BrM: 100% uptime ISB/use of PB

Hey all,

I started raiding in nighthold again (totally casual with friends + randoms 8/10 nhc).
    I play with BoB and BoC.
    My stats are:
    Crit: 22%
    Haste: 16,5%
    Mastery: 33%

I get the ISBs rolling at the start of an encounter and can keep it up at 100% most of the time.
    But when I start purifying I usually fuck something in my brew rotation up and I run out of charges for ISB.

How do you guys handle PB? Are you reacting to the standard interface glow of the spell or some WA?
    What is the right way to use PB?

Do you have logs? If you upload things to warcraftlogs, you can bring them over to checkmywow. That site has a great graph that will show you the size of your stagger throughout the course of the fight, and you can see where you purified. My guess is that you're purifying too much. The default stagger UI is pretty crappy, since it makes it seem like 80% of your health in stagger is dangerous and 100% is terrifying. In reality, in a raid environment, you can pretty easily handle stagger in the triple digits, and purifying below 100% is pretty much never worth it (assuming your healers aren't OOM or something). So my advice would be to take a look at your logs and see where you're purifying, and see if you can maybe let the stagger build up a bit more in the future.

Try to get some more haste or get 4p set. Sometimes it's hard to keep ISB and PB.

I'm using "Normalized Stagger" WA to track my stagger.
    https: //wago. io/Vyxtt_DC-

10+ Year Old Account
    HT is probably better than BoC if you want to prioritize having ISB up on yourself since it gives you haste with the more stagger you have.

It gives you 5% more haste at every stagger level. So 5% at green, 10% at yellow and 15% at red. You should be at red for most of the time and only Purify big spike hits in order to keep ISB up 100%.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-01-30 at 07:42 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

If you're using BoC and having brew generation issues, you have to ensure you are empowering every single Keg Smash, it's crucial. But yea, it sounds like you might be purifying too often. Make sure you get a normalized stagger bar. Just like other tanks we can take some spikes but due to stagger it's overall smoother in a healers eyes. It's better to have ISB up than it is to purify. One thing I did with weakauras, is to see how long it takes for me to generate 1 brew, than I make my ISB timer flash if it falls below that time. Then it's just a more systematic approach. The other option I can give you is to pick up a Potent Kick relic. Gl.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    HT is probably better than BoC if you want to prioritize having ISB up on yourself since it gives you haste with the more stagger you have.

It gives you 5% more haste at every stagger level. So 5% at green, 10% at yellow and 15% at red. You should be at red for most of the time and only Purify big spike hits in order to keep ISB up 100%.
    BoC reduces your brew cooldown more then HT does unless your spending the large majority of your time at red stagger.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    BoC reduces your brew cooldown more then HT does unless your spending the large majority of your time at red stagger.
    He should be in the red stagger for most of the fight in heroic/mythic NH.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    He should be in the red stagger for most of the fight in heroic/mythic NH.
    He's running BoxB, so for him BoC is superior to HT for brew generation, even if you spend the entire fight at red stagger - and it has the added benefit of reducing the cooldown further on Fort Brew as well, whereas the haste from HT has no effect on Fort Brew or BoxB aside from the marginal gain from KS having a slightly shorter CD - but this is still much lesser than the benefit of BoC KS.

OP, empowering as many KS as possible, using them tightly on CD, not capping on energy where possible (and spending it on TPs) helps.

You can beat around the bush as much as you like; BoxB and BoC is the way to go if you want as many brews as possible.
    Last edited by Will; 2017-01-31 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    He's running BoxB, so for him BoC is superior to HT for brew generation, even if you spend the entire fight at red stagger - and it has the added benefit of reducing the cooldown further on Fort Brew as well, whereas the haste from HT has no effect on Fort Brew or BoxB aside from the marginal gain from KS having a slightly shorter CD - but this is still much lesser than the benefit of BoC KS.
    Then there is also the thing with 10% more stagger, which is kinda op right now. It's feeling completely different between 85% and 95%.
    So both reduce dmg, BoC lets you purify more often, HT lets you purify more per use.

PS there is a reason that most (every?) top brewmaster run MV+HT+haste-gems... it just synergizes so well in NH.
    Last edited by Inuyaki; 2017-01-31 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    What addons do you guys use for tracking stagger? The ones I saw so far looked so bad I didn't even feel inclined to test them :|

weak auras and make a stagger bar from sunni's blog

Deleted
    I use Sunniers stagger WA. A lot of people use Rivers one (the normalized stagger bar, linked higher up in this thread)