Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The funniest part of things like this, is when Flying finally does drop and you "resub" (we know you are still subbed) is you will be weeks behind getting it anyway because you didn't passively gain the Meta from part 1.
    Yeah, sure, I'm still subbed and don't have PF1 done already. Yeah, sure...

Pathfinder 1 completed on the 12th of November. So how much exactly will I be behind again?

I've done all the damn stuff on the ground already. My main is 110, my first alt is 110, my second alt got to 108 (edit: Actually 110, just checked armory) before I said F this and cancelled. I've done all the open world content several times now, I don't want to do it again without flying. And I don't feel like paying for waiting for the ability to continue progressing towards actually unlocking flight. So I'm not.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-01-31 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbaugh View Post
    I agree with the current approach to flying. First of all the developers get to set the rules - regardless of whether you like it or not. Second, I like being "forced" to explore the world and the FLIGHT POINT WHISTLE is an appreciated item that has been a real time saver. What would be the fun if you didn't have to grapple in stormheim or find the right way to get somewhere in HIGH MOUNTAIN. I think it's great to delay flying because then if you have to go back to the first part of the expansion you have already explored the area and it helps with the expediency of getting things done but am in absolute agreement that NO FLYING policy is healthy for the new x-pacs or new area of an expansion.
    I have done all the zones 10 times now across alts of both factions and that's not including WQs. Even if Blizzard had added a separate requirement to do 100 WQs in each zone that was character specific I'd have had that done long before now too. I'm not exactly sure how much more intimately I need to know these zones. It's to the point where I've memorized the locations of gathering nodes. Their "delay" is needlessly excessive.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I have done all the zones 10 times now across alts of both factions and that's not including WQs. Even if Blizzard had added a separate requirement to do 100 WQs in each zone that was character specific I'd have had that done long before now too. I'm not exactly sure how much more intimately I need to know these zones. It's to the point where I've memorized the locations of gathering nodes. Their "delay" is needlessly excessive.
    pretty much, when youre closing in ot the 5k WQs achievement, you are done with the world content since three months ago. there shouldnt have been part two, just the one pathfinder, do quest chains and WQs to explore maps, get exalted with each faction and complete their stories and youre done with world content, there is nothing beyond repeating WQs over and over worth exploring, that justifies ground mount anymore. you wanna restrict flying over ToS for now? just put Legion spaceships with cannons over there and shoot down incoming travelers with salvos, that cant be avoided for more than a couple of seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exor37 View Post
    there are tones of content to do. while u are crying and staying unsubbed because of flying? stay unsubbed please

- - - Updated - - -

i can't understand why some ppl are so obssesed with flying i just dont care if its there or not. im busy with raiding , m+, bgs, WQ and other stuff
    they have 2HS + portals allover suramar + fly whistle + emerald wings..., yet ppl are crying over flying, they can cry me a river.

Basically right?

It's not like it's hard to get around. And there's nothing to be gained by flying like inaccessible treasures or something. I can get around quite easily. I suppose you could argue you'd get to go in a straight line to your destination than having to land nearby and then walk to it. Idk.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Yeah, sure, I'm still subbed and don't have PF1 done already. Yeah, sure...

Pathfinder 1 completed on the 12th of November. So how much exactly will I be behind again?

I've done all the damn stuff on the ground already. My main is 110, my first alt is 110, my second alt got to 108 (edit: Actually 110, just checked armory) before I said F this and cancelled. I've done all the open world content several times now, I don't want to do it again without flying. And I don't feel like paying for waiting for the ability to continue progressing towards actually unlocking flight. So I'm not.
    Don't let the door hit your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This again.

You're basically saying that in order to improve your experience and make it "FEEL" a certain way to you personally, other people should have to play in a way they don't enjoy.
    Actually Blizzard is saying that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Don't let the door hit your ass.
    ^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Actually Blizzard is saying that.
    Yeah, and it's a terrible plan. Rather than making better content that people would actually choose to hang around and do out of enjoyment, they're forcing the issue by not giving players a choice. We'll see if that continues in 7.3 or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    There's been a "war" between pro-flying and anti-flying for a while now, and keeping an open mind, I feel the Pathfinder system is the best middle ground option.
    There was no war before the developers thought they had found a great way to introduce a massive timesink for no good reason and basically kicked it off. Most of the people arguing in favour of it are mostly the types that will zealously defend anything Blizzard does and in fact do so due to an unhealthy attachement to the brand itself. Where any criticism is understood as a personal attack upon them.

Also no, it is not a middle ground at all. It's closer to me having a house, you wanting it which obviously I reject because it's where and live and there is no reason to share it. So you propose I give you half of my house because that would be a fair middleground. It's a situation where I stand to gain nothing, while having what I like being cut into pieces and rendered almost useless. Then later on, you want the other half too. Obviously I'd rather keep it, so you propose we split my half into half as a middle ground...

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Hope it never gets added so i can continue enjoying world pvp.
    Talks about PvP, doesn't even PvP. "But muh FFA zones". Those will stick around either way. Anyone who wants to partake in them HAS to dismount and walk around. So not an argument.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2017-02-01 at 04:52 AM.

This is total horse shit!! Flying should automatically be available on release of 7.2 with the completion of pathfinder part 1, this second part should unlock your stupid class mount.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, and it's a terrible plan. Rather than making better content that people would actually choose to hang around and do out of enjoyment, they're forcing the issue by not giving players a choice. We'll see if that continues in 7.3 or not.
    Considering, that is how it has been in all previous new zones introduced after flying was obtainable, outside of Tanaan Jungle, I don't see any reason why it would be different for the broken shore or Argus. Blizzard wants us to be grounded. That is how they want to design the game. I think all of these thread has proven that it isn't about enjoyable content or choice. It's about wanting to get things done as fast as possible while avoiding all the things that "artificially" slow you down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I think this is simply not true.

You can get from A to B in less than a minute, even without flying, you have Emerald Winds and you have the flute, both are on a low cooldown, you can literally skip anything on your way, even in Suramar you can run through everything except demons with detection. On top of that, there are portals everywhere. You have 2 hearths.

The only reason why I'd need/use flying would be to do the worldquests that are a little further off. Like the one where you have to blow up that ship, or the one north of corrupted world tree.
    Oh and of course, I could straight up fly into the Warden Towers.

To a certain degree, I wish they'd only allow the 60% speed flying mounts.
    Why only 60%? Why not make the game as convinient for the players as possible? I've said it before and I say it again, no one force you to use flying mounts if you feel like exploring more or taking it slower. But for people like me, who only care to do things as smooth as possible, flying is the optimal solution, and the way we enjoy the game the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Considering, that is how it has been in all previous new zones introduced after flying was obtainable, outside of Tanaan Jungle, I don't see any reason why it would be different for the broken shore or Argus. Blizzard wants us to be grounded. That is how they want to design the game. I think all of these thread has proven that it isn't about enjoyable content or choice. It's about wanting to get things done as fast as possible while avoiding all the things that "artificially" slow you down.
    THIS!

Give this man a Cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Basically right?

It's not like it's hard to get around. And there's nothing to be gained by flying like inaccessible treasures or something. I can get around quite easily. I suppose you could argue you'd get to go in a straight line to your destination than having to land nearby and then walk to it. Idk.
    Thats the entire point lol. If its so easy to get around, why are we still having flying being held back? Makes no sense to me. You're not gaining THAT much of an advantage by having flying. It's more about the principle and freedom to have it as an option than anything, imo.

1 month... oh noes!

Fecking lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Thats the entire point lol. If its so easy to get around, why are we still having flying being held back? Makes no sense to me. You're not gaining THAT much of an advantage by having flying. It's more about the principle and freedom to have it as an option than anything, imo.
    For me it's because it strikes me as pure laziness. If there was a substantial gain to be had by unlocking flying now, like a whole new area of content that is only flying accessible, then I'd agree with you 100%.

But besides people wanting to avoid having to avoid mobs on the ground I don't see the real need.

Either way I don't care a whole ton. Just figured I'd toss in my two cents. Blizz does seem stuck on this path and I can't imagine they will change it anytime soon though.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Why only 60%? Why not make the game as convinient for the players as possible? I've said it before and I say it again, no one force you to use flying mounts if you feel like exploring more or taking it slower. But for people like me, who only care to do things as smooth as possible, flying is the optimal solution, and the way we enjoy the game the most.
    For people like you, instant teleportation would be the most convinient and enjoyable.

I mean, from your earlier post, it is pretty obvious that you are simply incapable of traveling through the Broken Isle because of your own stupidity, I'm not the kind of guy that thinks it's appropiate to change gamedesign/ make game-design-decisions for these kind of people. It often leads to a clusterfuck of weird choices that will ultimately make the game worse in many aspects.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-01 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    For people like you, instant teleportation would be the most convinient and enjoyable.

I mean, from your earlier post, it is pretty obvious that you are simply incapable of traveling through the Broken Isle because of your own stupidity, I'm not the kind of guy that thinks it's appropiate to change gamedesign/ make game-design-decisions for these kind of people. It often leads to a clusterfuck of weird choices that will ultimately make the game worse in many aspects.
    Stupidity? Nah, I'm not stupid, and it's not that I'm lazy. I just want it to be smooth and convinient. I just see no point in making travelling be harder than it should be. I don't even know what you mean by "these kind of people". Accessing the content faster and easier only sound like a good thing to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    For me it's because it strikes me as pure laziness. If there was a substantial gain to be had by unlocking flying now, like a whole new area of content that is only flying accessible, then I'd agree with you 100%.

But besides people wanting to avoid having to avoid mobs on the ground I don't see the real need.

Either way I don't care a whole ton. Just figured I'd toss in my two cents. Blizz does seem stuck on this path and I can't imagine they will change it anytime soon though.
    I just want to fly around on my own, looking at the scenery which I don't get to see from above, and being active 100% of my gaming time and not chained to a taxi and lobotomized for that time. Flying is not only "getting things done faster", it's also "getting things done in my way" and "being able to appreciate the world from every perspective". We have been grounded for about half a year now. Running on the ground got old for me after some weeks already. I want a change of scenery, if only in terms of an elevated perspective. Toys are not a replacement for that. I cannot appreciate the scenery when I have to refresh feather fall or click the stupid button every couple of seconds. I cannot hold on and take screenshot in a special place. It's beyond stupid now. It's harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Stupidity? Nah, I'm not stupid, and it's not that I'm lazy. I just want it to be smooth and convinient. I just see no point in making travelling be harder than it should be. I don't even know what you mean by "these kind of people". Accessing the content faster and easier only sound like a good thing to me.
    Also this. PvE was about slaying monsters, doing quests and collecting resources. Platforming was never part of classic WoW except some special cases (like the jumping part in Blackfathom Deeps, which can be buypassed entirely). Jump & Run is a new thing, definitively much newer then flying, and if devs tell us that this is part of their "vision", then they should consider that flight has a longer legacy than their stupid platforming approach.

At least they could have reworked the engine for platforming, but with the current engine, this is not a fun part of the game. GW2 and LOTRO are both much better in this, and LOTRO is a fucking old game just as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I just want to fly around on my own, looking at the scenery which I don't get to see from above, and being active 100% of my gaming time and not chained to a taxi and lobotomized for that time. Flying is not only "getting things done faster", it's also "getting things done in my way" and "being able to appreciate the world from every perspective". We have been grounded for about half a year now. Running on the ground got old for me after some weeks already. I want a change of scenery, if only in terms of an elevated perspective. Toys are not a replacement for that. I cannot appreciate the scenery when I have to refresh feather fall or click the stupid button every couple of seconds. I cannot hold on and take screenshot in a special place. It's beyond stupid now. It's harassment.
    Which is totally fair and I definitely respect your view on it. It's most definitely a valid point.

I wouldn't quite address it as harassment because Blizzard wants us to view their world from a certain point. There is a reason for it I imagine. Because they build the world now knowing people will fly at some point so it's not a matter of it being tough to implement. There is just reasoning they perhaps haven't shared with us about why they want us to use ground mounts vs flying.