Thread: End Boss 7.3

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No, that's what happened. Blizzard said so (twice, even) in Blizzcon Dev Q&A 2010 (or was it 2011?). The Cataclysm happened, partly at very least, because of the two Old Gods' deaths (C'Thun and Yogg to be exact). Remember how the earthquakes and element unrest happened way before Deathwing bursted back to Azeroth (even before the confrontation with Arthas, for that matter)? It's undeniable that Deathwing took part in the Cataclysm, but he isn't the sole cause of it.
    All I can find regarding anything like that is this, and while they say the Cataclysm happened because of the Old Gods (which is true, considering Deathwing went mad because of N'zoth and Yogg), they are not saying that us defeating the Old Gods caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    All I can find regarding anything like that is this, and while they say the Cataclysm happened because of the Old Gods (which is true, considering Deathwing went mad because of N'zoth and Yogg), they are not saying that us defeating the Old Gods caused it.
    Yes they are. The question is "We killed Old Gods so why no damage." to which they replied "Have you played cataclysm." which is perfectly clear what they are saying to him. That the cataclysm was caused by us killing the Old Gods.

The elemental unrest and earthquakes had begun the same day the first part of ICC was open, basically in reaction to Yogg's death since his tentacles had spread far and wide (The trees with Emerald dream portals were made to weaken them safely) causing the damage we see today in Azeroth. Deathwing did parts but the biggest damage us C'thun and Yogg ceasing to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yes, it's that video. You can't just look at the answer alone and interpret it that way. It's true that if it wasn't an answer but just a normal statement instead, yours could be one of the possible interpretation. However, they were answering the question about the consequence(s) of the Old Gods' deaths - C'Thun and Yogg in particular - as the questioner was asking why we haven't seen anything cataclysmic happened with two down. It wasn't a "Who caused the Cataclysm?" kind of question, but "Why haven't we seen any result of the Old Gods' death? Isn't it supposed to be doomsday and such?" instead. "The world blows up" was the consequence. Deathwing went mad because of the Old Gods long time ago when they were still alive, not right before Cataclysm.

Moreover, to reiterate myself: we got all the earthquakes and the element unrest way before Deathwing bursted back to Azeroth (those were implemented right when ICC opens or shortly before, I don't quite remember). I'm pretty sure Deathwing can't do all that while being in another dimension altogether.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-30 at 09:59 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I think that that quote its open to interpretation. Are they envious of they power, or of their hability to walk through the physical universe and do as they please?

There is another quote that could mean that the Pantheon its less powerful than the Void Lords: ''He told Sargeras of Azeroth, a fledging world-soul with more potential than any of the Pantheon had ever seen, a being strong enough to defeat the void lords in due time.''

So as you see, this quote, at least to me, states that not even the Pantheon could defeat the Void Lords.

As I said before, we have very little information about the Void Lords, their power is yet to be seen.

About the Dark Titan, I don't see him as end game for all creation. Before him, Sargeras was end game for all creation too, there is always an antagonist who is supposed to be invincible, but at the end there's always a way to defeat them.
    The only way i forsee us defeating a Dark Titan is in the middle of its gestation. I will state again and again, as a firm believer in myself (lol) that i feel that is what the ending to the Anduin comic is referring to, the final battle between light and dark and a timed one at that. If Void Lords are the embodiment of the dark like they are described, then there really would be no defeating them since you need darkness to have light, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I always thought Sargeras will be the last boss in World of Warcraft.

But, as usual in well written stories, there always is an even bigger villain waiting in the dark.
    We have the Void Lords, which are Warcraft's version of (In my opinion) Lovecrafts Azathoth.

What's next? We become INFINITE, and win against the Void..

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    The only way i forsee us defeating a Dark Titan is in the middle of its gestation. I will state again and again, as a firm believer in myself (lol) that i feel that is what the ending to the Anduin comic is referring to, the final battle between light and dark and a timed one at that. If Void Lords are the embodiment of the dark like they are described, then there really would be no defeating them since you need darkness to have light, and etc.
    I don't know which is the battle that Anduin's comic represents, but I'm pretty sure that we will fight a Dark Titan, I don't know in which state he will be, or how we will defeat him, but if they introduced the concept of Dark Titans and Void Lords, I think that sooner or later we will find them in our journey.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

wouldnt be surprised if its Kil jaeden and/or archimonde again, so we finish him/them once and for all, sargeras is kinda dumb tbh as he is a planet sized titan, kinda hard to think a buch of "mortals" (if we can be even looked at that this point into the game lol), to fight an acutall "god" (ps i know we had our fights with gods alrdy in the game, but none of them were so potent as sargeras, i mean, he can cleave fucking planets with a swipe of his blade)

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    wouldnt be surprised if its Kil jaeden and/or archimonde again, so we finish him/them once and for all, sargeras is kinda dumb tbh as he is a planet sized titan, kinda hard to think a buch of "mortals" (if we can be even looked at that this point into the game lol), to fight an acutall "god" (ps i know we had our fights with gods alrdy in the game, but none of them were so potent as sargeras, i mean, he can cleave fucking planets with a swipe of his blade)
    Sargeras' blade is broken, and we can blow up Argus in Sargeras' face. A feat someone like Illidan could definitely accomplish.

The last boss is Anduin. Sargeras is controlling him.

I called it

Archimonde is dead. Sargeras isn't as strong as people love to believe he is.

The legion will be done and dealt with at the end of 7.3.

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    I am Still hoping we fight Chromatus eventually http://wow.gamepedia.com/Chromatus. He was able to match the Fully powered Dragon aspects when he was incompletely awoken and still weakened.
    It would be nice, next expansion, as a Servant of the old gods, like one raid boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Yes they are. The question is "We killed Old Gods so why no damage." to which they replied "Have you played cataclysm." which is perfectly clear what they are saying to him. That the cataclysm was caused by us killing the Old Gods.

The elemental unrest and earthquakes had begun the same day the first part of ICC was open, basically in reaction to Yogg's death since his tentacles had spread far and wide (The trees with Emerald dream portals were made to weaken them safely) causing the damage we see today in Azeroth. Deathwing did parts but the biggest damage us C'thun and Yogg ceasing to be.
    We didnt kill any old god mate. we just defeat little part of them which was able to reach ground out of their prison. All gods are alive.
    Cataclysm was made by Deadwing who had power or Earthwarden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Archimonde is dead. Sargeras isn't as strong as people love to believe he is.

The legion will be done and dealt with at the end of 7.3.
    Archimonde isnt dead on lore which is still active. He died on draenor even on mythic (afterkill animation shows that).

Sargeras is one of the most strongest entities out there. He can 1 shot whole planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Sargeras blade being broken is RPG material isn't it? I don't think Gorschalach officially is a thing. Even if it is, Sargeras still has Gorribal though that would mean we can find Taeshalach somewhere (and it'd probably be the kind of artifact capable of killing Sargeras)
    Actually there is a picture in Chronicles I that shows that hes blade is broken (but I don't think that this would be a problem at all if he wants to destroy another planet).
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Sargeras blade being broken is RPG material isn't it? I don't think Gorschalach officially is a thing. Even if it is, Sargeras still has Gorribal though that would mean we can find Taeshalach somewhere (and it'd probably be the kind of artifact capable of killing Sargeras)
    I've posted on this before, hence my short message in that post. To repeat, you are right that only the RPG describes what happens to Gorschalach, and that obviously is not canon anymore, since for one thing, the Titans are dead.

However, the depiction of Sargeras' blade remains the same. In his planet cleaving picture, his sword has identical design to previously released pictures. And most importantly, his corrupted avatar is depicted in Chronicle like this:

Clearly wielding the broken sword identical to the one depicted before in previous media as well.

So it would seem that in canon, his sword is still broken.

Edit: Just found a passage in Chronicle where Sargeras and Aggramar shatter their swords during their first confrontation, so it is definitely still canon.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-02-03 at 05:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    We didnt kill any old god mate. we just defeat little part of them which was able to reach ground out of their prison. All gods are alive.
    Cataclysm was made by Deadwing who had power or Earthwarden.
    the old gods are dead, apart rom n'zoth, its lore canon, if they can back is another story

why Cho'gal would want to resurrect c'thun if he wasn't dead? LUL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the old gods are dead, apart rom n'zoth, its lore canon, if they can back is another story

why Cho'gal would want to resurrect c'thun if he wasn't dead? LUL
    Killing old gods causes massive damage to the planet, but more importantly, to the unborn titan within it. When Aman'thul simply ripped Y'shaarj apart the resulting wound it left on the planet horrified the titans and cursed the land (what would eventually become Pandaria) with the Sha.
    Seeing that killing the old gods was not an option they decided to weaken them first before imprisoning them. The old gods you fight in game are far from the peak of their power. They were defeated and imprisoned by the titans for thousands of years and although you might cut off the head of the old god, their tendrils run deep into the planet. Even after being ripped apart thousands of years ago Y'shaarj was still able to corrupt Garrosh.

Did you see any damage to the planet when we "killed" 2 old gods? No. Because they are not dead.

Many things from Medan story are noncanon. Only blizzard know what exactly.

LOL in Argus there is Sargeras who will rape any gay void creature that touch his planet
    in argus we will see the true prime of the demonic eredar civilization

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    It's not misconception. Fighting Sargeras, like 20 mortals vs him in raid, would also be awful writing. I hope they somehow adapt the story so we defeat Sargeras in some way that gives the story & him, as titan, proper justice. It doesn't always have to be let's beat the crap out of being 100x strogner than us with plot device empowerment, artifacts, pillars of creation whatever.
    We are not "mortals" we have mortal bodies with immortal souls. By technicality we are alike to demons in the sense of we do not truly die in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I hope you realize that's how Afrasiabi does things.

He loves to mess around. He's the one who said Grom was the last boss of WoD when it wasn't even close. He likes to mess with people. He's done it before so it's fairly obvious he's doing it again.

You really think he'd spoil something like that when 7.3 hasnt even been discussed yet? Of course not. He's doing what he always does, messing around.

Actually Grom was planned to be the last boss and HFC was hastily rewritten after literally the whole community raged against 2 expansions in a with months of beating on an orc as last boss.. Which was why the story feels so disconnected and weird on the last patch of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Actually Grom was planned to be the last boss and HFC was hastily rewritten after literally the whole community raged against 2 expansions in a with months of beating on an orc as last boss.. Which was why the story feels so disconnected and weird on the last patch of WoD.
    Obviously Blizzard didn't plan anything about a twist in the last patch involving AU Gul'dan who's freed by us in the first quest of the expansion, and nothing was planned about Gul'dan with the Kadghar/Legendary ring's quests
    How long people will still think that Blizzard changed their story?

Did you think that they would announce Warlords of Draenor by saying "Ok people, here's the twist : Archimonde is the last Boss because AU Gul'dan was already whispered by Kil'Jaeden and plotted against Grommash, so he got imprisonned and we'll free him in the very beginning of the expansion!".

Have you seen the movie Fight Club? When you saw the trailer or the posters, did you think one second that it was a movie about mental disorder and schyzophrenia (if you've never heard of the book)? No, you just thought "wow it's cool, it's nerdy Norton VS cool Pitt!".