Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    So basically the daily Legendary whine thread...
    Did it occur to you that if you have "the daily <topic> whine thread", then <topic> is probably not that good?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Did it occur to you that if you have "the daily <topic> whine thread", then <topic> is probably not that good?
    I never said the system was good.
    On the other hand if you have a megathread about this certain thing then no one needs another thread to do it; much less on a daily basis.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    What I find hilarious is that people can argue that a system not only makes legendaries super hard to get and that not even playing so much at such a high level will get them but that they are also so easy that any random idiot can get them and it's actually a good idea to reroll and get one with minimal effort. All of this at the same time.

I did my stuff normally and got my good legendaries after a couple of shit ones or just ones on alts. It's a working system. Yeah yeah it sucks if you do too much and get nothing but remember when people said "if you do nothing but grind it you won't get it and you'll just be mad" all the time? I remember saying that a lot and look what happened. Played normally and got good legendaries while Joe Casual gets his sooner and it doesn't bother me and Jimmy Hardcore over here obsessively grinds shit and gets nothing. The system works.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

5 legendaries, like 30M+ since creation of character (after ToV release).
    Get jelly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    My current ilvl: 892 equipped
    At roughly 45days played at current level, I have come to the conclusion that I could potentially provide my raid with MUCH greater DPS purely by re-rolling my character and putting in a bit of effort.

I am a Demon Hunter so not as many will feel the pain as much as I do (insert joke "What have you sacrificed?") with the restriction to one per server as other classes are not bound by this. I have now resorted to rolling on another server and transfer them around if the new Demon Hunter ends up rolling with BiS legendaries before main.
    If you want to fix your DPS you should go to various discord servers or to "fix my dps" thread. Or at least provide logs here. Complaining about legendaries won't fix your DPS. If you have average ilvl of 892 you should pull enough DPS for mythic nighthold (at least 4 or 5 first bosses) without a problem regardless of legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    your both wrong. let me give you a couple of scenarios here. in a traditional MMO player:A wants item XYZ but to get it requires a grind of some sort, so player:A does the grind, gets the item and feel rewarded for his efforts. scenario 2: player:A wants item XYZ and it takes either quite a bit of effort or an extreme amount of luck to get, player:A puts in the time and instead gets item QRF. now tell me why should player:A be happy getting something he didn't want? regardless of your play style telling someone to settle for something they never wanted in the first place in an MMO is just stupid.
    Your scenarios are not true for any game with loot tables. Aka, any RPG game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you want to fix your DPS you should go to various discord servers or to "fix my dps" thread. Or at least provide logs here. Complaining about legendaries won't fix your DPS. If you have average ilvl of 892 you should pull enough DPS for mythic nighthold (at least 4 or 5 first bosses) without a problem regardless of legendaries.
    My DPS is not a problem with ~600k DPS on Krosus. The problem is the fact that I could be throwing another 100k DPS into the equation purely because of RNG and who is to say I will even get the 2 legendaries I need in the next 4 months as there is a total of 9 legendaries for 1 spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    What I find hilarious is that people can argue that a system not only makes legendaries super hard to get and that not even playing so much at such a high level will get them but that they are also so easy that any random idiot can get them and it's actually a good idea to reroll and get one with minimal effort. All of this at the same time.

I did my stuff normally and got my good legendaries after a couple of shit ones or just ones on alts. It's a working system. Yeah yeah it sucks if you do too much and get nothing but remember when people said "if you do nothing but grind it you won't get it and you'll just be mad" all the time? I remember saying that a lot and look what happened. Played normally and got good legendaries while Joe Casual gets his sooner and it doesn't bother me and Jimmy Hardcore over here obsessively grinds shit and gets nothing. The system works.
    What the fuck are you talking about, its random. Jimmy hardcore could have all the good ones or only bad ones. I play "normally" too because I have to work and only got shit so far.
    Last edited by mmoc4566d5a701; 2017-01-31 at 08:32 AM.

This system is not good, at all.

But you're much better off just playing and the more crap ones you get, sooner or later, you can only get the right one.
    Shit idea but that's how it is.

Honestly, I'd have done away with Legendaries entirely. Or they would be EXTREMELY rare, so if someone did have one, it would just be special.

But really, you need to just play because the game is fun to you.
    And don't tell me it isn't fun just because of this one item.
    Your enjoyment of the game can't be based entirely on that.

Always play for fun and you won't ever be disappointed.
    And I don't mean that in the usual (Fun = Baddie) way.
    You can optimize your gear, do your rotation as close to perfect as you can.
    But do these things because the game itself is fun to you.

That should always be the bottom line of any game.
    Try hard, sure -- but honestly be having fun with it, or find something else to play.

I've been casual, I've been hardcore. And my reason for playing has never changed.
    I play because I enjoy playing. Period.

Can we get a megathread please? I'm sick of seeing a new one of these everyday.

OT: I used to be one of those naive, hopeful fools who thought that the legendary system wasn't that bad. Then I got bad legendary after bad legendary.

There are 3 incredibly solid choices for my main and I almost have everything BUT those three. I can empathize with that heart-sinking feeling as you get yet another shitty legendary. There are just way too many out there, and because of that, some are absolute garbage.

Ended up with Sephuz on 3 characters. You know what his secret is? He hates his stupid ring.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    My DPS is not a problem with ~600k DPS on Krosus. The problem is the fact that I could be throwing another 100k DPS into the equation purely because of RNG and who is to say I will even get the 2 legendaries I need in the next 4 months as there is a total of 9 legendaries for 1 spec.
    You can argue that not getting every single piece of gear you have titanforged with highest roll also takes away from your theoretical DPS. It's just ridiculous. You work with what you have. Complaining about RNG is just, kinda, pathetic. If you really wanted to powerlevel you would level bunch of DKs and multibox them all until you got proper legendaries. But you didn't. So... yeah, you could provide your raid with more DPS if you were more dedicated than you are, that's kinda whole point of the mmorpg.

I just don't understand why people are so entitled to random gear they get. Seriously, i know a mage who did Kara every single week and STILL doesn't have an arans ruby. I myself remember not getting an axe for my enhancement shaman from Baleroc (which lead to my shaman being kicked from the raid in favor of another shaman who actually had epic weapons and i had to switch char on which i had better luck with drop). Dozens of players worldwide who don't get a BiS item they want so hard from a boss for a whole expansion, why do you feel so entitled to this piece of loot? It's just nature of the game, it was like that since 2004. You don't always get what you want, even if you for some reason feel that you deserve it more than random joe huntard who just bought your Ashkandi with DKPand it won't drop in next 10 weeks of raiding driving you crazy
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-01-31 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Today I received my 4th Legendary, the moment you see the fabled orange text your heart skips a beat and then sinks all in one go as you realise what you have just gone through to receive such a poor excuse for a "legendary". This week & last week I have done >140 M+ carry runs, LFR/Normal/Heroic Full clears of every raid, emissary, weekly cache of 12+ (pre 7.1.5) and 15+ (post 7.1.5).

Soft-cap removal for legendary pity counter is all well and good but the questions still remain.
    1. Is it better to continue the grind at the chance of getting 1 legendary that will be an outright boost in DPS by >60k?
    2. Do new characters have a legendary catch-up mechanic applied (from what I have seen it certainly looks like it).

With Nighthold now available along with the Artifact Knowledge catch up now seems better than ever to simply re-roll your character to have another chance at becoming viable in high end raiding. The sheer disparity in DPS is completely ridiculus purely because the RNG Gods shone their light on Casual Joe for him to receive 2 BiS legendaries which tally >100k DPS where just 1 BiS legendary is >60k DPS meanwhile Hardcore Harry has done >500 M+ runs and received all utility/bottom tier DPS legendaries or even legendaries that became bottom tier because of the changes in 7.1.5.

Exorsus spoke of this very problem and sadly it was ignored by blizzard until today when I read a blue post that some changes are coming in 7.2.
    See:7.2 Legendary System
    We currently don't know the details of the coming changes but two things come to mind.
    1. Are we going to end up with a proper fix?
    2. Is this fix going to be soon enough?

At roughly 45days played at current level, I have come to the conclusion that I could potentially provide my raid with MUCH greater DPS purely by re-rolling my character and putting in a bit of effort.

I am a Demon Hunter so not as many will feel the pain as much as I do (insert joke "What have you sacrificed?") with the restriction to one per server as other classes are not bound by this. I have now resorted to rolling on another server and transfer them around if the new Demon Hunter ends up rolling with BiS legendaries before main.
    This simply rerolling is ONLY possible if you have a guild willing you to carry you trough NH hc for 3-4ids and several 10+ or higher mythic+ for the weekly cache.

Without such a support its impossible! you wont even find a NH normal group when your ilvl <875

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Today I received my 4th Legendary. Simply devastated.

Get outta here.
    Someone managed to do it before I could do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Today I received my 4th Legendary, the moment you see the fabled orange text your heart skips a beat and then sinks all in one go as you realise what you have just gone through to receive such a poor excuse for a "legendary". This week & last week I have done >140 M+ carry runs, LFR/Normal/Heroic Full clears of every raid, emissary, weekly cache of 12+ (pre 7.1.5) and 15+ (post 7.1.5).

Soft-cap removal for legendary pity counter is all well and good but the questions still remain.
    1. Is it better to continue the grind at the chance of getting 1 legendary that will be an outright boost in DPS by >60k?
    2. Do new characters have a legendary catch-up mechanic applied (from what I have seen it certainly looks like it).

With Nighthold now available along with the Artifact Knowledge catch up now seems better than ever to simply re-roll your character to have another chance at becoming viable in high end raiding. The sheer disparity in DPS is completely ridiculus purely because the RNG Gods shone their light on Casual Joe for him to receive 2 BiS legendaries which tally >100k DPS where just 1 BiS legendary is >60k DPS meanwhile Hardcore Harry has done >500 M+ runs and received all utility/bottom tier DPS legendaries or even legendaries that became bottom tier because of the changes in 7.1.5.

Exorsus spoke of this very problem and sadly it was ignored by blizzard until today when I read a blue post that some changes are coming in 7.2.
    We currently don't know the details of the coming changes but two things come to mind.

Minor point: A Death Knight Is bound by that restriction as well, you can't have two Death knights on one server.

But anyway, I've never seen Raiding or PvP becoming great or amazing this expansion just due to the relliance on RNG to get good Legendaries, It's like.. how about just your skills, the abilities/talents you picked and your gear deciding how good you are In a raid, rather then If you get a legendary drop? They should not be In the game, period.

They provide nothing Interesting, besides we already have ARTIFACTS, giving us legendaries with randomly "cool" names won't make us feel great about looting "The Will of the Nathrezim" from a wolf's gut. (I made up that legendary but I wouldn't be surprised If It was one)

Blizzard needs to re-think their entire strategy with the game, give us back our utility abilities they took away for no reason, re-make the classes back to how they were - at least some of them, Outlaw seems good enough to me for example no need to change that majorly. Remove the Legendary system, remove the Artifact Power system or atleast It's grindy nature.

It's sad, cause you can fix most of those easily... simple have your Artifact Power be given to your ENTIRE CHAR, not per weapon. So that means If you get 23 traits available In Frost spec, you can get the exact same amount In Blood spec. There, problem solved - now It's less grindy. Also removing the 4th golden Trait is heavily needed, It's useless, It's just a timesink and It's useless I can't believe they thought of a trait that you can literaly sink more and more and more and more artifact power In to keep getting a generic 5 % damage upgrade.

Hire me, Blizz.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted

100% not worth your time. I mean by the time you get 25AK, get your artifact power up to 40-50'ish and actually get the gear/ilvl you would have geared your main much more and be doing way more damage regardless, also there's no guarantee you will get useful Legendary items for your new main. Granted I'm near your ilvl on my new main with only 80 hours played, I still only have 1 good Legendary out of 2, there's no way of knowing if my third will drop in a week, or a month, so there's no guarantee you will be in a better spot on your new character.

which class has legendaries so good?
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2017-01-31 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    what class has legendaries so good?
    fire mage bracers

I think it's also worth saying that the legendaries that existed right now wouldn't be so bad if their delivery mechanism actually had some well-defined spot in the gearing curve. In the same way that tier bonuses, powerful trinkets and ye olde pre-MoP legendaries have a spot appropriate for their power level, the same thing could've worked with these kinds of performance-increasing legendaries.

Instead, it was set up as a lottery with the biggest participation requirement being "exist at max level". I get why they wanted it to be an accessible feel-great bonus for casual players, but as a delivery mechanism for super-super BiS items, it's terrible. Even if it alienates a lot of players (including myself) if they're more exclusive, it would've made a lot more sense for particular legendaries to drop off particular mythic raid bosses, or for particular legendaries to be a part of the M+ loot pool beyond a particular mythic rank.

Praying for a legendary from emissary chests and low-level mythics just isn't great gear progression design. Not for the most powerful items in the game.