Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Americans are so skurred of brown people these days, it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    So, the alt-reich are more of a threat than immigrants? When are we going to be doing something about them? I mean, other than putting them in the white house.
    And armed toddlers are even more dangerous!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nuclear citrus hitler wants to keep his country safe from threats without and within, in order to do so you have to work up the ladder, first the babies need to be interrogated, then the toddlers, then the school kids, the teenagers, then the elderly...and that's about it I think.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Please, explain why a child should be handcuffed in this situation. I get that there are extreme situations that allow it, but what the hell.

https://twitter.com/barrytgoldberg/s...61917882052609

EDIT: The photo looks like it was shot from a potato cam, and the OG post was taken down. So, treat the above with suspicion.

Ohh, and here is another, an american citizen, kept apart from his mother for hours: (more credible)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...says-5-9725070

Seriously?
    No one is hand cuffs in that picture

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Nuclear citrus hitler wants to keep his country safe from threats without and within, in order to do so you have to work up the ladder, first the babies need to be interrogated, then the toddlers, then the school kids, the teenagers, then the elderly...and that's about it I think.
    Not the elderly. If there is one thing Trump and the Trumpkins cower in fear in the face of, it's the AARP.

Have you never seen a kid on cuffs before? I've seen it in sweden it's what happens when parents are detained from for example shoplifting seen it with gypsies alot and its no big deal. I don't see any cuffs here though.

It may not be the best thing to do but it happens, could be as easy as they don't want the kid to run away and go missing.

And before you get all exited I was talking about the ones I seen in sweden where they cup one on the kid and one end on the cop so they don't run, there isn't even any in this story.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-01-31 at 02:13 PM.

Fake news is fake. News at 11. Again at 12.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-31 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    You are fake! Gottem.

So... is that pic fake or not?

If it's not fake... shame on you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    <snip>
    There are a few problems with framing it like that:
    1. Selective endpoints - it would seem to me that the most reasonable way to handle yearly fatalities is looking at the total deaths since the time jihadi terrorism started to become a real threat. You could quibble about the exact date on this, but most would settle on something like ~1980. Doing that would provide a still low, but not deliberately distorted picture of how many Americans have been killed by Jihadis.

2. Comparing preventable deaths against deaths are essentially unpreventable. The existence of some baseline number of people being struck by lightning doesn't in any way suggest that people shouldn't bother with trying to stop much more preventable deaths.

3. The biggest problem is that the chief concern with terrorism isn't the low level, pervasive rate of a few dozen people per year being killed by jihadis, it's the potential for true black swan events. The upper bound on deaths isn't set by a lack of interest on the part of jihadis in committing a much more significant mass murder, but lack of opportunity. The most obvious sort of black swan would be someone getting ahold of an old Soviet tactical nuclear weapon and using it. Even barring this sort of event, well placed conventional explosives have massive destructive potential.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    you are welcome. we have only just begun.
    Lol! This was worth a good laugh this morning. Thanks.

If a child was handcuffed, then I think whoever did this needs to be talked to by those who were in charge. Overreaction for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The current government admitted that 5 year old was handcuffed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So... is that pic fake or not?

If it's not fake... shame on you.
    2nd article is not fake for sure.

So, the alt-reich are more of a threat than immigrants? When are we going to be doing something about them? I mean, other than putting them in the white house.
    Looks like our policies against jihadist are working doesn't it? Given that we have over 320,000,000 in America. And untold millions of illegal immigrants. Add to that the millions upon millions of annual visitors those numbers are not all that bad. We have more illegal immigrants than some countries do have actual citizens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The current government admitted that 5 year old was handcuffed.

- - - Updated - - -

2nd article is not fake for sure.
    Five YO was flying from Iran alone and was in the air when the order was signed. The child just happened to get caught up in the mess. In actually it is the family's fault. One would think they would keep up with current events if they were sending their child alone overseas. I know I would. This is just more bias media propaganda wanting to place the blame somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

Five YO was flying from Iran alone and was in the air when the order was signed. The child just happened to get caught up in the mess. In actually it is the family's fault. One would think they would keep up with current events if they were sending their child alone overseas. I know I would. This is just more bias media propaganda wanting to place the blame somewhere else.
    So you're saying it's OK for the Federal Government to detain an American Citizen leaving Iran because he's five years old (the age to be able to fly alone per Airline Rules)-- and the family at the departing gate would have to provide a signature captured ID of the person meeting the child when they arrive?

You really should look at the rules for an Unaccompanied Minor flying.

http://www.airsafe.com/kidsafe/kidrules.htm

Sounds to me like you're OK with people being detained because they don't look "American Enough" for you that you're out to take away their rights.

I mean I feel bad that the powers for the past 40 years have fucked the immigration system up that it will take a period of extreme measures to reverse but this is our country. Immigration is not to help other people, its to benefit the host nation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    How do we make America just OK, again?
    But it never stopped being great. That's what so perplexing. It never stopped being great. Until now with Trump that is...

Lol. Its real, the whitehouse just spoke about it and there is footage of the kid being returned to her mother.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=facebook-post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    3. The biggest problem is that the chief concern with terrorism isn't the low level, pervasive rate of a few dozen people per year being killed by jihadis, it's the potential for true black swan events. The upper bound on deaths isn't set by a lack of interest on the part of jihadis in committing a much more significant mass murder, but lack of opportunity. The most obvious sort of black swan would be someone getting ahold of an old Soviet tactical nuclear weapon and using it. Even barring this sort of event, well placed conventional explosives have massive destructive potential.
    You don't understand what a black swan event is. It is an unknown unknown. You can't talk about future black swan events by definition because you don't know what they are.
    And, every conceivable potential source of fatality has black swans associated with it. None are likely and all are impossible to calculate the probability of.

In terms of apocalyptic scenarios, which I think is what you meant, there are far more likely scenarios than terrorists capturing a nuke, which is mostly a bullshit fantasy people get from watching dumb action films. The obvious scenario would be a country with nuclear weapons using those nuclear weapons. Such as the US. That's not even a grey swan-they've already put a petty, emotionallly unstable man in charge of your nuclear arsenal.

EDIT: I should probably be less harsh. It is very rare you hear from a right-winger who attempts to read a book. It is like a chimpanzee that can play golf or something, very impressive on its own terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But it never stopped being great. That's what so perplexing. It never stopped being great. Until now with Trump that is...
    You have to interpret "great" as "white & christian". Then it makes sense.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Why is everyone so deathly afraid of the brown Boogeyman??? I don't remember this much hysteria even after 9/11.

30 years ago we would have said"bring em on, we'll weed out the bad ones and curb stomp them to dust."

Everyone done gone soft, left and right alike.
    well, look at what brown people are doing in Europe. And also to their OWN country. Also, your precious brown people were drowning Christian Children when they were in same boat together.

- - - Updated - - -

More of threat yes, due to they are already here. Our system is designed to keep threats out, not even once think immigrants are less threat than the right wing ones. Look at what immigrants doing to their own countries to see how dangerous they are.