Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    cool story, i have bachelor exam monday. which gives me my degree.
    Only Bachelor is nowhere near the level of a Master. At least for us, the engineers.

When I was at your age (assuming you have actually taken a bachelor at the proper age, and haven't slacked), I could get near top marks while using half of my time playing wow instead of studying during exams. My thesis was excellent too. My bachelor degree is about electrical engineering, so it wasn't the usual bullshit easy bachelor either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    /shrug. I get it but doing WQs can be 30 minutes of just the 4 emissary quests or, if you need resources and don't care about other stuff, doing a few WQs that gave those. If you didn't even have 30 mins a night, well, yeah, you're behind. Oh well. My point was that you can focus on one toon, not several (spurred by you saying 'none of your mains...')
    That was indeed my biggest mistake. I got my two lvl 100s to 110 as soon as the game launched, quit for a while, then I got the sudden urge to play a priest. Came back to the game and made one, now here I am =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Somebody gonna be mad when 7.2 hits, seeing as they are removing all traits above 34. lmao
    not really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Dunno - could also have been their plan anyhow. Catch up mechanisms have pretty much been in the game since....forever (well, since badges in TBC)

- - - Updated - - -

They also refund the AP spend and add new things - so why be mad?

- - - Updated - - -

..and who are you that I have to play the game the way YOU want it to please you?
    The question is why you feel offended, you do not HAVE TO play with me. I'm allowed to have my own opinion and expectations. don't like it, move on.

it's funny isn't it, that there is a game out there, where you can personally decide who you wish to play with and who you don't ?

so whats the issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Only Bachelor is nowhere near the level of a Master. At least for us, the engineers.

When I was at your age (assuming you have actually taken a bachelor at the proper age, and haven't slacked), I could get near top marks while using half of my time playing wow instead of studying during exams. My thesis was excellent too. My bachelor degree is about electrical engineering, so it wasn't the usual bullshit easy bachelor either.
    Derp. I don't get it, you cool now or something? just by doing emissary chest you get a trait up each 2-3 day, people who rushed 54 was a month ago. anyone who did emissary are more or less 54. If you don't have time for that, than I dunno why even get offended for a game you don't play much anyway?

I don't care what you have accomplished or have not. I just do not understand why you "feel" that you are offended and need to defend yourself, or come with excuses on why you didn't reach 54.

I never asked for you to give me a reason. my overall point is simple "I just act like everyone is 54, and if they are not, they are by default underperforming in my eyes".

Thats my opinion. And you are free to play or not play with me, thats YOUR decision not mine to make. So What is this argument you are trying to make?

not really?

- - - Updated - - -

The question is why you feel offended, you do not HAVE TO play with me. I'm allowed to have my own opinion and expectations. don't like it, move on.

it's funny isn't it, that there is a game out there, where you can personally decide who you wish to play with and who you don't ?

so whats the issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Derp. I don't get it, you cool now or something? just by doing emissary chest you get a trait up each 2-3 day, people who rushed 54 was a month ago. anyone who did emissary are more or less 54. If you don't have time for that, than I dunno why even get offended for a game you don't play much anyway?

I don't care what you have accomplished or have not. I just do not understand why you "feel" that you are offended and need to defend yourself, or come with excuses on why you didn't reach 54.

I never asked for you to give me a reason. my overall point is simple "I just act like everyone is 54, and if they are not, they are by default underperforming in my eyes".

Thats my opinion. And you are free to play or not play with me, thats YOUR decision not mine to make. So What is this argument you are trying to make?
    Only an idiot would stay subscribed to a game like WoW, spending 13 euros a month, just to do 4 dailies a day, since the rest of his time would be occupied by studies. Maybe you live with your parents, or they send you money (like 90% of the students).

I live abroad though, I have to study like crazy to meet up my Master's expectations, enjoy some free time with my girlfriend, learning a foreign language from scratch which includes 7 hours of lessons a week, as well as working part time in order to barely make any money for myself, since I don't want my parents to send me so much money every month just to live in the expensive country I am in.

If you think that I am going to spend 13 euros a month, just to get my artifact to 54 traits so that elitist idiots like you can recruit me, well, it's not worth it. Chances are you are a douchebag ingame anyway judging from that attitude.

It's my own choice to live my life like this, but you can't expect random people who might do HC Nighthold to be having 54 traits already, all of them, else they are automatically bad or something.

I've done my fair share of cutting edge/mythic kills in the past, and I know how to play. The thought that I might be not accepted to any guild for mythic raiding when I resubscribe just because I have a life and had to stop playing for a while, meaning I got only 34 traits (back when getting 34 traits was still not often seen), makes me want to just stay unsubbed for the rest of this amazing expansion, due to the shitty gear/AP obsessed community there is. You might say your opinion won't affect me, but you, and many other idiots, are the ones that usually raid Mythic, meaning that some of us who have had less time to spend in Legion, can't enjoy it.

Hell, I would agree if it was really needed to have 54 traits, chances are it's not though as long as you are good enough with your class and are aware of mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    I just capped a new character yesterday... [lots of stuff about how you're not capped
    I don't think you know what capped means... World quests and LFR is not endgame...

- - - Updated - - -

Only an idiot would stay subscribed to a game like WoW, spending 13 euros a month, just to do 4 dailies a day, since the rest of his time would be occupied by studies. Maybe you live with your parents, or they send you money (like 90% of the students).

I live abroad though, I have to study like crazy to meet up my Master's expectations, enjoy some free time with my girlfriend, learning a foreign language from scratch which includes 7 hours of lessons a week, as well as working part time in order to barely make any money for myself, since I don't want my parents to send me so much money every month just to live in the expensive country I am in.

If you think that I am going to spend 13 euros a month, just to get my artifact to 54 traits so that elitist idiots like you can recruit me, well, it's not worth it. Chances are you are a douchebag ingame anyway judging from that attitude.

It's my own choice to live my life like this, but you can't expect random people who might do HC Nighthold to be having 54 traits already, all of them, else they are automatically bad or something.

I've done my fair share of cutting edge/mythic kills in the past, and I know how to play. The thought that I might be not accepted to any guild for mythic raiding when I resubscribe just because I have a life and had to stop playing for a while, meaning I got only 34 traits (back when getting 34 traits was still not often seen), makes me want to just stay unsubbed for the rest of this amazing expansion, due to the shitty gear/AP obsessed community there is. You might say your opinion won't affect me, but you, and many other idiots, are the ones that usually raid Mythic, meaning that some of us who have had less time to spend in Legion, can't enjoy it.

Hell, I would agree if it was really needed to have 54 traits, chances are it's not though as long as you are good enough with your class and are aware of mechanics.
    That's a lot of rage...

Have you even bothered looking at the balance of power quest line?

Yeah. Fast. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I don't think you know what capped means... World quests and LFR is not endgame...

- - - Updated - - -

That's a lot of rage...
    rawr! /10chars

Deleted

So let me understand. You are pretty much right now. trying to tell me on a forum, based of WoW, replying to me about a game that you do not play.

and then we again had to listen to your life story out of the blue because you apparently have "success with life" or w.e you tried to hint at, which i didn't fully understand or perhaps how 13 euros were a lot so perhaps a post about poverty :thinking: and because of that i'm an elitist and assumed to live with my parents, because I have an opinion about people I wish to play with has 54 traits, or expected to have them. Interesting, and as if that isn't everything then i'm also called an idiot. lul.

if i get my degree tomorrow, the day after I'll start on masters and meh it doesn't seem like the biggest difference so yeah have fun mr grown up, who doesn't have time to 54 traits but plenty of time to argue with me

So let me understand. You are pretty much right now. trying to tell me on a forum, based of WoW, replying to me about a game that you do not play.

and then we again had to listen to your life story out of the blue because you apparently have "success with life" or w.e you tried to hint at, which i didn't fully understand or perhaps how 13 euros were a lot so perhaps a post about poverty :thinking: and because of that i'm an elitist and assumed to live with my parents, because I have an opinion about people I wish to play with has 54 traits, or expected to have them. Interesting, and as if that isn't everything then i'm also called an idiot. lul.

if i get my degree tomorrow, the day after I'll start on masters and meh it doesn't seem like the biggest difference so yeah have fun mr grown up, who doesn't have time to 54 traits but plenty of time to argue with me
    Ok I will tell this in a more simple way, so that you can understand.

- I merely explained my life to show you that my schedule is busy, meaning that I couldn't get much out of WoW, I can afford it, but these 13 euros could be utilised in a better way every month if all I can do in wow is just feeling like I have a job every day - to log in and do dailies. What's the point of getting 54 traits, and being completely inactive for 2 whole months in any other in game activity. I might as well unsubscribe. Not to mention that it can get tempting to play sometimes or can detract you from doing something important. By no means did I want to say that I am successful because I have a gf, etc, merely that since I have so much going on, I don't really have any time to sit down alone, and play during the exams.

- I made assumptions, merely because you assumed (if I remember your first post, it was something along those lines), that anyone who doesn't have 54 traits doesn't put any effort in the game. I know I could outperform against many average players with 54 traits, while I am at 34 only. It has happened before when I joined a fresh Mythic guild this expansion, I was 10-15 ilvls lower and I could still beat them. I had 888 ilvl when I unsubscribed so I am pretty sure I can keep up with people still.

- As for starting a Master, yes, it doesn't feel like a big difference, until you actually start it and go to the exams. Or maybe your country just doesn't take masters seriously, who knows. I have to put 1200 hours of work into a project every semester, on top of multiple 4 hours long lectures, with 2 on the same day most of the time, for all weekdays. And no, I haven't failed any exams to have that many subjects, it's just immense work. Back in my bachelor I had like 2/3 of that, without the project work. And as I said, I study Energy Engineering for my Master, I've seen other people who study cultural shit and stuff like that as their Master and they are living the life. They have almost no homework back at home, no need to study to understand all sorts of formulas and controller designing like I do.

- I have time to argue with you, simply because my last exam is this Tuesday, and I've already studied the biggest bulk of it, with only tomorrow left to study with a group of friends and solve some exam exercises. That means I have some excess time to finally relax a bit, and to chat on a forum I like. I won't start playing WoW until I can judge a bit better how are warlocks doing at the moment, and just how long it would take to catch up.

Deleted
    Ok I will tell this in a more simple way, so that you can understand.

- I merely explained my life to show you that my schedule is busy, meaning that I couldn't get much out of WoW, I can afford it, but these 13 euros could be utilised in a better way every month if all I can do in wow is just feeling like I have a job every day - to log in and do dailies. What's the point of getting 54 traits, and being completely inactive for 2 whole months in any other in game activity. I might as well unsubscribe. Not to mention that it can get tempting to play sometimes or can detract you from doing something important. By no means did I want to say that I am successful because I have a gf, etc, merely that since I have so much going on, I don't really have any time to sit down alone, and play during the exams.

- I made assumptions, merely because you assumed (if I remember your first post, it was something along those lines), that anyone who doesn't have 54 traits doesn't put any effort in the game. I know I could outperform against many average players with 54 traits, while I am at 34 only. It has happened before when I joined a fresh Mythic guild this expansion, I was 10-15 ilvls lower and I could still beat them. I had 888 ilvl when I unsubscribed so I am pretty sure I can keep up with people still.

- As for starting a Master, yes, it doesn't feel like a big difference, until you actually start it and go to the exams. Or maybe your country just doesn't take masters seriously, who knows. I have to put 1200 hours of work into a project every semester, on top of multiple 4 hours long lectures, with 2 on the same day most of the time, for all weekdays. And no, I haven't failed any exams to have that many subjects, it's just immense work. Back in my bachelor I had like 2/3 of that, without the project work. And as I said, I study Energy Engineering for my Master, I've seen other people who study cultural shit and stuff like that as their Master and they are living the life. They have almost no homework back at home, no need to study to understand all sorts of formulas and controller designing like I do.

- I have time to argue with you, simply because my last exam is this Tuesday, and I've already studied the biggest bulk of it, with only tomorrow left to study with a group of friends and solve some exam exercises. That means I have some excess time to finally relax a bit, and to chat on a forum I like. I won't start playing WoW until I can judge a bit better how are warlocks doing at the moment, and just how long it would take to catch up.
    thats where you are wrong though, cuz that was not my 1st post which is why it doesn't make sense why we argue.

35 traits is 5% dmg done, 54 is 14.5% dmg done, I play on a high lvl, where min max is everything, i do not care if you outplay people in lfr. or if you outplay someone who did heroic. no i'm not an elitist, I just play for a different cause, If you have fun, please have fun. I stated several times this, that IF SOMEONE wants to PLAY with me then THEY SHOULD meet my expectations, and that is if you do perfect gameplay (Shit happens all the time) then you do your 500-600k DPS when 500-600K dps is recommended with the given x amount of traits, now just because your better than average, it doesn't mean you can simple do magic tricks and do more dps. I expect everyone on an encounter to do a certain dps with 14.5% dmg increase, and if someone is 50k from it cuz lack of traits, than I would take it as a "doing less than expected" so he is easier to replace by someone else who plays equally fine but just automaticly deals more dmg.

Again, Nowhere do I state that you should or should not play with me. I'm simple stating that this is what I expect of those who wishes to play with me.

which is why i don't care if you work 1 hour or 24 hour, i have friends who works 40-45 hours weekly and they also managed to get 54 traits.

and again nobody cares with your masters on how much you time consume on it. you choose the subject, so you study for it. thats your choice. don't try to get others to have empathy with you or something thats just plain wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Ok, now go and do it with all 12 classes like I'm attempting. Clearly that shouldn't be too hard for you?
    Yeah, the class mounts have me wanting to level several other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

thats where you are wrong though, cuz that was not my 1st post which is why it doesn't make sense why we argue.

35 traits is 5% dmg done, 54 is 14.5% dmg done, I play on a high lvl, where min max is everything, i do not care if you outplay people in lfr. or if you outplay someone who did heroic. no i'm not an elitist, I just play for a different cause, If you have fun, please have fun. I stated several times this, that IF SOMEONE wants to PLAY with me then THEY SHOULD meet my expectations, and that is if you do perfect gameplay (Shit happens all the time) then you do your 500-600k DPS when 500-600K dps is recommended with the given x amount of traits, now just because your better than average, it doesn't mean you can simple do magic tricks and do more dps. I expect everyone on an encounter to do a certain dps with 14.5% dmg increase, and if someone is 50k from it cuz lack of traits, than I would take it as a "doing less than expected" so he is easier to replace by someone else who plays equally fine but just automaticly deals more dmg.

Again, Nowhere do I state that you should or should not play with me. I'm simple stating that this is what I expect of those who wishes to play with me.

which is why i don't care if you work 1 hour or 24 hour, i have friends who works 40-45 hours weekly and they also managed to get 54 traits.

and again nobody cares with your masters on how much you time consume on it. you choose the subject, so you study for it. thats your choice. don't try to get others to have empathy with you or something thats just plain wierd.
    All I get from this is 'yada yada yada, I don't know how to look at world of logs'. You can see who is a better player when comparing even a player with 16 traits, 860 ilvl, against a player with 54 traits, 890 ilvl just by taking a look at world of logs. Your friend might work 40-45 hours, but doesn't study. Also, I've gotten cutting edge achievements, how stupid are you to think that I compared myself to heroic/lfr, when I clearly say that I am used to raiding in Mythic enviroment since Cataclysm. To me it looks like you are the one who is an LFR player, not knowing what cutting edge apparently, since you assumed that I, yet again, compare my skill to average heroic players or below average LFR ones. But sure, whatever floats your boat. And of course I will argue about it when there are many people like you who don't know how to judge a good player properly, limiting others from enjoying the good content, just because they don't have as much free time as you. But anyway, let's drop this, I am tired of this.

7+ Year Old Account

Pft... Electrical Engineering... You E's out there think you have it sooo tough. Meanwhile, us REAL engineers (MS in Civil Engineering) keep things moving along.

;-)

I'm J/K by the way in case it wasn't obvious to the non-engineers reading this. It's an engineer thing.

- - - Updated - - -

35 traits is 5% dmg done, 54 is 14.5% dmg done, I play on a high lvl
    No, you play with more bonus DPS from your weapon, that's it. What kind of "level" a person is playing on is found out by their parses and raid logs. If somebody out there is pumping out the same deeps, assisting with the same mechanics, and still putting out equal numbers to you, then THEY are the ones playing on a higher level. Don't make the mistake that level = skill... That's been the ruination of many folks since the gearscore days back in Wrath.

I'm reminded of that scene from the movie "Down Periscope" where the one admiral tells the Captain, "You are addressing a Superior Officer!" and he replies, "No, merely a higher ranking one."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Pft... Electrical Engineering... You E's out there think you have it sooo tough. Meanwhile, us REAL engineers (MS in Civil Engineering) keep things moving along.

;-)

I'm J/K by the way in case it wasn't obvious to the non-engineers reading this. It's an engineer thing.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you play with more bonus DPS from your weapon, that's it. What kind of "level" a person is playing on is found out by their parses and raid logs. If somebody out there is pumping out the same deeps, assisting with the same mechanics, and still putting out equal numbers to you, then THEY are the ones playing on a higher level. Don't make the mistake that level = skill... That's been the ruination of many folks since the gearscore days back in Wrath.

I'm reminded of that scene from the movie "Down Periscope" where the one admiral tells the Captain, "You are addressing a Superior Officer!" and he replies, "No, merely a higher ranking one."
    You told me the exact same thing another Civil Engineer told me about a month ago XD, but just to clear one thing out, I type any sort of course with a capitol letter by default, not to show that I am all high and mighty XD.
    Also, thank you for supporting my point regarding player skill being seen from logs, not from AP tree. Sure 54 traits are nice, but if there is a player that can play in the 85-95th percentile in Mythic fights with 34 traits, surely he/she is worth a try, should they be willing to farm the traits they didn't get while away from game!

7+ Year Old Account
    You told me the exact same thing another Civil Engineer told me about a month ago XD, but just to clear one thing out, I type any sort of course with a capitol letter by default, not to show that I am all high and mighty XD.
    Also, thank you for supporting my point regarding player skill being seen from logs, not from AP tree. Sure 54 traits are nice, but if there is a player that can play in the 85-95th percentile in Mythic fights with 34 traits, surely he/she is worth a try, should they be willing to farm the traits they didn't get while away from game!
    I did? Dang... the advanced years must be catching up with me because I honestly don't remember that... (stupid head-cobwebs)

On the other point. Exactly. I mean, sure, everybody is progressing towards those 54 traits, but in my mind the first 35 are basically the deal breakers in getting truly raid ready from a gearing standpoint. After that, it happens when it happens and as long as a raider is performing in a high bracket, I'm a happy camper regardless of how many traits he has plugged into that fourth golden ball.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post

;-)

- - - Updated - - -

.... dude how much more do I need to explain before someone gets it. I play with people who understands their class soo much that they can't pump out additional dps cuz they are basically playing on a "human perfect level" as in there will always be room for small mistakes but the overall dps is what their gear/talents are made for.

so basically a guy with 5% dmg trait, and another guy with 10%. the one with 10% in this situation would simple outdps the other guy cuz they both play equally good.

So if I see him do 5% less dmg, then i will not think "oh thats cuz he lacks traits" i will simple think "oh well he wont be doing anymore dps" cuz im playing today not in a freaky month.

and also don't fking quote a sentence from me without reading all the crap, I play on a high level where everyone is expected to have 54 traits. In this scenario , high level means = high in commitment. Common sense seem to be lost thesedays.

- - - Updated - - -

All I get from this is 'yada yada yada, I don't know how to look at world of logs'. You can see who is a better player when comparing even a player with 16 traits, 860 ilvl, against a player with 54 traits, 890 ilvl just by taking a look at world of logs. Your friend might work 40-45 hours, but doesn't study. Also, I've gotten cutting edge achievements, how stupid are you to think that I compared myself to heroic/lfr, when I clearly say that I am used to raiding in Mythic enviroment since Cataclysm. To me it looks like you are the one who is an LFR player, not knowing what cutting edge apparently, since you assumed that I, yet again, compare my skill to average heroic players or below average LFR ones. But sure, whatever floats your boat. And of course I will argue about it when there are many people like you who don't know how to judge a good player properly, limiting others from enjoying the good content, just because they don't have as much free time as you. But anyway, let's drop this, I am tired of this.
    You mean the Yada Yada you did several times with your master degree stuff? GJ. wow you do cutting. wow #amazing Kappa.
    Last edited by mmoc6818f34952; 2017-01-31 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

It's like you forgot about the gloat you posted before.

It's amazing when one looks in the mirror, but doesn't recognize themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It's like you forgot about the gloat you posted before.

It's amazing when one looks in the mirror, but doesn't recognize themselves.
    no. it's just that people do not understand anything. when i keep trying to tell them that People do not have to play with me but can choose to do so, then I guess I can only explain in a way where it will sound like im "elitist" or "asshole" instead of just trying to say "hey, i'm just playing with people who wishes to commit alot"

I don't forget stuff, but people do not understand a single word, unless you tell them everything to the bone where they will be like "oh my god an elitist person herpa derp" instead of trying to understand the point of view.

I'm still saying it today, that people can play the game how the fk they want, nobody is forced to play as I do. The only thing I say, is that playing with me means, playing with my expectations, which i've not yet changed my opinion on. So play the fking way you want to, but don't try to enforce me to your beliefs of your gaming style, my expectations are out there, and there are people enjoying the game with the same conditions/requirements/expectations. It is not one sided, as I'm personally also agreeing on mutual amount of keeping/doing their expectations.

so what now ?

10+ Year Old Account
    no. it's just that people do not understand anything. when i keep trying to tell them that People do not have to play with me but can choose to do so, then I guess I can only explain in a way where it will sound like im "elitist" or "asshole" instead of just trying to say "hey, i'm just playing with people who wishes to commit alot"

I don't forget stuff, but people do not understand a single word, unless you tell them everything to the bone where they will be like "oh my god an elitist person herpa derp" instead of trying to understand the point of view.

I'm still saying it today, that people can play the game how the fk they want, nobody is forced to play as I do. The only thing I say, is that playing with me means, playing with my expectations, which i've not yet changed my opinion on.

so what now ?
    Right, but...

well nobody caresi f you have 35 traits anylonger, i have had 54 for like a month now.

in my opinion people who aren't 54 yet, are just underperforming by default.

I expect people to have 54 traits, if not they are just doing less than what I expect of them. simple as that.
    You act as if anyone cares about traits in the first place. You can't even see other players' traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    I just capped a new character yesterday, spending a few hours just doing that, getting from 109 to 110. Popped an AK20 tome, and within the same day, got to AP level 20. Not even properly grinding it, that was just from dungeons and WQs and other side stuff I did along the way of the gear grind which I actually made less progress on (this character is still below 810, so I didn't even have access to heroics yet)

I suspect getting to 35 will not take very long at all, in fact by being bestowed with instant AK20 upon level capping, just doing Suramar probably gets it most/all of the way there, if not overshooting, especially if one waits a few days for it to pool up to AK25.

The gear grind also doesn't feel like it takes terribly long imo. If you're rerolling for heroic NH, yeah that'll take a while, but from the last alt I did, even before 7.1.5 it only took a few weeks to get to ~865ish, WITHOUT dumping tons of gold on the character to give them all kinds of crafted gear.

All in all the most painful part of rolling a new character to me is actually the exp grind from 1 to 110 (or 55 to 110, even) more than anything else. Which is crazy considering all the heirlooms and exp pots and other things you can abuse for efficiency. There's no weekly lockouts or time gates on exp.
    Once you get your weapon to 50+, clear a mythic+ 20 in time and clear out the current mythic raid, come back, ok.
    You're being silly right now.