very silent a lot of the time. players don't switch, half the players don't even know how to play the game. at least in gold people flame each other lol

you're not getting out of that unless you have 50% accuracy @ Platinum
    You just pretty much ignored the rest of my post...

You say people are not motivated yet I think it's you who aren't. If you are, well, then motivate people? Type in chat or speak and say stuff like "gj" or "good work" and things that will make your team play better.

You're just complaining about others but you're not doing anything to change people's behaviour and your gameplay. Motivating others and being friendly goes a big fucking way in these games, especially in lower ranks where people get angry way more easily than higher ranked players.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just pretty much ignored the rest of my post...
    probably because it was a thinly veiled insult and you continue to poke. go de-rank your account to 1700 and talk to me. You also can't use carry heroes to work your way out since you're obviously way better than that. Use McCree or play a support or something.

but even if it was me who was bad, why at 1200 SR are there so many 2k SR players present in matches? I see 4-6 gold players every match, the rest are usually silver. 2-3 players are usually bronze.

A few hours ago at around 1400 rating I ran into 2 diamonds and a gold player obviously throwing and de-ranking. I mean, it is a game after all and I try from time to time especially when I run into people who should not be there, but it's pretty astonishing knowing how many players are there who do not belong there.

This mode is so hilariously broken. Bad players couldn't climb out of bronze if they wanted to because they are going to have to fight gold players just to make it to silver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Fuck duo queue.

I find more issues with a pair of fucks that join a game and care only about each others well being and/or performance, most of the time to the complete detriment to the rest of the team. If THEY are having fun great... fuck everyone else... duo queues... no thank you.
    This only tends to be a problem when its 76 and pocket Mercy. You set up the team thinking you have at least 1 support picked, but actually, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    If you're stuck at 1700 then it's time for some introspection.
    It's possible to get stuck at a point where you stop losing SR on a loss; if you're not getting wins to bring your SR back up, there isn't much you can do about it. I bottomed out at 1780 last season, but didn't win a single match after that; anyone talking about a forced 50% win rate can go look at my sub 40% from there.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-01-31 at 09:50 AM.

Until they offer something other than gold weapons I'm not bothering with comp anymore

Look at Smite, they give you a limited skin for getting to a certain rank.

Deleted
    probably because it was a thinly veiled insult and you continue to poke. go de-rank your account to 1700 and talk to me. You also can't use carry heroes to work your way out since you're obviously way better than that. Use McCree or play a support or something.
    It wasn't a thinly veiled insult. You're bad at this game. Period. Being bad at a game isn't an insult. If you take it as an insult that's your problem.

I'm trying to give you advice and things for you to think about so you can get better and you're only focusing on the fact that I, supposedly, insulted you by saying you're not good at the game. Which I didn't.

Why would I de rank to 1.7k? It's not fun playing against players who are very low skilled compared to me.

You can't use carry heroes because you're not good at this. You need to understand you have that issue going on for you. No good player will ever be at 1.7k. EVER.

but even if it was me who was bad, why at 1200 SR are there so many 2k SR players present in matches? I see 4-6 gold players every match, the rest are usually silver. 2-3 players are usually bronze.
    Because there's this thing called partying that allows you to group with people with more or less 1k rating... And there's also this thing called placement matches that aren't always accurate and so people either go down or go up afterwards.

A few hours ago at around 1400 rating I ran into 2 diamonds and a gold player obviously throwing and de-ranking. I mean, it is a game after all and I try from time to time especially when I run into people who should not be there, but it's pretty astonishing knowing how many players are there who do not belong there.
    This is very bad and those people are ruining the game for you and everyone else that is at that skill rating. You should most likely report those people if you truly think they are de ranking on purpose to play with way lower ranks than they are.

This mode is so hilariously broken. Bad players couldn't climb out of bronze if they wanted to because they are going to have to fight gold players just to make it to silver.
    Not that I don't agree with you on this but you shouldn't be focusing on that because you're not going to get any better by complaining about it.

If you want to improve, you need to do so yourself. You can't expect to get carried. You can't expect Blizzard to fix something that most likely won't fix your problem or someone else's.

It's like when Blizzard fixed season 2 placement matches where a lot of people were placed way higher than they should have been. I'm pretty sure a lot of low ranked people complained about that in season 3.

And I'm not going to repeat myself again because this is getting boring and it feels like I'm beating a dead horse but you should focus on your gameplay instead of blaming others only. Focus on YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Until they offer something other than gold weapons I'm not bothering with comp anymore
    I like ranked because people there have a different mentality towards the game. The games I have on ranked are way better than quickplay and a lot of gameplay is way more complex than quickplay so I enjoy ranked because of that but yeah, it sucks we can only get golden weapons from ranked.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2017-01-31 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't a thinly veiled insult. You're bad at this game. Period.
    Go to a "bad" rating. Check things out for yourself.

People actually play junkrat there and are so proud of their healer ult battery gold damage medals (when they dont have an eliminations medal to go with it) when you call them out for being shorthanded on damage and getting killed by every soldier in the game in 2 and a half seconds from outside their range

i remember asking a player to switch to a mccree to help deal with a super aggressive reinhardt and he didn't give a shit. that reinhardt could have been kissing the floor all game long and eating shit through heals as open and overextended as he was, but he wanted to play spamrat even tho he didn't have the balls to push the choke or even know how to trickshot grenades into enemies that couldn't fire back at him.

Because there's this thing called partying that allows you to group with people with more or less 1k rating...
    they aren't in a party

And there's also this thing called placement matches that aren't always accurate and so people either go down or go up afterwards.
    which ruins the game for everyone else

i also played my placement matches thinking competitive was like a more serious quick play. i didn't realize how bad some heroes really are until a few months ago. but still people play these placement matches as widow and hanzo or junkrat because they want to be ranked for their play as that hero. They don't give a shit about placing high or climbing. But they are placed in your matches while you are trying to climb, which makes the whole thing pointless. They don't want to talk on mic, they don't communicate anything. They probably don't have a mic.

And some of these people do not belong at this rating. I have played against real bronze players and they do not have the shooting technique or game knowledge that these gold & silver players at these low ratings do.

No good player will ever be at 1.7k. EVER.
    There are players better than you who have done the same and said different.

Deleted
    I'm going to agree with majad. No good player will be at 1.7k. I'm fairly average and I'm placed at 2600 atm. To play with friends who are around 1700 is painful. People are there for a reason and that readon is not that they're good.

Deleted
    Go to a "bad" rating. Check things out for yourself.
    You're obviously in a bubble that you can't burst yourself and don't want help either...

Wish I had good net atm so we could play quickplay together.
    There are players better than you who have done the same and said different.
    What do you mean with this?

Are you saying that a master ranked player can fall down to 1.7k while giving his best...?

Yes, this is much needed. It's had nothing but positive response in heroes. Grouping against a 6-stack while half your team isn't in comms/not playing at all as a team makes ELO hell even more hellish.

I agree it gets really annoying have to deal with that