Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arrow Reroll, need help choosing spec for M+

Hello everyone!

So like the title says, im about to reroll a mage for mainly mythic + gameplay and some PVP as well.
    I would like to know what spec would be better for M+.
    Please note that I dont mind NOT being frost for PVP.

So what do you think?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Draaks View Post
    Hello everyone!

So like the title says, im about to reroll a mage for mainly mythic + gameplay and some PVP as well.

So what do you think?

Thanks!
    M+s, should be fire. It's really hard to get a good feel for that right now if you aren't playing since warcraftlogs say fire is the highest dps spec on most bosses but noxxic says it's frost and pretty much everyone says different things.

But Mythic dungeons are supposed to be more about trash packs and those are fire's cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    M+s, should be fire. It's really hard to get a good feel for that right now if you aren't playing since warcraftlogs say fire is the highest dps spec on most bosses but noxxic says it's frost and pretty much everyone says different things.

But Mythic dungeons are supposed to be more about trash packs and those are fire's cup of tea.
    Just do the exact opposite of what Noxxic says and you're good. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Just do the exact opposite of what Noxxic says and you're good. :-P
    exactly haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draaks View Post
    Hello everyone!

So what do you think?

Thanks!
    I have found arcane to be really good for m+ atm. I have 883ilvl, 36 trait weapon, and i easily pull around 1kk dps on bosses and around 700-800k dps overall.

frost is great in m+ now. On higher M+ at least. Fire is still king for low m+ speed runs, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by noimawizard View Post
    frost is great in m+ now. On higher M+ at least. Fire is still king for low m+ speed runs, ofc.
    Frost is great if ur pulling little by little.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    \

i mean if your doing 10+ pulls in 15 mythic then ya fire pulls ahead, but frost does well on 4-6 targets. Frozen orb off CD with massive ice lance spam is very strong dps, and ofc it has waaaay better boss damage.
    Last edited by noimawizard; 2017-01-29 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks guys, I was looking at noxxic simcraft and yes, it is misleading since. I havent play since october so I appreciate the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Frost does more burst AoE than Fire does, but can't sustain it for as long as Fire can.

If you're pulling large packs that take 10+ seconds to die, then Fire is going to pull ahead. If they're taking 5-6s to die, Frost will do more no matter how much you pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post
    Frost does more burst AoE than Fire does, but can't sustain it for as long as Fire can.

If you're pulling large packs that take 10+ seconds to die, then Fire is going to pull ahead. If they're taking 5-6s to die, Frost will do more no matter how much you pull.
    Fire is better at aoe at all times, and Dracklis makes the gap even bigger and both specs require good legendaries for ST.

Arcane is pretty well rounded, and it feels like u are less dependant on lucky legendary drops to perform.

Generally all 3 specs are very equal on ST, with fire and arcane pulling ahead on aoe, and frost being better on cleave.

Have in mind that whatever spec you choose, it should be the one that you enjoy, not the one that performs better as of right now. After all, its Legion. You will have to invest a good amount of time to farm AP, then you will get legendaries for that spec, so it will become nearly impossible to swap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    Fire is better at aoe at all times, and Dracklis makes the gap even bigger and both specs require good legendaries for ST.

Arcane is pretty well rounded, and it feels like u are less dependant on lucky legendary drops to perform.

Generally all 3 specs are very equal on ST, with fire and arcane pulling ahead on aoe, and frost being better on cleave.

Have in mind that whatever spec you choose, it should be the one that you enjoy, not the one that performs better as of right now. After all, its Legion. You will have to invest a good amount of time to farm AP, then you will get legendaries for that spec, so it will become nearly impossible to swap.
    I agree with this poster. Fire is most likely the best spec with the legendary head, as that + new DB talent make you do an insane trash dps, at the cost of minimal boss dps. It also scales well with larger pulls, making it super good in some instances.

Frost & Arcane will also work, with various strengths. I like to play Arcane personally, but despite doing it in dungeons because getting your mana up is quite anoying (imo). Frost will most likely have large strengths on smaller packs, relative to the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    I have found arcane to be really good for m+ atm. I have 883ilvl, 36 trait weapon, and i easily pull around 1kk dps on bosses and around 700-800k dps overall.
    What talents are you using and what are your stats if you don't mind? I can't pull this much damage and am trying very hard to do better. I am at 887ilvl but am low on mastery which might be the cause. i am 36% crit / 20% haste / 21% mastery. Any advice would be appreciated.

I disagree, Frost is clearly ahead of fire on ST and two target cleave. Fire really shines on massive packs like 10+ and Burst AoE where adds die in a few seconds. You can easily hold your own or beat a lot of specs on 4-6 pulls as frost, it's sustained AoE is very stellar and very underrated. Packs that live long enough you can easily get 2-3 Frozen orbs with blizzard and ice lance spam.

Arcane is probably the best M+ spec, if you're good at positioning, as you need to be within 14 yards to AoE. Otherwise go Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilu View Post
    What talents are you using and what are your stats if you don't mind? I can't pull this much damage and am trying very hard to do better. I am at 887ilvl but am low on mastery which might be the cause. i am 36% crit / 20% haste / 21% mastery. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I am at 26% crit, 19% haste, 30% mastery, 6% vers. I don't know what to tell you to honest. I am trying to use AP as much as possible while saving it for a boss of course, and on the last pack before boss make sure to get 4 stacks of Arcane Charge and 3 stacks of AM

Note that 1kk ap is achievable if fight last about 1min~, and we don't have to move alot. During longer fights with movement I am doing around 600-800k, depends on AM rng.

Fire does not burst over 1.5m dps in the first global on aoe pulls. Frost does.

Frost also has significantly better ST dps with shit legendaries.

Deleted

if u can pull 1.5kk as frost, fire in that place would have 2-3kk

Fire can burst that in a global if you have Darckli's and it can do much more after a few more globals while your amazing frost trick is over and you're dropping like stone in the meters.

The only time frost mage is any good in mythic+ is a week like raging/necrotic/fortified when you really need to kite trash and the super slows are extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    Fire can burst that in a global if you have Darckli's and it can do much more after a few more globals while your amazing frost trick is over and you're dropping like stone in the meters.

The only time frost mage is any good in mythic+ is a week like raging/necrotic/fortified when you really need to kite trash and the super slows are extremely good.
    Would really like to see that? My frost mage never seems to drop like that in m+. Frost so hella strong in M+ now and better than fire overall in high m+